Home

XSATA or Transfer Kit?

This is a discussion on XSATA or Transfer Kit? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2007, 10:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
XSATA or Transfer Kit?

Hey guys, I already have a XSATA and just the thoughts of finding a file and then transferring it to my 360 through xplorer360 scares me. I have done it before, but i remember it being just a big pain. So, my question is, is the transfer kit a bit easier to use? If so I am gonna go ahead and get that and get rid of this disgusting blue light on my 360-- if i can get it off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: XSATA or Transfer Kit?

I would also like to know if the Datel transfer kit is better than the XSATA because I'm thinking about getting one of these. I'm thinking the Datel transfer kit might be better, but I have nothing to base that off other than the Xplorer 360 has had some troubles in the past.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:43 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

and adding a file to your 360 through xplorer360 is like adding a random registry number to ure windows registry, its very strange and unfriendly, while the transfer kit is more like stick this file on the memory card and then just copy it from memory card to the hard drive. It is a few extra steps, but in the end the transfer kit takes a little less hassle and the same amount of time i'm thinking.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:14 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

i foolishly bought a XSATA yesterday for the sole purpose of getting named rosters onto my 360. I now realize that i should have bought the Datel product seeing as how roughly 8 people in the USA own the XSATA. The previous post mentioned something about adding windows registry when transfering a file...and just plugging my laptop into the XSATA brought up some odd folders on my 360 hard drive(partitions and other nonsense)

So, what I'm asking is pretty simple. Could someone with experience with the XSATA and Xplorer 360 PLEASE respond to this thread with a tutorial on how to transfer the roster file from my computer to my 360.

Thanks,
Jerricho Cotchery
Old 07-18-2007, 05:25 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

To all asking for XSATA tips, I posted a lengthy write-up on FK's site, will be happy to copy it over here once his site is up...

For the most part XSATA and Xplorer are much more powerful, but harder to use. The Datel kit and more specifically the Xchange software makes memory card images, not individual files
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »