Home

No Flash Drive Support (PS3)?

This is a discussion on No Flash Drive Support (PS3)? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2009, 05:16 PM   #1
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
No Flash Drive Support (PS3)?

That's a dealbreaker, ladies.

As someone who can't connect his PS3 to PSN, pretty much my favorite feature for the console is the ability to download rosters and stuff off the internet, throw them on my flash, and copy them to my PS3. I can't begin to explain how convenient this is.

So i've been watching College Football all day and I got the itch to go buy NCAA 10. Luckily I did research first and found out that I can't get updated rosters anymore because it's Locker or bust.

Am I the only one who's kept their 60 bucks because of this needless restriction?

(The answer to your question is that I accidentally bought a banned PS3 off craigslist, and Sony Tech Support told me they wouldn't unban it)
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 03:59 AM   #2
Rookie

ThaReaper09's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: No Flash Drive Support (PS3)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
That's a dealbreaker, ladies.

As someone who can't connect his PS3 to PSN, pretty much my favorite feature for the console is the ability to download rosters and stuff off the internet, throw them on my flash, and copy them to my PS3. I can't begin to explain how convenient this is.

So i've been watching College Football all day and I got the itch to go buy NCAA 10. Luckily I did research first and found out that I can't get updated rosters anymore because it's Locker or bust.

Am I the only one who's kept their 60 bucks because of this needless restriction?

(The answer to your question is that I accidentally bought a banned PS3 off craigslist, and Sony Tech Support told me they wouldn't unban it)
Another reason to buy the PS2 version
Old 11-06-2009, 08:25 AM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

The restriction isn't from EA though. It's a Sony restriction which blocks the copying and transfer of files to prevent Trophy cheating. It does suck though.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:42 PM   #4
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
The restriction isn't from EA though. It's a Sony restriction which blocks the copying and transfer of files to prevent Trophy cheating. It does suck though.
How would the ability to transfer roster files enable trophy cheating though? I can transfer roster files with my flash drive for Madden, 2k10, and The Show and that all seems to work well. Heck, Sony makes The Show.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
How would the ability to transfer roster files enable trophy cheating though? I can transfer roster files with my flash drive for Madden, 2k10, and The Show and that all seems to work well. Heck, Sony makes The Show.
You are right. Roster files shouldn't do anything but Sony just locked every save file to do this. This had been discussed initially and I'm pretty sure it was a Sony thing. The EA rep was surprised to learn about it being blocked. Either way it sucks for you that you can't do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2009, 01:22 AM   #6
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21

Sorry but this has nothing to do with Sony, as it is exactly the same on the 360... This is all EA sports.. another restriction put on the user.. Thanks EA, you just saved me some money.. LOL...

XBox One GT: rawdog805

Twitch: dufflebag_ran

Steam: rawdog805
Old 11-15-2009, 04:32 PM   #7
Rookie

ThaReaper09's Arena

OVR: 6

Not sure if this helps, but I know if you have some data (i.e. rosters), you must delete you file first, then transfer. happened to me when doing PES 2010. I had to delete my edit data because it said it was another user file.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »