Home

Worst Default Roster in NCAA12

This is a discussion on Worst Default Roster in NCAA12 within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
Rookie

Wnahikian's Arena

OVR: 2
Worst Default Roster in NCAA12

As a Michigan State fan, I think NCAA did a decent job. Yes they missed big time on Worthy, Gholston and Lippett (possibly 3 of our most important players this year). But other than that, I do not have many complaints.

Which roster do you think EA screwed up the most and why?

As a huge follower of the B1G I think they overrated Michigan to the extreme: Giving 3 players on possibly one of the worst defenses in the nation a rating of 89 or above is unbelievable. Even Michigan fans can agree that Kovacs is not an 89. Ill give Denard the 91, and even disregard his accuracy problems in real life because he is a great player. But possibly the worst part of this roster is the kicker Seth Broekhuizen being an 82! Michigan stopped taking field goals late in the season because their kickers were so bad.

Note: I am not a ***** (hate) of Michigan although I go to the rival school, I give credit where credit is due. I have talked to many Michigan fans and they have tended to agree with my opinion on this.

What does everyone else think?

Last edited by Wnahikian; 07-14-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 06:45 PM   #2
Rookie

GoBucks93's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Worst Default Roster in NCAA12

I haven't looked too far in the teams but one obvious annoyance is Pryor on Ohio State's roster. Unless you change/download a roster, you have to deal with him being a serious Heisman threat your first year.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:00 PM   #3
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

EA didn't screw up any rosters because none of the players in the game are modeled after real life players.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:04 PM   #4
Rookie

Aph0ticShield's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
EA didn't screw up any rosters because none of the players in the game are modeled after real life players.
And I am Barack Obama.

EA has everything from height and weight, to numbers and depth charts for players. To say that they aren't modeled after real life players is a joke.

BYU is messed up pretty bad every year, but I don't blame EA. BYU has the most unpredictable roster and depth chart every year due to religion aspects.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:05 PM   #5
Rookie

Wnahikian's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I said teams, which they are modeled after real TEAMS. Michigan, Wisconsin, Michigan State are all real teams. And on these teams are players, which make the teams... So EA screwed up something on many of these teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 07:10 PM   #6
Rookie

Legally EA Sports is not allowed to use player likenesses of college athletes. Teams have numbers. Those numbers may even "randomly" fall into a certain position for a certain team. There are "players" missing because they aren't in the game. There are roster problems because they can't put accurate rosters and full player likenesses into the game or they would get sued and we would no longer have NCAA 12.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:13 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

well, they overrate michigan every year. this isn't new.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:16 PM   #8
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Just trying to save you guys from a ban. Might want to consider reading the posting guidelines on the regular board.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-posting.html

- NO COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE ROSTERS
The rosters aren't real. #21 for Oregon is NOT LAMICHAEL JAMES. If a player in the game resembles a real life player, so be it. But I no longer want to see "Why does so and so have dreads? EA Sucks!" because it's not the player. It is a generic representation of an NCAA athlete. THIS WILL BE A BANNABLE OFFENSE.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »