Home

NCAA12 Roster File for Madden12 Draft Class Purpose

This is a discussion on NCAA12 Roster File for Madden12 Draft Class Purpose within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA12 Roster File for Madden12 Draft Class Purpose

Could you tell me the faces that will show up with dreads in Madden please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparis

For example, some big name players (Andrew Luck, Matt Barkley, etc.) always have lineman/fat faces when they're imported to madden.

I also noticed Justin Blackmon had long dreadlocks when imported to madden. I know all of the faces that will have dreadlocks for importing to madden if you want them. (Note: They won't appear with dreadlocks always in the cpu generated player picture, but will have them in game.)

For example, if you want a player to have long dreads in madden and his skin type is Dark 1-32, you'd use Dark 32. There are several other combinations and short dreads also, someone posted them last year and I saved them.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #50
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Is it possible to get Rosters without having to pay for them and without owning NCAA 12? Can I download to a usb drive so I can export it to madden 12 for Franchise purposes? Any help is appreciate.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:42 AM   #51
Rookie

tchrstn10's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herky
I feel your pain. The last two years I tried to tweak NCAA rosters people did for draft classes and it never was realistic. Draft classes worked on PS2 and XBOX, but on the 360 and PS3 it's a nightmare. You never get realistic results across the board. Some guys you just can't ever get into the 1st round.
Just a thought but go into madden dynasty controlling all 32 teams try to set it up as realistic to the real season as you can but if you don't feel like doing that much work just sim it then you have complete say over who gets drafted where.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2011, 02:02 PM   #52
Rookie

This is simply the best thread that is on this board right now...more people should be filling up this thread with their thoughts and opinions...Great read and info guys!!
Old 12-02-2011, 10:07 AM   #53
Rookie

fhs2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards
I am currently working on improving the roster file I used to create my draft classes, and while I had some amazing results, they can definitely use some tweaking and fine-tuning, especially to make them easier for people to use to generate realistic draft classes. My draft classes have produced an 86 A potential Andrew Luck, 85 A potential Marcus Lattimore, and so forth, but I'm currently working on having each class have a balanced amount of 80ish players at each position (my 2012 class had no 1st round off. linemen or receivers even though Jeffery and Blackmon were 98 rated, so need to decrease ratings at other positions like DE and DT that had way too many 1st rounders).

Update 10/19!
2012 is complete!
It is in my EA Locker on Xbox360, gamertag: Robcards

Some notes about what I did:
1. Made every FB 80 or under, every TE 90 or under, every K and P 85 and under, this ensures more realistic drafting so you don't get 1st round FBs, Ks or Ps or 4 TEs taken in the 1st round.
2. Made every player expected to leave in 2012 SR(RS), 2013 JR(RS), and so on (although I got lazy after WRs, it isn't complete for later years) this is because the CPU will randomly redshirt guys even if they are studs like Aaron Murray or Tyler Bray, so instead of getting them in 2013 like you should you get them in 2014 or even 2015.
3. Converted some DTs to DE for 3-4 NFL teams, some DEs to OLB for 3-4 teams, and made some DTs bigger to play NT in the NFL. Some examples are Kheeston Randall DT to DE, Devin Taylor DE to OLB, and made Worthy and Chapman 325 instead of 310 (and adjusted their str and speed for the weight gain)
4. The ratings are based on lots of trial and error and getting the most guys in the proper round projections. A 99 rated guy does NOT necessarily translate to a top5 pick in Madden. Some guys even at 99 won't go in the 1st round for whatever reason. So before you look at my ratings and say "Psh! Barkley isn't as good as Luck!" and lower him, please don't. I had to make Barkley insanely good in NCAA because even as high as 97 he'd go in the 4th round.

PLEASE READ BEFORE MAKING A DRAFT CLASS WITH THESE:

1. I made some of the 4-3 DEs into 3-4 OLBs, I personally play as the Jets in Madden and am sick of having to convert to a 4-3 every time. So now there are some 4-3 DTs converted to 3-4 DEs, 4-3 DEs into 3-4 OLBs, and I made d-linemen bigger across the board for the most part (like Chapman and Worthy from 310 to 325). So if you're looking for say Devin Taylor in DE position, he's in OLB (I would love for the Jets to draft him as a OLB to replace Bryan Thomas, just an example). You can always swap positions post-draft in Madden, this is just to make it easier and make it so 3-4 teams have options.

2. DO NOT LET ANYONE LEAVE EARLY EVER! There are several reasons for this. First and foremost, someone who leaves early replaces someone who is a senior, they aren't added they are replacing. I've seen Barkley not be in a draft class because of this, so just don't let ANYONE leave early. I also made some true sophomores that are probably coming out in 2013 redshirt juniors to make sure that they do, so your class would be unrealistic as those players CAN'T come out in 2012.

3. How do you not let anyone leave early you might ask? Sim your season to 'End of bowl season' NOT 'end of season' then save a copy of your dynasty in a 2nd file. Sim to 'players leaving' and go to view 'all teams' and write down all of the players leaving early. Open the copy you saved at end of bowl season, go to 'Edit Roster' and lower the ratings of EVERYONE you wrote down so that they are sub 80 (don't lower them too much as they might get cut and most of these guys are people you want in 2013 or 2014 draft classes, try to get it to right at 79) then SAVE OVER THE COPY AT PLAYERS LEAVING. I like to save over both files just to be safe, because once you don't do this step, you're stuck with whatever class you have. Rinse and repeat until NO ONE leaves early (if a kicker or something leaves early but no important positions, I'll proceed and call it a day heh)

4. This part is as important as the rest. In Madden, when it comes time to import. Save your franchise at the end of preseason, before you say advance to regular season and import. You don't need to save a copy as Madden won't auto-save after you import a draft class. Import the class and then go to Scouting, make sure it looks good (I usuaully shoot for 28 out of 32 1st rounders actually being 1st rounders, and Luck, Richardson, and Barkley all 1st round). Last time it took me 3 tries but I got 30 out of 32 projected 1st rounds in real life projected 1st in the game.

I haven't completely worked on underclassmen yet, although I did do some work on it. QBs, HBs, and WRs should be all set though. And I started converting some of the underclassmen from 4-3 players to 3-4 players as well.

PS- I hope this goes without saying, but don't play with these rosters, they're for exporting draft classes only.
Please robcards, post here the ratings you made your players and what's the formula you are using.
I tried kryata rosters for ps3, but they are horrid. I had a mst realistic before.
Itīs difficult because are players who are always first rounders, like Northwestern DE Vincent Browne, And player like laMichael James, Matt Barkley and Robert Griffin never are 1st rounders, only sometimes, but the majority of the time they remain at 4th to 7th round prospects.
I need help, please, Claiborn is another example, always 3rd rounder or less.
Help me someone, i need a better clas for ps3, thanks.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #54
Rookie

Goofybub23's Arena

Hey, I downloaded this roster to get a draft class and simmed to players leaving and a lot of nfl draft seniors just say graduating? Will they still be in the class? Just wondering!
Old 12-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #55
Rookie

Is there any way to use these on a PS3?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2012, 01:14 AM   #56
Banned

Is this still being worked on or is it good to go?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »