Home

No Draft Classes for NCAA 13?

This is a discussion on No Draft Classes for NCAA 13? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2012, 01:36 AM   #9
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: No Draft Classes for NCAA 13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherman24
That's what I was getting at...RTG became Superstar (although it sucked) in Madden. I didn't see that option and now it was confirmed when I finished a dynasty and did a search here. Last year it wouldn't even put your draft class with the correct names (if I recall) it was all generated names. I just don't get how features are removed or features that worked a year or two ago don't work anymore. It seems like you get a roster update and uniform updates and not much else anymore. I'm not starting an argument, but since this is the only football option, I'd like to get what I am paying for and what is advertised.
What I'm saying is that you've NEVER been able to take a Draft Class from 'Road to Glory'. That has never been an option in any NCAA game. You've always been taken to Madden by yourself, there has never been a "class". You're added in with that years Draft. In Madden 12, you were added in the Madden 12 Class.. in Madden 11, you were added to the Madden 11 Class, etc etc.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 08-02-2012, 03:35 AM   #10
Banned

Maelstrom's Arena

OVR: 7

That’s why I am not buying either game this year (Madden, nor NCAA). I am doing just fine with NCAA 12, & Madden 12. At least I can export & import players.

However, if they bring it back, the Madden developers should create the ability to imports RTG players at the END of each season. In fact, they could create an entire draft file that includes the RTG player along with the rest of the graduating/leaving early players, then add that to the draft & let your RTG player go through the draft with all of the other imported players.

Plus, how about allowing us the option of adding a RTG player at any point in a franchise?

For example, you play RTG from high school, then go to college for four years. Meanwhile, you play a Madden dynasty & in year six, when your player is eligible for the draft, you can import your RTG player & convert your dynasty into a NFL Superstar mode. Basically, it would make it more realistic, if you choose that option. Of course, the option to import a RTG player & start right away could be added.

The other RTG option I would like to see in the NCAA series is the option to leave for the draft early (after three years). Plus the option to red-shirt, which brings me to another issue; it’s WAY TOO EASY to win a starting spot in RTG. It should be more difficult to unseat the starter, especially when you are a freshman, who is rated on the low 70s & the starter is an impact player rated in the 90s.

You could spend a season playing on special teams & practicing until you get to starting caliber. You could even redshirt & only practice for the first year, if you think you have no chance to start.

Also, RTG glory players never have serious injuries that keep them out an extended period of time. How about adding that feature, & allowing for medical redshirts, if a player plays less than a certain percentage of games.

Medical redshirts would be a good option for dynasty mode, as well.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #11
Rookie

kcharles520's Arena

OVR: 2

Unbelievable! I should have really done my research before buying this game last week.

I pretty much just assumed you'd be able to import players into madden because it has ALWAYS been a feature, for like years now.

It really sucks too, because NCAA 13 is a WAY better game than NCAA 12...they fixed basically all the nasty bugs. EA can just never get it right, can they? *sigh*
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »