Home

Seriously, is the player editor some kind of sick joke?

This is a discussion on Seriously, is the player editor some kind of sick joke? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 20
Seriously, is the player editor some kind of sick joke?

Craig Roh is a DE/LB for Michigan.

Here is a picture of him:

And here he is in NCAA 11 at his default weight of 249:

A bit beefy, no? So I harmlessly attempt to make him skinnier.

After messing with the sliders, changing his position, basically everything I could think of, I went ahead and started to lower his weight.

Well ....

Here he is at 160 pounds, and with the arm size slider at zero:

And just for fun, here's what he looks like at 400 pounds:

Like I posted in one of the wishlist threads, I'm not trying to do perfectionist edits here; I'm just trying to do stuff like, you know, give one guy skinnier arms, give another guy beefier legs, and so on; yet from where I'm sitting, little tweaks like this are literally impossible.

And of course there's this bizarre-o issue where sometimes the sliders when put to 100 make arms/legs bigger, sometimes moving them to zero makes them bigger, and so on.

Why doesn't the editor just give full range? Is this some kind of half-assed attempt at "realism"? Something legal with player likeness?

It's not exactly something I can't overlook, but what in the world is going on here?

I know none of you guys really know the "answer" here, but I just had to get this off my chest. Maybe Adam or whoever can chime in, but seriously, why even bother giving us the editor if this is how it's gonna work?

Sorry for the rant. Thanks for reading.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 05:54 PM   #2
Banned

JJ_Bills9's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Seriously, is the player editor some kind of sick joke?

For some positions, setting the arm size slider at zero gives them bigger arms. I believe O-linemen and DE's are in this category.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:02 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 20

^ The first and third pics have the arm-size slider at 100, the second one has it at zero. The point is the edits are doing almost nothing. The 160-lb dude is almost indistinguishable from the 400-lb dude, and the arms are ridiculous in all three given my entire objective was to give him skinnier arms.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:20 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Yeah the player sizes are position specific again....

What I"ve always done is make DE's less than 250 lbs and they usually shrink down in size simply changing their weight....

If that doesn't work i'll then look at the small OLB or TE's and use their body build to fit my DE's...

It's always worked for me when creating Terrell Suggs, Jason Taylor or Simeon Rice type DE's on my files

You just have to keep messing with it for awhile

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-21-2010, 06:37 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Yeah the player sizes are position specific again....

What I"ve always done is make DE's less than 250 lbs and they usually shrink down in size simply changing their weight....

If that doesn't work i'll then look at the small OLB or TE's and use their body build to fit my DE's...

It's always worked for me when creating Terrell Suggs, Jason Taylor or Simeon Rice type DE's on my files

You just have to keep messing with it for awhile
Funny...I thought I was the only one
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 07:32 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 25

LOL....I feel ya....I edited the RB for TAMU and now all 3 of them have arms the size of a 12 yr old and HUGE shoulder pads....Had to delete the roster i spend 2 hours on...They looked RE-diculous.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:59 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
Craig Roh is a DE/LB for Michigan.

Here is a picture of him:

And here he is in NCAA 11 at his default weight of 249:

A bit beefy, no? So I harmlessly attempt to make him skinnier.

After messing with the sliders, changing his position, basically everything I could think of, I went ahead and started to lower his weight.

Well ....

Here he is at 160 pounds, and with the arm size slider at zero:

And just for fun, here's what he looks like at 400 pounds:

Like I posted in one of the wishlist threads, I'm not trying to do perfectionist edits here; I'm just trying to do stuff like, you know, give one guy skinnier arms, give another guy beefier legs, and so on; yet from where I'm sitting, little tweaks like this are literally impossible.

And of course there's this bizarre-o issue where sometimes the sliders when put to 100 make arms/legs bigger, sometimes moving them to zero makes them bigger, and so on.

Why doesn't the editor just give full range? Is this some kind of half-assed attempt at "realism"? Something legal with player likeness?

It's not exactly something I can't overlook, but what in the world is going on here?

I know none of you guys really know the "answer" here, but I just had to get this off my chest. Maybe Adam or whoever can chime in, but seriously, why even bother giving us the editor if this is how it's gonna work?

Sorry for the rant. Thanks for reading.
LOL. I know, it's frustrating. EA needs to step back and realize that these are college athletes. They are not all bodybuilders and cut out of their minds... I wish there was a "muscle tone" option, because no matter how hard you try with some guys, their arms are just huge and there is nothing that you can do to tone them down. It's been like this for a while and people have complained about it, but EA hasn't heard us yet I guess.

Your post is a perfect example on why EA needs to finally take a look at this because it really is getting ridiculous.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:23 AM   #8
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Good post.

I want Madden and NCAA to keep the body build sliders.

But what both series really need is an option to choose a body type for a player, just like NFL 2K5 did.

That way, you can make a TE with the archetypal body of a HB or SS; or make a QB with the archetypal body of a LB.

So many players in both games just look wrong, and the sliders alone aren't enough to fix it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »