Home

NCAA Dynasty Editor V1

This is a discussion on NCAA Dynasty Editor V1 within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2020, 12:10 AM   #785
Pro

parent22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Dynasty Editor V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguitarhero7
Hey so I'll answer the above questions and then explain the current problem I can't seem to solve. I am only using XBOX 360, Horizon & Modio 3 with EA DB Editor. No teambuilders, no dynasty, no created coach.

I am able to load a roster file into Generic EA DB Editor by using the fix mentioned in a post about having only EA DB and NCalc in the same folder.
The issue now is that every time I try to load the roster file on my XBOX 360, it states that the "file is damaged." Below are the steps I have taken multiple times with no luck. I have tried this mostly in Horizon (steps below) but also in Modio 3 and no luck either way.

Instructions For Editing NCAA Roster Files Using the EA DB Editor - Horizon
1.Copied Roster File from XBOX 360 Hard Drive onto Flash Drive formatted for the 360.

2. Loaded Flash Drive into Computer. Opened Horizon, Selected "Tools" and "Device Explorer." Extracted roster to folder on desktop and left the device explorer visible.

3. In Horizon, opened "Package Manager," clicked open and selected roster file from desktop.

4. In Package Manager, clicked on Content and extracted file in Package Manager to same desktop folder and added .MC02 extension at the end of roster name.

5. Ran Generic EA DB Editor and made minor edits (updating impact players for teams).

6. After edits, Selected File - Save as to overwrite and save over the modified roster.mc02 file.

7. In Horizon, used Package Manager in Contents mode, selected the original file and right-clicked to replace with the new file and clicked "rehash and resign."

8. In Package Manager, used Save to Device to save to flash drive.

9. Removed flash drive safely and transferred files successfully to XBOX 360.

--Yet every time I try to load the roster file in the game, I receive the message that the file is damaged and unable to open.

There seems to be some time of issue with the file either being corrupted or not formatting correctly once it saves out of Generic EA DB Editor and then trying to transfer back into the XBOX 360.
When I attempted using the unedited file, it loaded perfectly back into the game. But the edited file from EA DB Editor will never load after multiple attempts.
I tried keeping the file in database file format, mc02 format, and just the generic file format (original) before replacing the original in Horizon and nothing will work.

I'm at a total loss lol. Any help you can provide I would greatly appreciate at this point.
Thanks.
I seem to have a problem with transferring offline files as well, so it's not really my expertise but I'll try to help. Upon first glance I see that ur adding .MC02 to the file when you shouldn't. That's only for PS3 users. And in the EA DB Editor once ur done making your edits just hit File>Save.

You could also try to attach your file here to see if I can identify the problem from there, but that's probably a last resort. Also do you have HxD? Try to look at your original file and your edited file in the HxD hex editor and try to see if there are any differences. Usually will be in the first few lines or so. If you notice any differences in the original file copy the different lines of hex and then paste over those lines in the edited file. Then load back up on your Xbox 360.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions and let me know your results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2020, 12:11 PM   #786
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by parent22
I seem to have a problem with transferring offline files as well, so it's not really my expertise but I'll try to help. Upon first glance I see that ur adding .MC02 to the file when you shouldn't. That's only for PS3 users. And in the EA DB Editor once ur done making your edits just hit File>Save.

You could also try to attach your file here to see if I can identify the problem from there, but that's probably a last resort. Also do you have HxD? Try to look at your original file and your edited file in the HxD hex editor and try to see if there are any differences. Usually will be in the first few lines or so. If you notice any differences in the original file copy the different lines of hex and then paste over those lines in the edited file. Then load back up on your Xbox 360.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions and let me know your results.
Mmm I dunno about this, I have only used 360 and I have to add the mc02 otherwise the editor gives me an error saying that it isn't a mc02 file. Tons of tutorials told me i shouldn't have to but I definitely have to add the extension

To OP- can you explain your step 6 from above? I honestly dont understand what you're saying you do here and it doesnt seem like a step ive ever had to do. You can just go file > save and should be fine. You shouldn't have to over write anything. (Unless you're importing csv files)

I'm all for sharing the files you're having problems with

Also the dynasty editor never worked for me, however I use the generic editor with xans dynasty config along with the unis and the pocket scout configs
In this case the lasagna restaurant started selling candy to kids and that became the best revenue stream so they’ve let the lasagna get worse and focused on becoming a candy store. The problem is this restaurant bought the rights to make lasagna so if we want lasagna we can only go to this place.

Last edited by Rondo is GOD; 07-23-2020 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-23-2020, 02:48 PM   #787
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo is GOD
Mmm I dunno about this, I have only used 360 and I have to add the mc02 otherwise the editor gives me an error saying that it isn't a mc02 file. Tons of tutorials told me i shouldn't have to but I definitely have to add the extension

To OP- can you explain your step 6 from above? I honestly dont understand what you're saying you do here and it doesnt seem like a step ive ever had to do. You can just go file > save and should be fine. You shouldn't have to over write anything. (Unless you're importing csv files)

I'm all for sharing the files you're having problems with

Also the dynasty editor never worked for me, however I use the generic editor with xans dynasty config along with the unis and the pocket scout configs
Hey guys, I was finally able to get the edited roster file to import correctly into my 360. I tried just using file - save and that worked. Thanks again for your help!
Old 07-23-2020, 04:27 PM   #788
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguitarhero7
Hey guys, I was finally able to get the edited roster file to import correctly into my 360. I tried just using file - save and that worked. Thanks again for your help!
Super glad to hear it!
In this case the lasagna restaurant started selling candy to kids and that became the best revenue stream so they’ve let the lasagna get worse and focused on becoming a candy store. The problem is this restaurant bought the rights to make lasagna so if we want lasagna we can only go to this place.
Old 08-18-2020, 07:50 PM   #789
Rookie

Help needed! So Bruteforce is not re encrypting my files. They are staying as a MC02 file. I have a PS3. I followed step by step the directions from the posts by Chase B here on operation sports for scheduling. A month ago the 2020 schedule would not load in NCAA dynasty editor. Now it does, but Bruteforce is not converting the file back. I have tried deleting everything and re downloading everything and that doesn't work either. Any ideas?
Old 08-21-2020, 02:15 AM   #790
Rookie

Icon4 Re: NCAA Dynasty Editor V1

Hey y'all. I'm on PS3 and I just finished Year 5 of my dynasty. I run the mjavon Dynamic Dynasty Tool each year for preseason adjustments. I'm about to go to the Signing Day phase of the offseason but my game keep freezes when I try to advance. I did happen to notice there were a couple of odd recruits who seemed off. Like this guy, who was unable to process any teams recruiting him:

I don't know what is happening and I'm a bit scared that I'll lose my dynasty file. Is there a tool to troubleshoot a file? Or things I should look for?

Last edited by gluke; 08-21-2020 at 08:53 AM.
Old 08-21-2020, 11:06 AM   #791
Pro

parent22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluke
Hey y'all. I'm on PS3 and I just finished Year 5 of my dynasty. I run the mjavon Dynamic Dynasty Tool each year for preseason adjustments. I'm about to go to the Signing Day phase of the offseason but my game keep freezes when I try to advance. I did happen to notice there were a couple of odd recruits who seemed off. Like this guy, who was unable to process any teams recruiting him:

I don't know what is happening and I'm a bit scared that I'll lose my dynasty file. Is there a tool to troubleshoot a file? Or things I should look for?
Do you have a backup file? If so, compare them side by side and painstakingly reset all of the recruits that ran thru mjavons dynamic dynasty tool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2020, 11:45 AM   #792
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by parent22
Do you have a backup file? If so, compare them side by side and painstakingly reset all of the recruits that ran thru mjavons dynamic dynasty tool.
Good point. I do have the exported recruit files that I used to put into mjavon's tool earlier in the season, so I could compare those to the current file.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »