Home

My Husker Ratings Edits

This is a discussion on My Husker Ratings Edits within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2010, 01:21 AM   #9
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: My Husker Ratings Edits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reazo
Ha I wouldn't think a CU fan would think burkhead is overrated after what he did to you guys last year.
...and CU put up over 400+ yards of offense on that great Nebraska defense. Does that mean CU is under rated? Nope. Honestly though, I think he is a good RB, but I don't know about an 85 as a sophomore. Does 349 yards, and 4.3 ypc really generate a 85 overall? Helu is a beast though for sure.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 07-17-2010, 01:37 AM   #10
Husker Power

Spooky's Arena

OVR: 8

Yeah I can upload it. My PSN name is clydebruckman. It'll be up by morning. I'm going to edit some of the positions too, and i'll put a list here of what I change. I've already changed a few names, and increased LaVonte David's rating while decreasing Will Compton, just as a teaser.

cparrish- I haven't checked out CU's ratings yet, but if Nebraska's is any indicator, I can imagine it would take some work too. My thing is, I just edited Nebraska so they made more sense in the universe of EA's messed up rating. The other option is to re-edit everyone in the game lower to what is more realistic, but thats a much bigger project. Burkhead is rated about right, IMO.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:01 AM   #11
Rookie

Reazo's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
...and CU put up over 400+ yards of offense on that great Nebraska defense. Does that mean CU is under rated? Nope. Honestly though, I think he is a good RB, but I don't know about an 85 as a sophomore. Does 349 yards, and 4.3 ypc really generate a 85 overall? Helu is a beast though for sure.
when helu is healthy he is a beast but he is rarely healthy and burkhead missed 5 games.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 03:22 AM   #12
Husker Power

Spooky's Arena

OVR: 8

Okay, here are the rest of the edits I've decided to make. Your thoughts?

Running Backs

Code:
Roy Helu Jr. 

Was:

OVR  SPD  STR  AGI  ACC  AWR  BTK  TRK  ELU  BCV  STF  SPN  JUK  CAR  CTH  INJ
 93   88   76   93   93   93   88   80   85   88   80   83   86   90   72   88

Now:

93   90   73   94   93   91   86   76   90   91   77    87   89   90   70   82

Rex Burkhead

Was:

88   90   68   88   82   78   88   88   83   85   86   70   77   85   65   89

Now:

88   88   78   89   82   78   89   90   79   87   86   70   77   85   65   85
I wanted to keep them with the same OVR ratings, but change the type of back they were. I bumped up Roy's speed and agility stuff a bit, and made Burkhead more of a power style back, like he is. The other RB's looked pretty good as-is to me. Braylon Heard may not qualify, so we may have to remove him altogether.

Wide Receivers

Code:
Niles Paul

Was:

OVR  SPD  STR  AGI  ACC  BTK  ELU  SPN  JUK  CTH  SCH  CIT  RTR  JMP
 87   90   62   91   90   75   80   83   86   84   78   63   80   84

Now:

OVR  SPD  STR  AGI  ACC  BTK  ELU  SPN  JUK  CTH  SCH  CIT  RTR  JMP
 90   92   72   91   90   78   83   83   86   87   81   68   84   84
I wanted to make Paul a little faster, and reveal his power as a main component to his game. He's a big guy who can go up and get it, and is just a powerful overall player. I didn't really have a problem with any other WR, although I thought Khiry Cooper was a tad fast (94 SPD) so that's something to watch.

Offensive Line

A few changes had to be made from Buckeye's original roster. Marcel Jones was moved to RT. Mike Smith was moved from LT to C (he'll either end up at C or G this year, im guessing C). Jacob Hickman was changed into Jeremiah Sirles and moved to RT. Andrew Rodriguez was moved from RT to LT (this isn't a real life move yet, but I'm guessing thats where he'll end up). Mike Moudy was moved from LT to LG.

Code:
Andrew Rodriguez

Was:

OVR  STR  AWR  PBL  RBL  IBL  RBS  RBF  PBS  PBF  
 74   84   40   80   83   80   82   83   75   76

Now:

OVR  STR  AWR  PBL  RBL  IBL  RBS  RBF  PBS  PBF  
 80   89   69   83   83   80   82   83   80   80
Andrew Rodriguez is a 5* prospect, and deserved an 80, based on what other top prospects on the Bama's and Texas' have been rated. I don't have any qualms with the rest of the O-line, Mike Smith gets a nice auto jump moving to C, and I think thats about right, he's gonna be a beast there this year.

Defensive Line

I'm pretty much happy with the factory DE and DT settings. Crick has the potential to maybe be a mid-90's guy, but I want to see him alone, without Suh, for a couple games before I change my own ratings on him. 92 seems fair based on his production last year, and pro potential for now. Baker might be a little high at 87 based on his production so far, but again, this is a 5* star recruit, and deserves some rating based on potential too.

Linebackers

A change first, I changed LOLB Joseph Camarata into Micah Kreikmeier.

Code:
Will Compton

Was:

OVR  SPD  STR  AGI  ACC  AWR  TAK  HPR  BSH  PUR  PRG  MCV  ZCV
 87   81   83   82   92   80   85   88   85   80   85   66   68

Now:

83   79   83   81   86   75   83   85   82   80   82   66   68

LaVonte David

Was:

76   83   73   77   65   65   81   80   84   75   74   67   73

Now:

85   85   76   82   81   71   87   86   89   82   81   67   74

Matthew May

Was:

85   84   74   86   92   71   84   82   80   86   84   71   79

Now:

81   82   71   85   88   67   80   79   80   86   84   71   76
Some of the most drastic changes I made were right here. First, Compton. He's a good player, but not as good as the Nate Irving's and Chike Amajoyi's that he was rated up with. He's still got room to grow as a Soph. LaVonte David was my biggest change, I felt he was way too low, coming in as a top juco who is game-ready and looking to probably start and make an impact in the fall. I'll probably start him in my dynasty over....Matt May. I like Matt May, but he was a tad overrated on here.

All in all, I think I've improved Nebraska's ratings, in relation to players ratings in the rest of the game.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:47 AM   #13
Rookie

Makaveli1421's Arena

OVR: 2

I didn't do rating changes as much as this but I updated the roster to the best I could. It is on the latest CcAaRrSsOoNn3 360 file...
Old 07-17-2010, 07:36 AM   #14
Rookie

Cdog923's Arena

OVR: 1

Good job on the edits. I always go through and re-edit the Huskers after the rosters come out.There are a couple of things that I would change thought. I laughed out loud when I saw that Lee was faster than C. Green with the default rosters, but Green is faster than a 78. I would keep his acceleration lower, but put his speed up around an 83. I would also keep his awareness a bit higher as well; he did start 2 games last year, and that experience will be valuable this year. I keep his trucking a bit higher as well too; he's a big QB, and isn't afraid of contact. In comparison, that might make me alter Martinez as well: he's more agile and quicker than Lee or Green.. but I think Martinez's biggest attribute is his acceleration, which I'd maybe put at a 92/93.

Excellent comment on Amukamara. He really got short-changed on the DR. I think Crick did as well; he's going to be a monster this year. I raised him up to a 95, mostly improving his pass-rushing skills. I didn't play around with David much yet, though. I'm going to wait and see what he's doing through Fall camp and the first few games before changing his ratings.

Did you add any other freshmen to the roster? I changed a couple players, put Quincy Enunwa and Kenny Bell in the WR corp, and created OL Nick Ash. It sucks that our roster is already at 69 players; there are a few more freshmen that need to be on the roster.

Overally, a great job with the alterations. I'm going to look through my roster and make some changes.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:38 AM   #15
Rookie

Cdog923's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
I actually made the same changes to my Nebraska's roster too. QB's are WAY too highly rated, so I dropped them to all 82, and I increased Henry's rating to a 96. I thought Burkhead was rated too high, but I don't know enough about him to change any of his ratings. Good reasoning on increasing the two CB's though, I will do the same to mine too. Overall, how did Nebraska's roster turn out? I know Colorado's is an absolute mess; the have a ton of players and wrong positions, and the four of the top six CB's, aren't even on the game.

PS: I am bummed this is the last year to see Nebraska the day after Thanksgiving

I'm going to miss the CU games as well. No matter how down either team was, they were always a war. But chin up, you guys had the same good sense to get off the Texas 12 ship at the same time we did.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 11:19 AM   #16
Rookie

Makaveli1421's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdog923
Good job on the edits. I always go through and re-edit the Huskers after the rosters come out.There are a couple of things that I would change thought. I laughed out loud when I saw that Lee was faster than C. Green with the default rosters, but Green is faster than a 78. I would keep his acceleration lower, but put his speed up around an 83. I would also keep his awareness a bit higher as well; he did start 2 games last year, and that experience will be valuable this year. I keep his trucking a bit higher as well too; he's a big QB, and isn't afraid of contact. In comparison, that might make me alter Martinez as well: he's more agile and quicker than Lee or Green.. but I think Martinez's biggest attribute is his acceleration, which I'd maybe put at a 92/93.

Excellent comment on Amukamara. He really got short-changed on the DR. I think Crick did as well; he's going to be a monster this year. I raised him up to a 95, mostly improving his pass-rushing skills. I didn't play around with David much yet, though. I'm going to wait and see what he's doing through Fall camp and the first few games before changing his ratings.

Did you add any other freshmen to the roster? I changed a couple players, put Quincy Enunwa and Kenny Bell in the WR corp, and created OL Nick Ash. It sucks that our roster is already at 69 players; there are a few more freshmen that need to be on the roster.

Overally, a great job with the alterations. I'm going to look through my roster and make some changes.
For my own personal game (they told me to alter ratings as you little as possible) I moved all our QB's down:

Lee- 84
Green- 82
Martinez-80

Just because they all weren't deserving of the ratings they had. Haven't shown it yet. I did alter Green's speed and did TMart's acceleration just like you (odd?). Raised Prince's overall as well. I took out the scrub LB's and made Jay Guy, Kenny Bell, Dijon Washington. And then I attempted making the "Peso" defense- man that shi-zit was hard!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »