Home

Names only roster for Ps3?

This is a discussion on Names only roster for Ps3? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2010, 09:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Names only roster for Ps3?

First off, pleaseeeee let me stress how much respect I have for Block-O, Gatorbait and MZizzle, aswell as all of the other roster makers on all of the platforms. I myself used to do NCAA rosters with my friends back on the Ps2, long before EA Locker was around, and I also did an MLB 10 The Show Prospect file with about 300 total prospects, big league edits, etc. this year.. so I know what a time consuming and, often times, thankless job it really is.

But here is my question: Is there anyone at all on the Ps3 doing a NAMES ONLY roster file?

I know I'm in the minority, but as a hardcore, online only player who doesn't touch online dynasty, offline dynasty, or even just offline ranked matches with a buddy right beside me.. any other edits such as position switches, uniform numbers, skin color all get reset everytime I enter an online game anyways. And it becomes an even bigger issue when this happens...

- EA leaves off Martez Wilson of Illinois.
- WR #87 Joe Schmoe gets kicked off of Illinois in real life.
- Block-O and the guys realize it makes perfect sense to use WR #87's character and turn him into Martez Wilson. (Which for 99% of the NCAA community that is true and unbelievably helpful)
- Unfortunately I fall into the other 1% and when I go online and use or face Illinois in an online ranked game, suddenly a 5'10 white WR #87 with the name Martez Wilson is running all over the field.

I haven't seen much regarding Ps3 rosters other than the Block-O, Gatorbait and MZizzle thread. So just looking for a final answer on whether anyone else was possibly doing a names only Ps3 roster. Or if I will either A. Need to do it myself, or B. Use the Block-O file and just make a mental note everytime I notice something in an online game that didn't switch over properly and then immediately go offline and fix it once the game is finished.

Thanks for any answers or help in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2010, 10:15 AM   #2
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Names only roster for Ps3?

Block-O's roster is basically a names only roster with number and missing player, such as transfers, edit.
"There are enough flaws with this game (NCAA 10) as it is w/o people believing that the game will rape your girlfriend, knock up your mom and steal your identity before jumping out the window screaming..."Season Showdown Rules, Bitchesssssssss!"
- DonohoFlnkr
Old 07-11-2010, 10:44 AM   #3
Rookie

From reading his thread it seems like his rosters are amazing.. it's actually missing players, though, that I think may cause someone like me the most trouble.

Example: He finds a 4th string RG who was kicked off the team anyways to create Robert Marve for Purdue. For 99% of the gamers he has just killed two birds with one stone, he's added Robert Marve, who EA left off, and removed a guy that EA has on the game who isn't actually on the team in real life. Unfortunately for me, when I go online everything other than the name will reset and I still won't have Robert Marve at QB yet now when I'm setting my depth chart I'll see a 300 lb RG named Robert Marve which is just kind of annoying you know? I guess it's kind of a minor thing, and maybe being in such a small minority (hardcore online player) I just need to take one for the team this year.

It's unfortunate that the perfect roster for an online player would just be someone going in and identifying who EA intended each player to be, whether he has switched positions or been kicked off the team in real life or whatever, and giving that person his real life name. Just the absolute bare minimum. Guys like Block-O actually do such a good job with their rosters that it ironically ends up hurting the hardcore online player. Kind of funny when you think about it like that.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:26 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 31

Marve would be a big part missing from Purdue. 90% of the roster we make will work well online. I think our rosters are best used for dynasty and OD.

In OD everyone uses the roster that the commish uses.

Last edited by buckeye02; 07-11-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:21 PM   #5
Rookie

Yeah, it sounds like with no "perfect" name only option for me, your rosters are far and away the second best option. Like I said, I completely understand I'm in the minority here, being an online ranked game only player. So I fully understand why you put the detail you do into your roster set. Anyone who plays offline games, dynasty, or even online dynasty is probably soooo grateful for all of the corrections/additions you make, on top of the thousands of names you have to enter. I think I'll be downloading yours and then each time I come across an obvious example of where you used an unimportant player to correct an EA mistake, that unfortunately gets overwritten in online ranked games, I can make a note of it and then instantly go offline and fix it once the game ends. I like the sound of 90% satisfaction, especially considering the rosters aren't even geared towards an online player like myself. 90% isn't bad at all. Can't wait for your set, man. Definately sounds like you're one of the best the Ps3 has to offer.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »