Home

Riko's roster ported to NCAA 05 gamecube

This is a discussion on Riko's roster ported to NCAA 05 gamecube within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2021, 02:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Riko's roster ported to NCAA 05 gamecube

Hey all,
I ported Riko's 2021 roster from here:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...g-classes.html
To gamecube!
I followed most of my steps from this thread:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ballidiot.html
And also used Antdroid's excellent spreadsheets and instructions from here:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-ps2-ncaa.html

The only catch is two teams, FIU and Florida Atlantic are missing players. I did re-order depth charts and was able to start a dynasty. I will look into those teams missing players. Porting this back over to PS2 shouldn't be hard either. Let me know how it works for you all.

Update on the missing players on FIU and FA, it doesn't seem to impact simming, except everyone who plays them scores like 87-0 or something like that . I am hopeful that as seasons progress walkons come on and so on. So as long as you don't schedule those teams it should be ok. I double checked antdroid's notes and don't think I made any mistakes but when I get a chance I'll go through the process again. For now - knock on wood - these should work fine for dynasty but let me know if you run into problems, just one person here .

Two exciting things about gamecube:
Dolphin is much less hardware intensive vs pcsx2. IE you can play on your flagship phone (s21 or so).
Texture modding is very easy in dolphin.

Thanks to all the roster makers, to antdroid, and everyone else keeping this gen of games alive!
Attached Files
File Type: zip 69-GCUE-GCUE-69RNCAA21.zip (363.0 KB, 149 views)

Last edited by H4wduk3n; 09-24-2021 at 05:32 PM. Reason: named the missing teams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2021, 09:58 PM   #2
Rookie

FleaKicker's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Riko's roster ported to NCAA 05 gamecube

I went through the links but I couldn't find the part where you modify a GCI file. Is this on a certain page in one of the links?
Old 09-24-2021, 02:44 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleaKicker
I went through the links but I couldn't find the part where you modify a GCI file. Is this on a certain page in one of the links?
For NCAA what you want to do is open the GCI file in a hex editor.
Then, look at the ASCII field and find the first instance of 'DB', this is where the database starts then scroll down and highlight starting with and including 'DB' all the way until you hit 00s. Save that to a new file in the hex editor (i think the total size is 0x730E0 for ncaa 05).
Now this new hex file is what you will edit in extreme DB editor like in the steps in the links.
When you're done, select everything in this new hex file and copy it back to the same locations in the GCI file and save.
Then open up the gci file in ncaa 05 via dolphin and you should be good to go.
Old 09-24-2021, 09:13 AM   #4
Rookie

Is the file you attached the actual updated roster file in GCI format?

I'm on a Mac, so I don't think I can access the hex editor.
Old 09-24-2021, 05:25 PM   #5
Rookie

The attached file is a gci file that should just slot into the dolphin memory card folder. Hex editors are general programs available on every platform - they can basically open any file and usually on one side you'll see a bunch of numbers (base 16) and on the right you'll see the programs attempt to show you what it would look like if it was all text. Much of it will look like garbage but you will clearly see 'DB'. Hope that helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2021, 08:51 PM   #6
Rookie

FleaKicker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4wduk3n
For NCAA what you want to do is open the GCI file in a hex editor.
Then, look at the ASCII field and find the first instance of 'DB', this is where the database starts then scroll down and highlight starting with and including 'DB' all the way until you hit 00s. Save that to a new file in the hex editor (i think the total size is 0x730E0 for ncaa 05).
Now this new hex file is what you will edit in extreme DB editor like in the steps in the links.
When you're done, select everything in this new hex file and copy it back to the same locations in the GCI file and save.
Then open up the gci file in ncaa 05 via dolphin and you should be good to go.
I tried saving the selection as a .db file and a blank file but I get an error when I try to open it in madden editor. Is this because its NCAA 03?

Last edited by FleaKicker; 09-24-2021 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-27-2021, 06:15 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleaKicker
I tried saving the selection as a .db file and a blank file but I get an error when I try to open it in madden editor. Is this because its NCAA 03?
Yeah so my fault. I missed a key step. You'll see ant droids ncaa 14 to ps2 porting guide in one of my links.
Well, once you get the db part out gci file via a hex editor, you then need to take whatever roster you want to put into the gamecube version and run it through his conversion as if you were doing so for ps2.
Then take the play table you get from that and import that into the db you got from your hex editor.
Then you can take all those hex contents and stick them back inside the gci file.
The reason for all this is even with the ps2 ncaa games, it isn't like madden in that things like player names are split up across multiple columns, maybe to save space idk.
Old 09-28-2021, 09:12 AM   #8
Rookie

Nice work on this! I plugged them into NCAA 05 (I think I prefer 03 as my favorite), and they've been working really well.

Names and ratings are obviously the most important, so that's huge. Sometimes there are cases where J.T. becomes "Jt" which is a quick fix. I've been going through and giving some of the top players the correct equipment, as well. Bummer seeing jacked QBs with full-caged face masks lol, but like I said, that's minor stuff that's easily fixable.

This is a great step in the right direction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »