Home

Old 03-01-2017, 04:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NEW LEAGUE PS3

NEED A NEW LEAGUE?!

Starting a new league that GUARANTEES 11 User vs User games, two Conference Winners, and a Bowl Game that names our League Champion!

Any interest, questions or concerns, reply back to this post, or contact me by PSN : ZMoney32010.

Will need GroupMe app to be in league
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2017, 06:34 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: NEW LEAGUE PS3

How can you have 11 user vs user games? And have them in 2 different conferences? Do you guys just play exhibition games?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-01-2017, 08:18 PM   #3
Rookie

If you Customize 2 Conferences to have 6 teams each (12 Users total), you'll play all in your Conference (5 Games). Then the Commish can customize schedule to make sure every user plays the other conference users (6 Games, totaling 11). The last game can be Scheduled either as a tune up or to aid your Strength of Schedule.
The two Conferences will be made to play each other in the Bowl Tie-In (Big10 & Pac12 already meet in the Rose Bowl) and that will work as the League Championship game.

Note: An undefeated team may likely go to National Title Game, meaning they are the unquestioned League Champ. Also, the best Overall Record may not mean Conference winner, since a Conference winner just takes the best Conference record.

Ex. Team goes 6-6 (6-0) will be the best in its Conference record, worst in league.

Any questions?

Old 03-01-2017, 09:15 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisleemi
How can you have 11 user vs user games? And have them in 2 different conferences? Do you guys just play exhibition games?

Just so you know, I answered your query. It's above
Old 03-01-2017, 09:21 PM   #5
Rookie

That's a good setup.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2017, 02:04 AM   #6
Rookie

That's not quite how it works. The only way to play 11 user games is to have all 12 teams be Independents. Each team would play the 5 divisional opponents, plus 3 CPU teams from the other division. You would then need to make it work where with all the random weeks have each user play 3 teams from the opposing conference. The most games you could guarantee with teams no independent is 8, with a chance you might not even be able to do 8. The best way for this to work would be 6 user teams in two conferences of 16, 3 users in each of the four divisions. Nobody plays more than 2 user games (their two divisional opponents). Make sure to set divisional rivalries to User vs a CPU team. Then the winner of each division would play each other in a "semi-final" CCG, with the winners either meeting in the natty or a bowl game. If you have a solid league, nobody should be losing to the CPU, so the conference champions can't really have more than 1 loss. This is the best way to create a "Final Four" aspect to an NCAA 14 OD.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:00 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whillisness34
That's not quite how it works. The only way to play 11 user games is to have all 12 teams be Independents. Each team would play the 5 divisional opponents, plus 3 CPU teams from the other division. You would then need to make it work where with all the random weeks have each user play 3 teams from the opposing conference. The most games you could guarantee with teams no independent is 8, with a chance you might not even be able to do 8. The best way for this to work would be 6 user teams in two conferences of 16, 3 users in each of the four divisions. Nobody plays more than 2 user games (their two divisional opponents). Make sure to set divisional rivalries to User vs a CPU team. Then the winner of each division would play each other in a "semi-final" CCG, with the winners either meeting in the natty or a bowl game. If you have a solid league, nobody should be losing to the CPU, so the conference champions can't really have more than 1 loss. This is the best way to create a "Final Four" aspect to an NCAA 14 OD.

A commissioner has full right to alter any schedule so, let me draw it out the way I did to show it works.

Big 10: PAC12:
OSU UO
PSU OSU
WIS UCLA
UM USC
MSU SU
IOWA WASH

These are the 6 Teams in Each Conference, all 12 being User Teams.
For argument, I will be User Penn State (PSU).

My created Penn State schedule looks like this:

Penn State Schedule

This schedule shows 11 Games, designed to play all other Big10 teams and then Customizing the schedule to play 6 Games against the Users from the Pac12. The 12th game can be when, where, and whoever you choose.

At season's end, these two conferences meet in the Rose Bowl for the league title.

To make scheduling easier, I made Conf. Games starting after week 7, so both conferences have the first 6 weeks open to schedule non conference games (I didn't place this schedule in that way for time purposes).

Any other questions?
Old 03-02-2017, 07:15 PM   #8
Rookie

drew73stl's Arena

OVR: 1

Yes, my question..... Is this league happening or just a discussion about something that seems feasible

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Operation Sports mobile app
Mizzou Tigers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online »