Home

New roster file based on Luv's roster (UPDATED AS SEASON PROGRESSES)

This is a discussion on New roster file based on Luv's roster (UPDATED AS SEASON PROGRESSES) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2012, 01:12 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New roster file based on Luv's roster (UPDATED AS SEASON PROGRESSES)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoon politikon
Condolences accepted. Now continue with the your infantile attempt to justify your actions. Carry on children.....
You're just pissed that you actually bought the roster and now someone has it out there for free. And the fact that you are "allowing" us to carry on makes you an accomplice. Have fun going to jail with us when they catch us for stealing his roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 01:17 AM   #42
MVP

bhrangerfan0809's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoon politikon
Condolences accepted. Now continue with the your infantile attempt to justify your actions. Carry on children.....
Let's consider this:
NCAA Football 13 is $60

Think about all of the features, development, and software that EA pours into this game. Dynasty mode, Heisman challenge, the actual gameplay interface, etc.

That's $60.

Now, consider what Luvtotha9s is doing: Selling a roster set for $25. EA created the roster feature. EA created all of the players that Luv went through and slightly edited (when you consider all of the equipment and ratings that go untouched after luv edits them). The roster feature may be about 20% of the game to some people (if you count gameplay as a separate feature created by EA, which it is, and is the main reason people play the game). So EA created much more (much much much much more) in the roster area than Luv ever did. EA created the structure on which Luv could create rosters. And yet EA's roster feature isn't a great big feature in the game. I could only imagine it would be about 10% of the total game (maybe). So that's $6 of the retail price that should be credited to rosters. Luv sells edited versions of EA's work for 4x that price...and I'm the one that's stealing work, even though I don't gain anything by posting my edited version of his work on this website?
Old 09-05-2012, 01:18 AM   #43
Rookie

you people need to stop getting mad at eachother and lets get these rosters good. damn all they are our rosters thats it whats the big deal.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:21 AM   #44
MVP

bhrangerfan0809's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by msy1000
you people need to stop getting mad at eachother and lets get these rosters good. damn all they are our rosters thats it whats the big deal.
If you haven't already, please download the file and see if anything out of the teams I've edited needs to be changed. Thanks!
Old 09-05-2012, 01:25 AM   #45
Banned

bodank82's Arena

OVR: 3

Jail for this seriously? Does he sell these in a legit business paying taxes for these sales along with trademarking his edited rosters? It he was charging maybe 10 bucks it wouldn't be such a big deal, but getting away with selling them for 25. I'm glad this leaked. I figured it would happen eventually. I'm sure we'll find some things wrong with this roster too. I remember last year he offered version 1 for free, but charged for the ones afterward. This is sort of like that now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 01:29 AM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodank82
Jail for this seriously?
That was part of the joke after he said we were stealing the rosters.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:41 AM   #47
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhrangerfan0809
Let's consider this:
NCAA Football 13 is $60

Think about all of the features, development, and software that EA pours into this game. Dynasty mode, Heisman challenge, the actual gameplay interface, etc.

That's $60.

Now, consider what Luvtotha9s is doing: Selling a roster set for $25. EA created the roster feature. EA created all of the players that Luv went through and slightly edited (when you consider all of the equipment and ratings that go untouched after luv edits them). The roster feature may be about 20% of the game to some people (if you count gameplay as a separate feature created by EA, which it is, and is the main reason people play the game). So EA created much more (much much much much more) in the roster area than Luv ever did. EA created the structure on which Luv could create rosters. And yet EA's roster feature isn't a great big feature in the game. I could only imagine it would be about 10% of the total game (maybe). So that's $6 of the retail price that should be credited to rosters. Luv sells edited versions of EA's work for 4x that price...and I'm the one that's stealing work, even though I don't gain anything by posting my edited version of his work on this website?
Do you really think any of us would be playing without the rosters edited? C'mon man! If you think spending 10 hour days making edits is a "slight change" then you're sorely mistaken. What it comes down to is that Luv asked people not to distribute the rosters and someone decided that they could care less. Yes, its only a set of rosters for a video game which in the grand scheme of things is minimal. However, any way you want to rationalize your actions, its disrespectful. Why didn't you take the community rosters and edit those? Those rosters are a very good base to work from.

Luv usually posts a free set sometime during the year and I was confident that WAS going to happen sometime soon.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:41 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 11
It was common knowledge that luv was selling rosters this year.

Editing someone's rosters is one thing if for your own personal use. Editing them and passing them on to others even though you give credit to luv is stealing because you don't have his permission.

I understand why he is charging. I don't agree with him charging. However, he charges the same amount as most companies I see out there that charge.

Before you say I am an insider, I am not one. I don't have luvs roster this year, and I am not a big fan of his rosters. In years past they have been the most extensive rosters out there. The big problem I had with them was he tends to overrate the lower teams.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »