Home

Boondock18 xbox roster thread

This is a discussion on Boondock18 xbox roster thread within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2006, 01:38 AM   #17
Pro

iRepOklahoma's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Boondock18 xbox roster thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondock18
By the way I came across this site http://www.theleons.org/stephen/ncaa/ that has a chart as far as what should equal what. What do you guys think about it?
looks ok i guess...yeah thats about right...
Old 07-21-2006, 01:39 AM   #18
Pro

iRepOklahoma's Arena

OVR: 8

by the way thanks....no offense to FairdaleKings, but Im glad theres finally another option on the block for XBOX rosters! thanks
Old 07-21-2006, 03:52 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRepOklahoma
by the way thanks....no offense to FairdaleKings, but Im glad theres finally another option on the block for XBOX rosters! thanks
I'm sure he does a good job with his rosters. I've just liked doing them myself over the years and this year I figured eh what the hell I'll post mine and see what people think. I would never go through ever team individual ratings but this year I just think it would be great to have an authentic roster seeing as this is perhaps the last version we will see. I'm sure fk will release his before me and thats fine. I don't expect donations nor will I send out memory cards or anything. I won't have a fancy website. I don't care to be big in the roster scene, I just want to create the ultimate roster set. Up and down every team detailed as can be. I'm sure some players that don't deserve statisticaly to be considered a 85 overall will end up there.. all we have to do is drop awr or other important stats in that area that will bring it down. The most important ones are agility, speed, and strength. Thats what the pro scouts look at and thats what we have to look at. skills like pass blocking, and run blocking are coached skills. You either learned how to do it or you didnt. Just because your super strong doesnt mean your going to be good at it. Thats my opinion.
I look forward to working with some of you guys on this, hopefully more will join in with us. I really just need to gather up a huge amount of information on teams and there players stats. after the initial release we can add the freshmen we need. I'm thinking maybe an update once a month to adjust players that are having big years. That wouldn't mean making them faster, just raising their catch stat or something.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:51 AM   #20
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondock18
I'm sure he does a good job with his rosters. I've just liked doing them myself over the years and this year I figured eh what the hell I'll post mine and see what people think. I would never go through ever team individual ratings but this year I just think it would be great to have an authentic roster seeing as this is perhaps the last version we will see. I'm sure fk will release his before me and thats fine. I don't expect donations nor will I send out memory cards or anything. I won't have a fancy website. I don't care to be big in the roster scene, I just want to create the ultimate roster set. Up and down every team detailed as can be. I'm sure some players that don't deserve statisticaly to be considered a 85 overall will end up there.. all we have to do is drop awr or other important stats in that area that will bring it down. The most important ones are agility, speed, and strength. Thats what the pro scouts look at and thats what we have to look at. skills like pass blocking, and run blocking are coached skills. You either learned how to do it or you didnt. Just because your super strong doesnt mean your going to be good at it. Thats my opinion.
I look forward to working with some of you guys on this, hopefully more will join in with us. I really just need to gather up a huge amount of information on teams and there players stats. after the initial release we can add the freshmen we need. I'm thinking maybe an update once a month to adjust players that are having big years. That wouldn't mean making them faster, just raising their catch stat or something.
I think, and this is just an opinion, you should just edit the names and that´s it.. at least on the first edition.. A lot of people are waiting for someone to do the edits so they can start the season and they don´t really care about the ratings.

Beside, not all of them will agree on your Ratings editing.. but they would like to use your rosters... so... your best choice, i think, is to do first, the names... and when you are done with it.. release it.. and after that.. do the whole Rating "project".

Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:01 AM   #21
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

yeah and besides if you alter attributes it renders it useless on line
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2006, 08:00 AM   #22
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6

I would also just like the names. Don't care about the rating changes. Thanks a ton for doing these! Look forward to them! Games just been sitting there since I don't have a roster. I did get 4 games into the season, but then realized I'd just be starting over.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:47 AM   #23
Can U spare a dollar?

GHUGHES's Arena

OVR: 9

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss your the man for real hit me via PRIVATE MESSAGE i would like to donate a lil something for your service thanks a hella lot
Old 07-21-2006, 10:29 AM   #24
stewaat

OVR:

Would it be possible for you to release what you currently have? FK hasn't even finished 360 rosters yet, so hopefully you would be done before he was. I lack the motivation to get started, but if I got ahold of rosters which had the majority done, I'd take the time to finish them off.

If you can do that, it would be greatly appreciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »