Home

NCAA Basketball 09 Patch Available For PS3, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 Patch Available For PS3, Impressions Here within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2008, 06:02 PM   #97
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NCAA Basketball 09 Patch Available For PS3, Impressions Here

Wrong thread, but I am sure loving this game. Plan to play my first Dynasty game tonight. Please tune in.

http://www.freewebs.com/hustlinowl/R...e%20Legend.htm

Last edited by HustlinOwl; 12-01-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:32 PM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 4

where do i get the patch at?
Old 12-03-2008, 10:45 AM   #99
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

After having the game for a week, I admit that it is starting to grow on me and I would probably be liking it much more if I had more time with it. I've gotten to play about 7 or 8 games since I bought it last Wednesday and I had my most fun game last night.

I was using Buffalo playing on the road at Rutgers. They jumped out to a quick 15 - 2 lead but I managed to close the gap and trailed at the half, 36 - 30. I opened the 2nd half on a 10 - 0 run. The rest of the game we traded baskets back and forth. With 25 seconds left I took a 1 point lead on a 3-pointer by my SG, at 72 - 71. Rutgers naturally played for the last shot and I had a solid defensive stand go to waste when their PF got a putback at the buzzer after their SG missed a jumper with 3 seconds left. It definitely was a fun game even though I lost.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:31 AM   #100
Pro

shorty12345's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
After having the game for a week, I admit that it is starting to grow on me and I would probably be liking it much more if I had more time with it. I've gotten to play about 7 or 8 games since I bought it last Wednesday and I had my most fun game last night.

I was using Buffalo playing on the road at Rutgers. They jumped out to a quick 15 - 2 lead but I managed to close the gap and trailed at the half, 36 - 30. I opened the 2nd half on a 10 - 0 run. The rest of the game we traded baskets back and forth. With 25 seconds left I took a 1 point lead on a 3-pointer by my SG, at 72 - 71. Rutgers naturally played for the last shot and I had a solid defensive stand go to waste when their PF got a putback at the buzzer after their SG missed a jumper with 3 seconds left. It definitely was a fun game even though I lost.
Wow sounds like a heart breaker! If that was me i would've broke my controller probally. That's one thing i hate about basketball games, losing at the buzzer! Lol
Old 12-04-2008, 09:53 AM   #101
All Star

crques's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty12345
Wow sounds like a heart breaker! If that was me i would've broke my controller probally. That's one thing i hate about basketball games, losing at the buzzer! Lol
I try to refrain from throwing my controller these days, especially since I have a year old little boy that likes to mimic whatever I'm doing. LOL I can live with losing at the buzzer that way and it's happened to me quite a bit over the years.

On that note and totally off topic of the thread, the funniest buzzer beater I can ever recall being involved with on a video game happened when I was playing my cousin on Bulls vs. Lakers for the Sega Genesis. I was down by 2 with 2 seconds left and was naturally trying to inbound the ball to Jordan. Instead of Jordan, Bill Cartwright ended up with it at the top of the key and I had no choice but to fire up the shot. I drained about a 25 footer to win the game........with Bill Cartwright of all people. He did throw his controller but I guess it could have been worse. I could have hit the shot with Will Perdue. LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2008, 02:39 AM   #102
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
I try to refrain from throwing my controller these days, especially since I have a year old little boy that likes to mimic whatever I'm doing. LOL I can live with losing at the buzzer that way and it's happened to me quite a bit over the years.

On that note and totally off topic of the thread, the funniest buzzer beater I can ever recall being involved with on a video game happened when I was playing my cousin on Bulls vs. Lakers for the Sega Genesis. I was down by 2 with 2 seconds left and was naturally trying to inbound the ball to Jordan. Instead of Jordan, Bill Cartwright ended up with it at the top of the key and I had no choice but to fire up the shot. I drained about a 25 footer to win the game........with Bill Cartwright of all people. He did throw his controller but I guess it could have been worse. I could have hit the shot with Will Perdue. LOL
LOL, man that brings back good good memories. My college days... ahh sleeping in, not going to class, playing Sega instead
Old 12-05-2008, 02:42 AM   #103
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:

Was going to buy the game at tonight while I was at Walmart, but the bums didn't have it. So I went home and played the demo again. Now, maybe I am glad I did not buy it. Is the retail version as sluggish as the demo on the 360? I would try to get my player to move and it just seemed like a little lag (and I wasn't online of course).
Old 12-05-2008, 11:40 AM   #104
All Star

crques's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
Was going to buy the game at tonight while I was at Walmart, but the bums didn't have it. So I went home and played the demo again. Now, maybe I am glad I did not buy it. Is the retail version as sluggish as the demo on the 360? I would try to get my player to move and it just seemed like a little lag (and I wasn't online of course).
I have the PS3 retail version and it plays better than the demo. I'm still trying to decide if the game was worth my $65 though. I'm having more fun with it than I was a week ago but it still seems to be lacking in a lot of areas. The only problem I've seen with sluggish play is when I'm using Vanderbilt. For some reason the game lags really bad, offline, when using them and they have a particular player (I think SG #1) that doesn't move the entire game. When you throw him the ball, he can't pass or anything. It's a weird glitch and I've only seen it with Vanderbilt and that particular player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »