Home

Editing Rosters Externally and Player OVR Ratings

This is a discussion on Editing Rosters Externally and Player OVR Ratings within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2014, 05:48 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Editing Rosters Externally and Player OVR Ratings

Here are my observations related to using the Editors to externally edit Roster ratings as related to the game's calculations of Player and Team OVR (Overall) Rating.

1. When player ratings are externally edited and then brought back into the game, the software does not re-calculate the Players' OVR ratings. The player's OVR rating will remain the same as before the external editing, unless you open the Roster in the in-game Edit Roster feature and change one or more ratings for a specific player. In this event, the software will recalculate the OVR rating for that player only. Unless you intend to open every player in the Roster and force an OVR recalculation, if you are using the Editor to make ratings changes, I recommend that you never make an in-game roster rating edit because editing just one or a few players will skew the OVR ratings for both those players and their respective teams.

2. For reasons which I don't yet understand, it appears that externally-edited players' OVR ratings are recalculated in the Depth Chart. However, you must beware of players' Depth Chart OVR ratings because they will vary for players playing out-of-position. A player's in-position and out-of-position OVR ratings will almost always be different. This difference appears to depend upon the relative weight of individual ratings as those individual ratings apply in importance to each position. Therefore, these differences are probably rational in concept, but can be an issue if a player gets into a game in an out-of-position situation (such as a CB going in as a FS).

3. Even though players' OVR ratings are not recalculated when editing externally, nevertheless Team Offense, Defense and OVR ratings do appear to reflect the editing changes made. Therefore, it is my opinion that Team ratings are calculated based upon either the Depth Chart OVR Player Ratings, or they are based upon the actual edited ratings. Unfortunately, the players' Depth Chart OVR ratings are not displayed in the DCHT Tab in the Roster (DCHT is visible in the Editor), so I cannot determine how the Teams' OVR ratings are actually calculated.

If anyone has additional insights into these issues, please post comments or send me a PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »