Home

Who's slider should I use?

This is a discussion on Who's slider should I use? within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2008, 03:58 PM   #1
Fighting a War & Gaming

8and9's Arena

OVR: 9
Who's slider should I use?

I don't want to make this thread a battle of the sliders, but who's sliders bring me the more realist experience right now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2008, 04:26 PM   #2
Rookie

Jason2112's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Who's slider should I use?

This should be in the slider forum, but here you go. Jason2112 sliders are somewhat different that Heelfans All-American sliders. I have tweaked them to get realistic stats that match my skills with real life results. I am pretty good at the game, but no expert I'll admit. Heelfan's sliders were pretty good, but mine are different in the fact that you will not get 20 blocks a game and 50 turnovers (both teams combined) with my sliders and with Heelfan's I was getting WAAAY too many blocks and turnovers. Also, he doesn't want the three point slider as high as I like it. (not sure why, because my three pcts. are just about right if not a little on the low end) I just couldn't have a "good" night from 3 pt range with that lower slider so I bumped it up. Let me know if you like mine though.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:15 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

not to sound like a jerk, but anyone who's created sliders are going to tell you that their's is the best and anyone who uses those sliders are going to say that as well.

The best thing you can do(although its a chore to do) is plug and play and see what works for you.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-23-2008, 10:52 PM   #4
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
not to sound like a jerk, but anyone who's created sliders are going to tell you that their's is the best and anyone who uses those sliders are going to say that as well.

The best thing you can do(although its a chore to do) is plug and play and see what works for you.

Very true and I'll suggest roadlesstrvld4's sliders

I made a few adjustments to them but they yield some great results for me. Check out my blog for my dynasty updates, I post stats from the games I play. Last night I lost to Cincy (who is like 2-8 in the conference) at home by 12. Rough rough game....
Old 12-23-2008, 11:02 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
Very true and I'll suggest roadlesstrvld4's sliders

I made a few adjustments to them but they yield some great results for me. Check out my blog for my dynasty updates, I post stats from the games I play. Last night I lost to Cincy (who is like 2-8 in the conference) at home by 12. Rough rough game....
the Big East is brutal.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2008, 07:19 AM   #6
Rookie

Zeppelin8's Arena

OVR: 8

Check slider threads and go for popular ones - with more posts. That's what I usually do for any game.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:00 PM   #7
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
the Big East is brutal.
CB, you aren't kidding! This loss came out of nowhere, now I'm two games back of UConn (actually three since they own the head-to-head tiebreaker) and I have Louisville and South Florida nippin' at my heels as they are both a game back from me.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:02 PM   #8
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
CB, you aren't kidding! This loss came out of nowhere, now I'm two games back of UConn (actually three since they own the head-to-head tiebreaker) and I have Louisville and South Florida nippin' at my heels as they are both a game back from me.
Yeah, the loss @South Florida and @ St.John's really floored me. I wasn't expecting to lose. One thing that I like about this game is that there are games where your team will come out flat and there are other times you come out hitting on all cylinders. Then there are games where its a difference of two halves. And the same can be said for the cpu's teams. I love that about this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »