Home

Are named rosters the cause for freezing?

This is a discussion on Are named rosters the cause for freezing? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
Rookie

MathisJones's Arena

OVR: 0

First of all, thank you to everybody who has contributed to making the rosters so perfect.

Unfortunately, it seems as if we are all having troubles with freezing. I know there are a few freezing threads out there, but I think the named rosters are causing the problem. I had freezes in 4 straight games after downloading CcAaRrSsOoNn3's rosters (which sucks terribly because that roster file is spectacular). Then I deleted that file, went with default, & have not had trouble since.

I know others have tried this, but I'm wondering how many ... and if it's not just a few isolated instances. Also, I'm wondering if there are gamers who have rosters who have NOT had problems with freezing.

Thanks for any input. This game has been frustrating to say the least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Are named rosters the cause for freezing?

I have named rosters and have not experienced any freezing. I have downloaded from gamingtailgate and bEz_10 on PS3.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

It's not the fact they added the names its the fact that their database files are getting corrupted because of Autosave. Sometimes the game is freezing up and stuff during autosaves and database files get currupted. Happens with Dynasty saves and roster saves. Though with Dyansty saves you may not realize the file is corrupt until later on down the road when it starts to freeze up your game from time to time.

There are a lot of threads on this and many are super long but thats about the gist of what I have gathered from reading as much as I can stand to spend the time reading....

Some have said turning off autosave helps. Some guys have said that when players DC from them in online games the game will autosave the roster and corrupt it too.

I have one have used named rosters in my Dynasty and so far at year 3 I have not had 1 lockup in it. Its a pretty annoying bug that devs have even asked help for on this board to fix.

Last edited by SGMRock; 07-24-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:24 PM   #4
Rookie

MathisJones's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
It's not the fact they added the names its the fact that their database files are getting corrupted because of Autosave. Sometimes the game is freezing up and stuff during autosaves and database files get currupted. Happens with Dynasty saves and roster saves. Though with Dyansty saves you may not realize the file is corrupt until later on down the road when it starts to freeze up your game from time to time.

There are a lot of threads on this and many are super long but thats about the gist of what I have gathered from reading as much as I can stand to spend the time reading....

Some have said turning off autosave helps. Some guys have said that when players DC from them in online games the game will autosave the roster and corrupt it too.

I have one have used named rosters in my Dynasty and so far at year 3 I have not had 1 lockup in it. Its a pretty annoying bug that devs have even asked help for on this board to fix.
Ok, so downloading a corrupted file is going to cause freezing. Also, file corruptions happen if freezing occurs during an Autosaves. Really short, that's the idea, right?

That's good to know, & it makes sense. I actually turned off autosave right away.

Are there any non-corrupted rosters out there for 360 that anybody would like to share or know of? Pretty please?

Thanks again everybody!
Old 07-24-2011, 03:58 PM   #5
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

i hope his i not the case because if I cant play an offline dynasty with the community rosters for me its "whats the point?" this is why i buy this game to use REAL rosters and play offline...anybody on 360 that uses the community rosters should post here if they either do or do not have the freezing problems it would be much appreciated..HELP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 11:56 PM   #6
Rookie

It's not that the rosters you are downloading are corrupted, you download the files and then they become corrupted. I downloaded roster from Fairdale Kings and they worked fine until yesterday when autosave got stuck. i had to turn off my xbox in the middle of the autosave, which caused the file to be corrupted. Therefore it wouldn't even let my game get past the please wait screen until I deleted them since they loaded at startup. It's kind of a guessing game as to what you need to delete so stop the freezing glitch. And I'm going to try turning off autosave to see if I can prevent any other files from becoming corrupted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »