Home

Custom Playbook Question

This is a discussion on Custom Playbook Question within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2014, 10:41 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Custom Playbook Question

Is there a way to implement a Custom Playbook so that the CPU team will use it during a Play Now type of game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2014, 06:20 AM   #2
Banned

Soonerfan09's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Custom Playbook Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art01
Is there a way to implement a Custom Playbook so that the CPU team will use it during a Play Now type of game?
2 controller method is the one i use
Old 03-25-2014, 07:57 AM   #3
Pro

Thanks - I am aware that two controllers can be used. However, I want to evaluate the software logic affecting CPU's play call choices under some special circumstances which I can create via custom playbooks. To do so, I need for the CPU Team to play with my custom playbooks.

I'm wondering if it can be accomplished via the Editor.

Comments, Editor folks?
Old 03-25-2014, 06:53 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 3

When you say you've tried the 2 controller method, are you switching the 2nd controller back to CPU at kickoff? Should accomplish what you are trying to do.
I haven't tried it since, but in '13 I used the editor to assign CPBs to the CPU coaches, and in the team tab. No matter what I tried, the game would freeze at the loading screen.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:31 PM   #5
Banned

Soonerfan09's Arena

OVR: 2

while im not sure (likely just havnt figured out which tab) if we can assign custom playbooks via the editor, on ncaa12 with the editor i was able to give alabama air force's playbook and it worked in game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2014, 01:39 PM   #6
Pro

Thanks SoonerFan and SonofEd

Yes, I have learned that, if I use two controllers, I can assign custom playbooks to each team. Then, when I start the game, I can relinquish control for one or both teams to the CPU and the CPU will continue to use the custom playbooks assigned.

This process works perfectly for me at this point and is allowing me to continue to evaluate how the game's logic calls plays. I will be posting some observations on my findings in a separate new thread in the Rosters Forum.

I will not try to use the Editor to assign custom playbooks at this time, but it is good to know that it is likely possible to do so.

Thanks to both of you for your replies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »