Home

Until roster release, have fun with these!!

This is a discussion on Until roster release, have fun with these!! within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #9
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Until roster release, have fun with these!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
i have 1989-2007 Sporting News Plus a 2003 Phil Steele to be honest the 89-93 Sporting News Are not very roster friendly only a starting lineup plus about 20 extra players per team now the 1997-1998 Sporting News are a lot better a starting lineup plus Ht/wg for about 50 players on every team

i could do a 1997-1998 Roster but it would have to be 55 players not 70 for teams like Ga State i could replace them with 1-AA Teams Sporting news also had 1-AA Back then
Go for it!!! Any older rosters would be awesome, after 5 or 6 years in dynasty with current rosters I get a little bored. If you need help with the roster, fanbase.com has pretty detailed ones for any school.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:48 PM   #10
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

Just played a coach mode game with 66 Alabama vs. 69 Ole Miss. Heisman off/def with 9 min quarters. Great game and stats!!

Alabama 27
Ole Miss 17

Passing
Ala. Stabler 12-18 191yds 2td Oint
Miss Manning 17-24 198yds 2td 2int
Rushing
Ala. 41-206 1td
Miss. 25-88. 0td
Old 07-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 6
Smile Re: Until roster release, have fun with these!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicarl
I'm working on 100+ classic teams to have some fun with until the named rosters come out. Should have each schools best year before too long.

Team builder Id= OldschoolCarl
Teams completed=
1966 Michigan state
1976 Pitt Panthers
1968 Ohio State
1971 Nebraska
1972 USC
1972 NC State
1969 Penn State
1969 Texas
1973 Michigan
1966 Notre Dame
1966 Florida
1974 Oklahoma

I will update this last as I complete teams
1990 Colorado
1966 Alabama
1970 Stanford added 7/10
1969 Ole Miss added 7/10
1986 Miami added 7/10
Hey Carl--These are Great! Any update as to if you are planning to do the 1966 season? I think that would be special for all us old (ahem veteran) guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #12
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzoutiger
Hey Carl--These are Great! Any update as to if you are planning to do the 1966 season? I think that would be special for all us old (ahem veteran) guys.
I was wondering if you had seen this. I was hoping you might have some info on 69 Missouri, especially players numbers. I really want to do an older roster but it is so hard to get full rosters, thats why Im just doing some of the great teams from that era---much easier to find info on a schools best teams than teams that sucked. I may do it in the future if a can find the info though.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #13
Pro

Hi Carl,

I am no expert but 69 Missouri looks amazing! I just re-played the Orange Bowl against Penn State and this time we won---16-13 in Overtime.--But a super game played very realistic. The Penn state defense was relentless ( I could really appreciate the effectiveness of the tackles and linebackers) and I was fortunate to stop them on 4th and goal on 2 occasions.

The only adjustments I might suggest would be:

1) Henry Brown should be black.
2) In terms of our receivers --I would suggest:

A) John Henley had the best hands on the team--maybe a catch rating of "86". He would also have been very good at route running.

B) Mel Gray had good but not great hands --maybe a catch rating of "84"----His acceleration and agility are spot on --However he was the fastest player in college over 100 yards (A world class sprinter) --Probably raise his speed to 98 ---Definitely 3 or 4 better that Jon Staggers who was very fast himself.

Other than these few things I am insanely impressed by the accuracy of your ratings. Thanks for adding so much fun to the game, especially for those of us that remember the glories of the past.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #14
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzoutiger
Hi Carl,

I am no expert but 69 Missouri looks amazing! I just re-played the Orange Bowl against Penn State and this time we won---16-13 in Overtime.--But a super game played very realistic. The Penn state defense was relentless ( I could really appreciate the effectiveness of the tackles and linebackers) and I was fortunate to stop them on 4th and goal on 2 occasions.

The only adjustments I might suggest would be:

1) Henry Brown should be black.
2) In terms of our receivers --I would suggest:

A) John Henley had the best hands on the team--maybe a catch rating of "86". He would also have been very good at route running.

B) Mel Gray had good but not great hands --maybe a catch rating of "84"----His acceleration and agility are spot on --However he was the fastest player in college over 100 yards (A world class sprinter) --Probably raise his speed to 98 ---Definitely 3 or 4 better that Jon Staggers who was very fast himself.

Other than these few things I am insanely impressed by the accuracy of your ratings. Thanks for adding so much fun to the game, especially for those of us that remember the glories of the past.
Glad you liked them, but actually I hadnt finished Missouri yet. I had rated the offensive players but the defense was generic ratings. Just finished them up and adjusted the run/pass ratio. I did add a few to Henley's catch but didnt want his overall to get too high. As for Mel Gray, 95 is about my max speed. So he will still be one of the fastest guys on my teams. Glad youre enjoying the teams!!
Old 07-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #15
Pro

I understand Carl and I am sure you know best how speed works with your ratings. Once again I very much appreciate your work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 10:01 PM   #16
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicarl
Go for it!!! Any older rosters would be awesome, after 5 or 6 years in dynasty with current rosters I get a little bored. If you need help with the roster, fanbase.com has pretty detailed ones for any school.
thanks and for them teams not in 1-a yet i could create exrta 90's teams that u dont have

the bad news is this will take 3 months because i have to re-rate each player add the Head Coaches OC DC etc

when i am done i will make my own post detailed it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »