Home

MM too hard? Here's a Tips thread!

This is a discussion on MM too hard? Here's a Tips thread! within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-19-2003, 11:42 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
MM too hard? Here\'s a Tips thread!

Well here's a couple hints for you..

First off, are you used to playing CH, if so, MM isn't nearly as easy, in fact, MM isn't easy much at all..You need to play MM differently, much differently..

First off, play the game like you would for real, in real life..Pass the ball around, set screens, ect.

Try to get some high-low and pass around the perimiter..Use the quick pass icons (L2 if i remember correctly) to make sure your passes get there on time..

I started using baseline high cam, the game isn't as graphical but it playes very well and you can see the whole court..

I find that in man-to-man, when they double team a big guy you have a couple options..

1 - You can put up a shot and possibly hit it, but not your best option unless double team is late..

2- the cross court diaginal pass is sometimes there, be sure you use the pass icons to make sure the pass gets there..Usually you'll have an open shot, but if the CPU isn't going to be much late try either using freestyle or pump fake to get open and take a jumper around the cirlce..

3- pass out to the guard and pass around the perimiter til you get the ball in the corner..Sometimes his defender will get picked by the other big guy and you'll have an open shot, or you can dribble in a bit for an open jumper

4 - if these dont work pass it around and get it to the other big down low..

5 - repeat

This could work w/zone defenses, also, but zones are more suceptible to your guards getting or dribbling into gaps and taking shots, or perimiter shots, too..

This WONT work all the time, but once you start reacting better to the d, you can start doing more things like ball screens and basket drives..

Look through the plays, theres a BUNCH of them in the game, loads of offenses and offensive plays..

On defense, it's tough, you gotta play to your oppenents weaknesses, Duke will TORCH you if you play a zone whereas teams with much poorer shooters won't..

Full court D helps get a couple steals and fast breaks..

Half court trap was implemented nicely, use that, occasionally you'll get an unexpecting PF out there and he'll cough up the ball..

When they go on a run..TO! If you don't..they'll hammer you until submission..

Hope this helps and makes it a bit more enjoyable for you!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2003, 01:13 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: MM too hard? Here\'s a Tips thread!

This guy has never played ESPN CH
Old 11-19-2003, 01:19 PM   #3
Rookie

LOL yes i have..and it's way too easy..

I soon am going to make a movie for you guys and post it..
Old 11-19-2003, 01:20 PM   #4
Rookie

And then in the end game stats i'll make about 60+% of my shots and end up beating a higher ranked team by 20 or 30..
Old 11-19-2003, 01:35 PM   #5
Rookie

Why don't you just use the sliders in ESPN...that is why they're there. Jistic has some pretty good sliders that are getting rave reviews and is making the game difficult and realistic. It's one thing to have an easy game w/ no sliders (CB 2K3) and another to have a game that can be tweaked to your liking...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2003, 01:40 PM   #6
Rookie

I really dislike the gameplay. MM really spoiled me after playing, It's so fluid, everyone has a purpose to where they are on the court, actually looks like a bball game going on, not too much standing around done by players at all wheras in ESPN sometimes I found I needed to call another play bc my players would just stand..

It's not the tweaking sliders thing, I'll play another game of ESPN when theres challenging sliders I suppose, maybe tomorrow, but the game should still be somewhat difficult out the box on highest difficulty!

If default slider settings are what sega thinks are suitable for college bball, then they don't deserve to make bball games...
Old 11-19-2003, 02:12 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 1

my biggest problem is getting by someone with the tribble.
Any advice?
Old 11-19-2003, 02:38 PM   #8
Rookie

Hey Chi

I respect your opinion on the bball games...but I do see your point about sliders...Remember back in the day where we could all fully enjoy a sports game right out of the box, without sliders. I think it breeds laziness on the developers side and it takes away our focus from enjoying the game because we're too busy playing w/ sliders!!!! BOTH games are great this year...We should all be grateful for that!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »