Home

Roster Request... (kinda long, had to rant a little, sorry)

This is a discussion on Roster Request... (kinda long, had to rant a little, sorry) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Roster Request... (kinda long, had to rant a little, sorry)

Okay. I'm new. So that's out of the way. Now, here's the scoop: I'm tired of "next-gen" NCAA Football. Sick and freakin tired. NCAA 10 has much improved on field gameplay, although there is still a myriad of on-field problems, but everything else is crap. The main thing that is pissing me off is the dynasty mode. I'm a dynasty guy. Forget online and all the cheesers, forget all that mascot game, Season Showdown crap, Yellow Brick Road to the Wizard of Oz Erin Andrews mode and all that bullsh!t. I want to coach my team. We all know of the progression problems. The rosters are terrible, of course. You can't create a coach. You can't customize your playbook. You can't do all kinds of stuff that you used to be able to do. This is all well known.

So, the other day I just decided that I'd had enough. I cut my PS3 off, threw my copies of NCAA 09 and 10 (I had went back to 09 for a few days in a futile attempt to have fun) in the bottom of my closet, and pulled out my PS2. I decided to get about 5 bucks and go down to the mall and try to find NCAA Football 2004, the Holy Grail of college football games. I was all amped up, I couldn't wait. Then I got to thinking. My team is Louisville (we suck, it's the coach, that's all I'll say on that). I couldn't wait for NCAA 10 because I wanted to use a properly rated Victor Anderson. If I got 2004, I wouldn't be using Victor Anderson, I'd be using Gates and Shelton. I wanna schedule Florida and try to decapitate Tim Tebow. I'd be sacking, what, Rex Grossman if I went and got 2004. F that. I want to play current college football, but I want to play it on an older, better version of NCAA. I decided that the only way to do this would be to edit the rosters of every team and create every player by myself on 2004. I could do it, sure, but NCAA Football 11 would be out by the time I got done. So I gave up and grudingly pulled 09 back out (10 gets no play in my house).

Then, I got on here the other day and was reading an article about the "5 BEST EA SPORTS NHL GAMES" or whatever, and it first made me think, "Hmmmm, I've always thought 2004 was the best version of college football, but I never really heard anyone else's opinion. I wish they'd do an article on that..." But the main thing that caught my eye had to do with "NHL 94." The guy that wrote the article said that there was a website made by some guys who played NHL 94 with up to date rosters and whatnot. Of course, a light went off in my head. I immediately began to wonder if anybody did this with any of the old, last gen NCAA football games. I couldn't imagine anything more fun then playing one of the old NCAA Footballs with all those excellent features, and being able to do it with the current rosters. I was giddy. So I got on google and started searching, but I came up empty. Nothing.

So. After all that, here's my question: has anybody ever done anything like this? Would anybody be interested in doing it? To be honest, if I can't get any help, I'll probably end up just buying 2004 and breaking out my new Phil Steele mag and just editing all the rosters myself to where they'll at least closely resemble the current rosters. Then I'll be able to play a decent dynasty. But I figured I'd see if I could get any help first. Like, say somebody did this like last year for NCAA Football 2006, it'd be easier to translate those rosters because there would be a lot of players still around and I would only have to change their ratings.

So yeah, if anybody can tell me anything or point me towards somebody that could help me out, I'd be grateful. Thanks in advance. If not then I guess I'll just fire up my PS2 and start making my new game: NCAA Football 2004: Version 2010.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 06:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Roster Request... (kinda long, had to rant a little, sorry)

Okay, I guess nobody else thought this was a cool idea except for me, so it looks like I'm on my own. In case any lurker cares, I decided to get 07 instead of 2004 because of the improvements that I had completely forgotten about, notably the spring game and all the extra practice drills and such (you know, all that stuff that should have been on the "next gen" versions long ago).

I usually spend all kinds of time with my dynasty during the first half a year or so, and then my enthusiasm wanes around early spring. So I just figured that, since had I not had this idea I wouldn't have been playing ANY college football anyway, I'll just use that normal time frame (now to early spring) to meticulously recreate every team on NCAA 07. Then I'll play one looooong dynasty when I finish and just wait for NCAA 11 to drop.

So yeah, one more thing, if anybody decides that they would want to try this just for a temporary change of scenery (since the NCAA 10 dynasty is so crap, and the 09 dynasty is missins soooo many features), then just hit me up on here. I've got like 30 old memory cards, won't hurt me any to just copy my finished roster onto one of 'em and ship it to you. There doesn't seem to be any interest at all, but you never know.

Later.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:49 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: Roster Request... (kinda long, had to rant a little, sorry)

First of all. You wouldnt be playing a legit CFB game anyway. Edited rosters dont mean crap if you have guys that are playing in the teams old system. For example, Florida was not a spread option team in 2004 with Rex Grossman at QB. They ran a pro-style like offense. So UF wouldnt be able to utalize Tim Tebow is the correct way. I think you'd just end up hating NCAA even more if you do that. I know I couldnt even stand to see something like that. Anothere example is Michigan. Tate Forcier and Denard Robinson in Lloyd Carr's system? Really? Come on! You must be kidding yourself.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »