Home

Red's Updated FK rosters Version 2

This is a discussion on Red's Updated FK rosters Version 2 within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2006, 08:08 AM   #49
Rookie

ThaFranchise_10's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Red's Updated FK rosters Version 2

Red... I'm almost done with my roster edits for Arkansas if you want them to put in this new update. I've got to create one player and then I'll be done. There were a lot of changes made because they have most of the offensive and defensive line very underrated and a few guys overrated. I've got them in an Excel spreadsheet so if you want them let me know and I'll find a way to send them to you.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:43 AM   #50
Pro

Chazzilla's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaFranchise_10
Red... I'm almost done with my roster edits for Arkansas if you want them to put in this new update. I've got to create one player and then I'll be done. There were a lot of changes made because they have most of the offensive and defensive line very underrated and a few guys overrated. I've got them in an Excel spreadsheet so if you want them let me know and I'll find a way to send them to you.
Send them to me please!
Old 07-28-2006, 09:16 AM   #51
Rookie

ThaFranchise_10's Arena

Okay, I just zipped them up and attached them right here. If you want my Arkansas edits they're in the zipped folder. Just unzip them and open them up. You have to have Excel to open it.

This has position changes, number changes, class changes, and nearly every player has been edited. I didn't touch some of the freshman that I didn't know much about, but almost everyone else has been edited. Some players overall improved, some players overall decreased, but that's the way it should be, I think.

It also has every players height and weight listed from the Razorbacks official website, along with their hometowns listed. The hometowns are either their real hometown or the closest city in the game I could find to their real hometown.

The main thing I wanted to correct was the way the offensive and defensive lines were underrated as a whole. Some players were right on, some were too good, but as an entire unit they were underrated. This should be the best offensive line in the SEC, and the game didn't have them portrayed that way.

Anyway, here they are. Download them if you want them. I'd appreciate it if they were included in v3.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Razorback Edits.zip (16.7 KB, 8 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2006, 10:33 AM   #52
Pro

Chazzilla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaFranchise_10
Okay, I just zipped them up and attached them right here. If you want my Arkansas edits they're in the zipped folder. Just unzip them and open them up. You have to have Excel to open it.

This has position changes, number changes, class changes, and nearly every player has been edited. I didn't touch some of the freshman that I didn't know much about, but almost everyone else has been edited. Some players overall improved, some players overall decreased, but that's the way it should be, I think.

It also has every players height and weight listed from the Razorbacks official website, along with their hometowns listed. The hometowns are either their real hometown or the closest city in the game I could find to their real hometown.

The main thing I wanted to correct was the way the offensive and defensive lines were underrated as a whole. Some players were right on, some were too good, but as an entire unit they were underrated. This should be the best offensive line in the SEC, and the game didn't have them portrayed that way.

Anyway, here they are. Download them if you want them. I'd appreciate it if they were included in v3.
Right on! I'm checking it out right now, but you sumed up my thoughts of EA's rating perfectly!
Old 07-28-2006, 10:55 AM   #53
Pro

Chazzilla's Arena

Just a couple of things. You use Wes Murphy as a CAP player, but he is the #1 TE on the depth chart. EA messed that one up big time. Tell you what, I did one, but the ratings are a little bit over the top, because I play on heisman, and got sick of USC beating me the first game of the year. The ratings are over inflated, but not by much, and depending on how are season goes they might not be inflated at all, I hope not. As far as which players , I think this is accurate for Arkansas, the depth chart matches. It just stinks that we can only have 70 players. Anyway this has all Arkansas recruits three starts and over. Plus it has Rashaad Johnson Roberts brother, who was a walk on freshman last year, and last I heard was a contender for starter at Free Safety. As far as weight and home towns, I didn't get to crazy, but use it for yours if you want to! I also toned down Hillis to be more of a traditional fullback (even though he is not) so that we didn't have a A- offense. With Mcfadden I just use him to lead block anyway.

Feal free anyone, to use this for Arkansas, I think it is pretty accurate as far as player, and positions. The only thing I might change is taking a few of the Defensive takcles and using those to CAP a Quarterback, and put Logan back in at Wideout, but logan is not even on the Depth Chart at WR, so who knows?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Arkplayerpositions.zip (1.92 MB, 7 views)

Last edited by Chazzilla; 07-28-2006 at 11:02 AM.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:05 AM   #54
Rookie

ThaFranchise_10's Arena

Yeah I didn't want to use Wes Murphy, but we needed another CB after moving Grant to FS so I had to edit someone and since Murphy was the worst TE and is going to ge gone after the first year, I chose him to create Shedrick Johnson.

That's the only real problem I had with my rosters, but something needed to be done and I figured that most people won't use Wes Murphy and the computer would probably rearrange the depth chart to not use him in a dynasty.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:36 AM   #55
Pro

Chazzilla's Arena

This brings up a good point. So many people on this board are against ratings increases or decreases in a roster file, but Arkansas is the perfect example. If you don't increase and decrease the ratings of a few players then the depth chart won't be right, and if the depth chart isn't right what is the point of all the work of inputing names and such as to try to make the team as "Real" as possible. One reason I decided to edit ratings around a bit. Anyway, just had to get that off my chest. Do some of the ratings on my Arkansas team need to go down a little. Yes, probably, but at the same tome some need to stay right were they are at, as to fix the depth chart stuff. They have Winston starting at TE and he is last on the Depth chart, and they jsut got them swapped, and if they swapped stuff on Arkansas then they probably swapped stuff on more teams too. When I Play a team in my Dynasty it would be nice to play as close a replica of the real team as I could, and I thought that was the point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2006, 03:38 PM   #56
MVP

FAM CEO's Arena

OVR: 10

Red, Any possiblity to a third version?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »