Home

Anyone else making rosters???

This is a discussion on Anyone else making rosters??? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2006, 10:46 PM   #25
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Anyone else making rosters???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua
I did rosters in '03 and was the first to put them out, ahead of DT and Blacklover, I didn't make a dime, not one donation, I did it for two reasons.

1.) I wanted to start my dynasty
2.) I wanted others to start their dynasty

This isn't a greed thing my man, and for you to call someone an idiot, with no insight whatsoever to the situation shows your immaturity a bit.
You didn't make a dime because you didn't pimp your rosters out on eBay and on your own website. I don't have a problem with anyone who does rosters and offers them for free. I won't even condemn anyone who accepts donations. However, when websites start going up saying that you can order your memory card and cards are placed on eBay to sell, that's when it is absolutely no longer for the good of the on-line community.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2006, 11:33 PM   #26
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
You didn't make a dime because you didn't pimp your rosters out on eBay and on your own website. I don't have a problem with anyone who does rosters and offers them for free. I won't even condemn anyone who accepts donations. However, when websites start going up saying that you can order your memory card and cards are placed on eBay to sell, that's when it is absolutely no longer for the good of the on-line community.
well we know DT Linder doesn't have an ounce of integrity, but do you have any proof that Fairdale Kings is making money? I got an e-mail offer from his website advertising 360 memory cards with the rosters on them for $42.95. I don't see how he can be making money considering that memory cards are $39.95 and where I live tax is another 5% making the total cost $42.45. How will he ever spend that extra 50 cents? So can you show us links to auctions on Ebay where FK is making money?
Old 07-17-2006, 12:12 AM   #27
Rookie

sleepychicken's Arena

OVR: 4

Well, the general public will start getting their hands on the game officially tommorrow at midnight. I'm glad he's not answering pointless IM's and posts. In fact, his first post after he got the game stated that he wouldn't be posting or answering IM's and politely asked for people to refrain from IM'ing him. They guy is doing the work, so it doesn't matter if he's doing it for the community, for pride, for money, or whatever. It's not our place to tell him how he should go about it. Fact is, anyone that wants can get the roster without him getting a dime.

I don't understand the point of this post or anyone having anything bad to say about someone busting *** so we can have rosters. I tried one year, got through three teams and quit. I don't have time for that shnit. Thank god someone else does, reguardless of their motives.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:03 AM   #28
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian9
Is it just me, or has this whole roster thing become corporate-like? I remember the days when a few people would all chip-in and take a few conferences or so each. We'd always have an update, and know what was going on. Also, was easy to get a roster file, up to what was done at that point. I tried IM'ing FK a few times, and no response. I also posted asking him to PLEASE put up whatever file he had done so far, and no response. They all say it's not about the money, but for some reason...I don't really agree.

Any other opinions??? Am I alone on this one???
Yes, you're alone. You need to chill out and quit worrying him to death with IMs and e-mails. What makes you think you're special that you should receive what he's done so far? I can't believe that you'd have the audacity to make this post. If he answered every IM or e-mail that every little piss ant sent him, he would never get anything done.

And I could care less why you want them now...if he wanted help doing it, I'm sure he would have asked. LIke someone else said, quit bitchin' and start your own project and quit making demands of someone who is doing everyone here a tremendous service.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:08 AM   #29
t3g
Rookie

t3g's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian9
Is it just me, or has this whole roster thing become corporate-like?
Well it would have a corporate feel if he charged for the rosters, which is not the case. Also, its good that someone is so dedicated and has a strict schedule to get these things done. Its much better than a handful of people on different schedules trying to work together and the result being a huge mess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »