Home

any update on ncaa 14 os Xbox 360 rosters

This is a discussion on any update on ncaa 14 os Xbox 360 rosters within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 12:47 PM   #33
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: any update on ncaa 14 os Xbox 360 rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoo22
I just don't understand why a thread was needed to ask what has been asked 1000 times. If the title was what are the best rosters (which there is one) then I kind of understand.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
if the title of the community rosters was different i would understand. because there has been absolutely no community with these rosters unlike years past. i give props to anyone who does rosters but they should of used a different name if they were gonna handle it this way this year. im already in my dyansty for the year so no matter to me but I always enjoyed waiting for these and reading the depth charts and disscussions about them. guys got attacked for even trying to give updates to depth charts after game came out. i also do agree the original thread was outta control at a point filled with trolls but at least some communication would of been good. communication is always good.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #34
Rookie

TreyDobbs's Arena

OVR: 5

Whether this thread gets closed or not this was not a community effort. I volunteered to help numerous times only to get looked over numerous times. If you don't want the backlash it shouldn't have been as secretive as it was being named a COMMUNITY roster.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

Love the rosters, but this is the first year I started my OD without them....
Might as well release the roster the second week of fall camps now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #36
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabredj
Not to beat a dead horse (so let me go ahead and do just that), but I think most of us have the utmost respect for Carson and his team, as well as the mods here (I know I do). As a member of the community for years, I've seen the idiots that drive both roster builders and mods crazy, and they should be reprimanded harshly.

I think the issue that most of us have, is that Yukon, the PS3 community roster guys, and most others that have worked on rosters this year have kept the lines of communication open and been free to update in regular intervals. I'm not sure who decided on Carson's team not to handle it that way, but I think in comparison to the others out there, that's what creates all the frustration. It's as simple as that.
I think this is a fair point, and something I think a lot of the "OMG STOP ASKING" people are treating unfairly.

Here's the deal. I don't care how long it takes. I am not bothered at all to be in an OD waiting....

The problem is it's gotten to the point where, due to completely understandable and justifiable real life reasons, the rosters may be completely abandoned at this point and we have no idea. Is this a big deal? No. Will it ruin my day? No, of course not! But, it would be cool to get word on that so we can look elsewhere instead of continue to wait for the release of these world class rosters.

Are they OBLIGATED to tell us anything? No. Should we be afraid to ask? No. I just don't think so. It isn't disrespectful, it isn't rude. Almost every post in this thread has been civil and polite.

Honestly, when Carson said, last week, that he and the boys are on it, that was good enough for me. At that point my first thought was "Ok, probably this time next week (Thursday or Friday)." I wasn't even going to post in this thread, because I think we are close, but I just feel the need to voice my opinion that politely asking, IMO, is not a bad thing. I think some people, mostly OS Vet types, have a knee jerk reaction and immediately start targeting people but if you read all the posts, they aren't derogatory in the least bit toward Carson and his crew. Maybe I am super ignorant, but I just don't understand why this thread is bad, I really don't. NOTE: I am not saying Mods are bad and darn those mean Mods!!!! I am just saying my ignorance limits my ability to understand why it's bad to be curious about this, that's all. The mods are chosen for a reason and they have the power to decide which threads need to be on here and which threads don't, they've earned that right and I respect their decision. I've come to realize that these guys are just regular people, unpaid volunteers, giving their free time to make this place better. I appreciate it.

It should be noted, that after we did get an official update, all the questions/inquiries went away for, what, 4 days or so? It's not like people are just looking for a reason to bitch. Communication would quell these "issues" in a heartbeat. TAKE NOTE: I do NOT think, nor have I even IMPLIED that Carson and his crew are in the wrong or owe us anything. All I am saying, is I think a better way to handle the problem of these threads opening up every few days, instead of just having to close them and wait until the next one opens, would be a casual update from somebody, maybe not even someone no the team themselves but someone who knows, that the rosters are at least still in the shop. I'm not talking "X out of X teams, these specific changes" I am just talking about "Yup, still on it." It would go a long way. AGAIN, I am not saying that I personally have to have these updates and damn the world for not giving them to me. Not in the least bit. Like I said, Carson came on here, said they are still working for us, and that was enough for me. I am just saying that I understand why people are wondering what's up.

I do think it's a bad idea to mock the mods for closing other threads. If threads get closed, they get closed. That's a private discussion not something for the public forum.

EDIT:

Bottom line:

I don't feel entitled to anything. I don't feel any roster maker owes me anything at all. That's not what this is about, this is merely my suggestion to help alleviate the tension in the future

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

Last edited by The JareBear; 07-24-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:38 PM   #37
Rookie

Lonestar Outlaw's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhouston
This. I was literally about to post the same thing. This would be so much quicker and probably so much more accurate. The challenge lies in that now you have 126 different people you have to keep track of and find replacements if people aren't able to do it, but with how big the OS community is, I don't think this would be too difficult to do.
The community has a right to an update, unfortunately I don't think we will get one. I did Texas alone without touching the ratings and it took me all of 3 hours to do it. I could not imagine what Carson and company is going through because its a pain. I love reading everyone's thoughts and comments on different topics. I hate it when they close the thread for people asking questions that they rightfully deserve to have answered. I thought that was what this community was all about. I'm sure as a community we can figure out a way to chip in and maybe speed up the process next year. Im curious to see the ideas people come up with.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:38 PM   #38
Rookie

bb09red's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancavehawkeye
Please explain how Yukon's are "completely off"
Well for one people were trying to compare it to past community rosters, yet when you look past a few of the good teams, there are very few to 0 edits on anything. Granted that wasn't his goal, but still they are not as in depth. Pretty much all the non powerhouse teams have no changes in equipment or transfers or freshman or name/ skin corrections. They are the same as Pasta Padre's release. That's why we must wait.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:09 PM   #39
Pro

Geauxldenboy's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar Outlaw
The community has a right to an update, unfortunately I don't think we will get one. I did Texas alone without touching the ratings and it took me all of 3 hours to do it. I could not imagine what Carson and company is going through because its a pain. I love reading everyone's thoughts and comments on different topics. I hate it when they close the thread for people asking questions that they rightfully deserve to have answered. I thought that was what this community was all about. I'm sure as a community we can figure out a way to chip in and maybe speed up the process next year. Im curious to see the ideas people come up with.
I'm curious as well because every year there are people who think that they can do better yet few step up to the plate. Just like every year there are plenty of people who offer help but don't respond when you message them and say it's time to work. There is no monopoly here, ANYONE can start their own roster project at any given point. I have all the respect in the world for what Gap Integrity and CParrish are doing, starting from scratch this year. That's a major undertaking but I'm sure that they are up to the task.

The Community Roster name was used in the beginning because none of the guys working together knew each other and OS was the only thing that we had in common. It just kinda stuck after that first year. Again, no monopoly on this so if someone wants to get together and do the rosters and use the title "OS Community Rosters" more power to them. I will cheer you along and I'm sure Carson, CK, Sapp, AJ, etc. will as well.

As of two days ago the file was being worked on. I THINK they were in the 70's in terms of teams done. Not sure where they are now or what the expected date of release is but I'm sure when it gets really close you'll hear about it.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #40
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Guys, bashing the roster makers and the mods aren't going to get you anywhere. These guys work hard on these rosters and are trying to make as complete of a roster as possible for FREE, and you guys complain like you've given them cash to make these. I don't know about you, but rosters take a long, long time to edit, especially in NCAA with the high amount of teams and players.

I understand that ya'll want updates, but it doesn't warrant bashing these guys.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »