Home

Old 04-15-2015, 04:29 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: VIP

There are too many 2-3 conference dynasties, I think the best way to do it is to have 1 conference. It makes every game count and it is honestly so boring playing the CPU. I also support the no athlete/no scouting rule b/c every team becomes loaded. It makes it a lot more realistic b/c the game gets too easy after 2-3 years otherwise.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:34 PM   #58
Rookie

Correct me if I am wrong, but the point of online dynasties is so that we can play each other and show off our game skills as well as our recruiting skills. By having three conferences, we reduce the user games to 3-5 and just end up playing a lot of CPU. I love one conference because it forces competition every week and every game counts.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:56 PM   #59
Pro

barsoffury's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhamm26
There are too many 2-3 conference dynasties, I think the best way to do it is to have 1 conference. It makes every game count and it is honestly so boring playing the CPU. I also support the no athlete/no scouting rule b/c every team becomes loaded. It makes it a lot more realistic b/c the game gets too easy after 2-3 years otherwise.
I totally agree. A one conference dynasty is more and keeps guys more engaged in the league. Since assuming this league will have dedicated players, scheduling and playing user games shouldn't be a problem.

Beating on the CPU is fun once in a while but honestly, 7,8,9 times a year it gets stale and 99% of the time users don't lose those games. One conference also doesn't punish you if you lose a game or two during the season. Maybe he hurts your NC hopes but there's still bragging rights amongst all the other users for conference championship.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:02 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhamm26
There are too many 2-3 conference dynasties, I think the best way to do it is to have 1 conference. It makes every game count and it is honestly so boring playing the CPU.
If that's what most want out of this particular league, lots of head to head match ups I'm all in for that too, but this league is replacing one that was like that (ACC) and that league died.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:04 PM   #61
Rookie

Yea I like the one conference setup...and it eliminates most of the stat inflation against cpu
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2015, 06:08 PM   #62
Pro

barsoffury's Arena

I like 2 conference dynasties also but I wouldn't go beyond that. If you go 3 you're looking at a best case 4-4-4 but if and when guys start leaving/disappearing, you could end up with 1 guy all by himself in a conference. Which nobody wants. For one it gives that guy pretty much an easier path to the NC but leaves them disconnected from the user to user competition.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:11 PM   #63
Pro

barsoffury's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thdudeabides
If that's what most want out of this particular league, lots of head to head match ups I'm all in for that too, but this league is replacing one that was like that (ACC) and that league died.
The ACC one died mostly because the commish abandoned this site and the league and left it to nobody to takeover.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:12 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by barsoffury
I like 2 conference dynasties also but I wouldn't go beyond that. If you go 3 you're looking at a best case 4-4-4 but if and when guys start leaving/disappearing, you could end up with 1 guy all by himself in a conference. Which nobody wants. For one it gives that guy pretty much an easier path to the NC but leaves them disconnected from the user to user competition.
Another good point. That's what happening in Rose Bowl. I think there's two of us left in the BIG.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online »