Home

New NCAA13 360 Roster Based Upon Tommycoa's 30-Years Roster

This is a discussion on New NCAA13 360 Roster Based Upon Tommycoa's 30-Years Roster within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
New NCAA13 360 Roster Based Upon Tommycoa's 30-Years Roster

I downloaded Tommycoa's "30-Years" Roster on May 5, 2013. I liked the work Tommy has done to create all-time teams, so I wanted to use his Roster as a baseline for a new experiment.

Initially, I set all User and CPU Settings to 5, with all Penalties set to 50. Then, I began to play Coach Games with Difficulty set to Heisman. As expected, player performance was very poor at these initial settings of 5. My next step was to used Xan's Editor to begin to make changes to Tommy's player ratings. My objectives were to create realistic running and passing games and to have both Offense and Defense be dominant at times.

Over the last several days, I have played a number of games, matching Alabama against other top-rated teams. I have experienced some interesting results, including 3 straight shutouts by Alabama and a last-play loss at Washington. All games have been decided by less than 7 points. I have seen new animations on both Offense and Defense. I have achieved a satisfactory level of unpredictability as the game unfolds. Statistics are suitable for my game play style.

I have uploaded my version of Tommy's file into my EA Locker (ArtD01). I have also attached a Zipped spreadsheet showing the Mass edits I have made to the Player Ratings and showing the Settings I am using.

I would be interested in comments from all who download and use this modified version of Tommy's Roster. Many thanks to Tommy for the work he has done to create the "30-Years" Roster.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TCoaker0505Mod1_Updated 5-10-13Zip.zip (6.8 KB, 64 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2013, 05:04 AM   #2
MVP

Re: New NCAA13 360 Roster Based Upon Tommycoa's 30-Years Roster

Really like what you did with my roster set. My favorite thing about this set with its sliders is how unpredictable the special teams gameplay is. Haven't played but one game but the special teams play was some of the most interesting thing I've seen in this game in years. This aspect makes it feel like a completely different game. Good work.

I really think you are own to something.

I noticed other things as well. Like you mentioned with the animations. It was just the fact of the special teams being so different it was hard for me to pay attention to anything else.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Really like what you did with my roster set. My favorite thing about this set with its sliders is how unpredictable the special teams gameplay is. Haven't played but one game but the special teams play was some of the most interesting thing I've seen in this game in years. This aspect makes it feel like a completely different game. Good work.

I really think you are own to something.

I noticed other things as well. Like you mentioned with the animations. It was just the fact of the special teams being so different it was hard for me to pay attention to anything else.
Yes, an especially gratifying result of my edits has been Special Teams play. In 5 games, I have had a Punt Return for a TD, several long Punt Returns, a couple of long Kick Returns and a Kick Return for a TD. The other happy result for me as been a great improvement in the running game for both CPU and User. However, not all runs go for positive yardage - the defenses are also effective in stopping the run at times.

I have also reduced the impact of the "Aggressive Coverage" glitch in Hesiman. Receivers get open on deep routes, but do not always catch the ball.

I'm probably going to experiment next with the rating "PCAR" (Carrying) to see if I can create just a few more fumbles, without having too many.

One interesting glitch I have noticed occurs on most "Toss" running plays. After receiving the pitch, the RB takes a step, then momentarily stops, then starts again. Unfortunately, when the RB stops, the Defense has time to close, resulting in a 2-4 yard loss. This glitch does not occur on Sweep plays, just on Toss plays.

Seeing this glitch demonstrates the complexity of the game software and the unpredictable results from making major changes to elements of the game. People frequently bash EA for not finding what they consider to be obvious mistakes, but in reality, the complexity and interactivity of all the variables in this software would make it very difficult to test all of the multitudes of combinations to find and fix glitches. And, it is likely that fixing one glitch might introduce another glitch somewhere else. I would much rather have the editing flexibility, glitches included, than to have a bullet-proof game that only plays one way.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #4
MVP

When I first started the Iron Bowl I was concerned about the running game being over effective. Both teams ran the ball with ease on the first possession. But after that it became slug fest. Ended regulation tied at 24. Got into a shootout in OT. I honestly felt like Extra Points were not a given.Several kicks were nearly blocked. Game ended with Bama winning 58-56 ( i believe,it was late as hell when I was playing.)

The game was epic. As it should be. The Ultimate Iron Bowl.

A couple of Highlights:

Bo Jackson 38-197 4 TDs (3 in OT)

David Palmer scored 10 points. 6 on a 90 yard KR and 4 on 2 pt conversions where I inserted him at QB. Both of those were in OT.

Only problems I really seen:
Play action pass was hard to pull off
Too many dropped passes.
40 yard + field goals seemed impossible. Especially in game with no wind.

One more question:
How does Awareness affect kickers/punts. Maybe by drastically dropping the awareness more kicks/punts could be blocked.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:06 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
When I first started the Iron Bowl I was concerned about the running game being over effective. Both teams ran the ball with ease on the first possession. But after that it became slug fest. Ended regulation tied at 24. Got into a shootout in OT. I honestly felt like Extra Points were not a given.Several kicks were nearly blocked. Game ended with Bama winning 58-56 ( i believe,it was late as hell when I was playing.)

The game was epic. As it should be. The Ultimate Iron Bowl.

A couple of Highlights:

Bo Jackson 38-197 4 TDs (3 in OT)

David Palmer scored 10 points. 6 on a 90 yard KR and 4 on 2 pt conversions where I inserted him at QB. Both of those were in OT.

Only problems I really seen:
Play action pass was hard to pull off
Too many dropped passes.
40 yard + field goals seemed impossible. Especially in game with no wind.

One more question:
How does Awareness affect kickers/punts. Maybe by drastically dropping the awareness more kicks/punts could be blocked.
Dropped passes can be reduced by increasing WR Catching Slider. Rather than focusing on dropped passes, take a look at overall completion percentages at the end of the game and decide whether or not you like them.

Ditto for Field Goals. Adjust FG Accuracy and FG Power to get the FG results you want. I like the increased uncertainty.

All of these adjustments are interactive in the sense that changing certain characteristics will affect more than one area of performance by a player. Example: Reducing speed for OLB, CB, & MLB probably helps the running game, but also helps the passing game. So, Receivers get open more often, but then if they drop a few passes, it may balance out.

Re Kicker/Punter Awareness: Good question. I have not adjusted Awareness for Kickers or Punters. I'm going to adjust them both up and down to see what happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #6
MVP

"Re Kicker/Punter Awareness: Good question. I have not adjusted Awareness for Kickers or Punters. I'm going to adjust them both up and down to see what happens."

Keep me updated. Be sure to hit me up when you figure it out.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #7
Rookie

The_Gaming_Disciple's Arena

OVR: 8

Do your edited rosters work with PS3?
Old 05-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gaming_Disciple
Do your edited rosters work with PS3?
PS3 and 360 data bases are non-compatible. This Roster is a 360 Roster, so it will not work with a PS3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »