Home

Question about 09 vs 08

This is a discussion on Question about 09 vs 08 within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2008, 03:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Question about 09 vs 08

I have the 08 game and am 90% done with a season I am really enjoying.

I have considered upgrading to the 09 game but have a few questions first:

1. from personal experience is the gameplay any better than 08?

2. In 08 the game when a player committed a foul it never showed be how many fouls they had. So sometimes I would have a player foul out before I realized it, or I would have to stop and go to game stats after each foul to check the foul count. Has this been corrected?

3. I created all my players (I had a roster of personalities I "knew" from 07 and created them in 08. However the game had blank faces for at least half the players and next to no name recognition by the PA announcer. Are created players faces (and names) better in 09?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2008, 01:27 AM   #2
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Question about 09 vs 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgustusM

2. In 08 the game when a player committed a foul it never showed be how many fouls they had. So sometimes I would have a player foul out before I realized it, or I would have to stop and go to game stats after each foul to check the foul count. Has this been corrected?

3. I created all my players (I had a roster of personalities I "knew" from 07 and created them in 08. However the game had blank faces for at least half the players and next to no name recognition by the PA announcer. Are created players faces (and names) better in 09?
The reason no one is answering your questions is because they've been answered weeks ago!

09 is nothing like 08!

New game, new engine, new features! Better game overall!

Go get it already and not playing questionaire over the internet!!!
Old 12-19-2008, 04:47 AM   #3
Rookie

ColProd's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgustusM

1) While I think the post-game was better last year, I think the overall game is better. Well, excluding the announcers and "CBS" graphics.

2. A graphic pop's up with fouls, points, to's and other vital stats through-out the game. It's a lot better than last year in this sense.

3. There is still some "name recognition" problems as not all the names are in the game, but I think it's improved over last year.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:51 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I can't believe you're still playing 08. I quit after a week it was so crappy. UPGRADE NOW. Seriously it is so much better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »