Home

Do You Care Who Does The Names?

This is a discussion on Do You Care Who Does The Names? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 05:24 AM   #17
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Do You Care Who Does The Names?

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
And if someone puts out the same roster set, who loses? Anybody who is in the know will know that it is Luv's roster and anybody who doesn't won't care. They're just here to get the roster. I think an attitude of sharing and helping is more constructive than "this is mine, you can't have it".

The OOTP community has been doing roster sets for years and there is almost no talk of anyone stealing someone else's rosters. Everyone understands that their roster may be used by someone else and they just ask that you credit them if you make edits. You get way more accomplished in that scenario.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=495823
Old 07-20-2011, 05:25 AM   #18
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
Glad these are done so all the drama can finally stop...

After the release, the "corrections" thread filled up pretty fast, as people who are fans of a certain team obviously noticed errors to their team quicker than the normal college football fan would...

With that being said, I think this should SPEAK LOUDLY to the OS Community that WE NEED A PS3 COMMUNITY ROSTER for NCAA 13!!!

The OS 360 Community had their file released a couple days ago, and basically it was full of people who were fans of certain teams posting their teams errors. I was wondering from DAY 1 why the PS3 did not have something like that? Are we all too lazy? Do we really need to sit around and wait for someone to do something for us?

So, again, this is me OFFICIALLY REQUESTING some type of OS COMMUNITY ROSTER PROJECT for next year's NCAA 13... Lets make it happen boys...
THANK YOU! This is what I'm looking for. Ideas for a solution. I don't care who, what, where or how. All I know is it could be done easier and better (again, not taking anything away from buck/gator)

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 07-20-2011, 05:28 AM   #19
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

Quote:
So why are you so concerned? Others have already agreed but do you just want to be right? Do you have some personal investment in the rosters being less than they can and harder on the makers than they can be?

Also, who says nobody can be swayed? Nobody thought we could put a man on the mood before we did it. This seems a hell of a lot easier. LOL
Dude, YOU were the one who got your thread locked up and just had to have people see your rebuttal by starting a new thread. And when did I say "nobody can be swayed"? You're putting words in my mouth--something you recently accused a mod of doing. Go ahead and ask luv, gator, and buckeye about doing a file together. Yeah...let me know how that works out because nobody's doing it as well as they do. Geez.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:30 AM   #20
Pro

majesty95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
But who is policing that? Nobody. LOL. Maybe he makes a few bucks (I question that nowadays) but who cares. The real police don't so why should we. Just make the best rosters you can. If you're always worried that someone will steal something from you, then you probably shouldn't leave the house or your car unattended. That's life. I'm looking for solutions to making the best rosters, not hiding from what "might" happen.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:33 AM   #21
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

Some people prefer to work alone (luv) or in a small group (buckeye and gate) to get things done. And some people are patient enough to let people do what they want and wait until they are done. Get your little community together and I'll take my one man wrecking crew of luvtotha9s...funny how one man's is going to be better (and he's not going to join that little community).

You want the solution to making the best rosters? Here...

...luvtotha9s.

There ya go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 05:34 AM   #22
Pro

majesty95's Arena

Quote:
And when did I say "nobody can be swayed"? You're putting words in my mouth
Am I? LOL.

Quote:
Let people do what they want to do--you aren't going to influence all these guys to work together so give it up. Seriously.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:36 AM   #23
Pro

majesty95's Arena

You know jd, it is people like you that contribute to getting threads locked. Have you ever considered that? You are not contributing to the topic of the thread and drawing me offsides and trying to argue. If you do not, agree, fine. State that and move on. Let's see opinions of others. Maybe we can find a better way of doing things. That is far more likely if we aren't cluttering the thread with all this needless bickering.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:41 AM   #24
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

Quote:
Am I? LOL.
I didn't say "nobody can be swayed"; I said you weren't going to influence all these guys--meaning luv, buckeye, and gator--to work together.

Here is the bottom line: you pm me with some mess, then you wanna talk like this in front of everybody. You can just wait and be patient with these rosters which you aren't doing because you're coming up with other plans or you can get your own community together which is not going to include three of the best roster makers we got on PS3. You can go on about your roster business as far as I'm concerned because I was trying to help YOU out.

And when did I contribute to a thread being locked? You did that all by yourself. Funny how I started out trying to help you out. Stop with the holier than thou act to--drawing you offsides. You may be sabotaging your own thread because consider this: you ask a question in the title, but you don't like the answer OF people caring who does the names. Consider that--seriously. Why ask a question if you don't like the other answer?

Last edited by jd@os; 07-20-2011 at 05:46 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »