Home

NCAA Football 14: 2018-19 Roster Update

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14: 2018-19 Roster Update within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2018, 12:37 AM   #3153
Rookie

appstate's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 14: 2018-19 Roster Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by tTrent w13
Does anybody know where to find updated Team Builder teams like Georgia Southern, app state , Coastal Carolina, etc… ?thanks in advance (Xbox 360)
That's better...

Maize08 made a thread with a few updated teams a month ago. Unfortunately TeamBuilder has been down since about that time so the rosters never got updated past the summer and more teams weren't added.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...d-rosters.html

A GS team is included but still has Willie Fritz as coach. There's a GS fan in the thread that probably has a better one.
Old 09-25-2018, 01:51 AM   #3154
Banned

Cool Re: NCAA Football 14: 2018-19 Roster Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHawgMichigan
I have went back and forth on this one lately. The some of the other editors say don't share it bcuz I have been working on it going on 3 years an some change now. On the other hand I like sharing them for reasons you just mentioned. I think what is going to happen is people are going to start jocking our scale and using it as their own and we will have some knockoff version of ours all over the place. I already see a lot of people starting to do rosters and it feels like a slight when they do so without acknowledging the people who actually put all the work into the file they use as a base if u get what I am saying. I really figured a lot of stuff out this year with how the game works and spent do long doing so. So when other put out rosters claiming them as their own with tons of hours we used in testing and stuff like that it kinda blows. I compare it to somebody stealing your girlfriend lol.
You know, people would be less likely to steal if they had access to your material. And they would probably all start sourcing you as well. And in the end, it'll only make your job easier and help speed up the community roster build time. I don't think your name will ever be lost, if anything people will know you more for what you gave, and the community should work to call out those who do steal anyway because it'll be obvious if they are using your material. Sorta like a guild, I'll start...

Long live BossHawgMichigan!

Thanks for all the work you have put into keeping this going for so long

Last edited by thebest625; 09-25-2018 at 01:55 AM.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:43 AM   #3155
MVP

BossHawgMichigan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest625
You know, people would be less likely to steal if they had access to your material. And they would probably all start sourcing you as well. And in the end, it'll only make your job easier and help speed up the community roster build time. I don't think your name will ever be lost, if anything people will know you more for what you gave, and the community should work to call out those who do steal anyway because it'll be obvious if they are using your material. Sorta like a guild, I'll start...

Lol, Man I hope you seriously didn't take that post as being arrogant or anything like that. I also wish it was as easy as having the ratings scale and people could automatically help us finish teams but it's not. I created and still continue to create a ton of BS to try and perfect this system as best I can. The group as a whole said they would rather keep it within and I can most definitely live with that.

Putting the file back.

PSN: BossHawgMichigan
Check: Cincinnati: C - Garrett Campbell - Is a 80 overall.
https://youtu.be/im_5KWki_Es
How to transfer offline files:
https://youtu.be/kLdLb78e5AM
NCAA 14: A in-depth look into creating rosters
Pt.1
https://youtu.be/Sr9DZfJ_YXM
Pt.2
https://youtu.be/cZHyWy_EWKs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2018, 09:30 AM   #3156
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest625

I will offer the contrarian view to this, as I am one of the editors who doesn't want to give out BossHawg's ratings system. First of all, there is already an issue with people stealing the system. Some poor sucker on this thread posted a few weeks back that he bought these rosters on eBay. Yeah, somebody monetized this to take advantage of you guys, when you can get the rosters here for free, and not only that but that person threatens the entire enterprise because this service only exists because we do it for free. That's just what happened because we have made the roster file public information. What happens if we do more? Secondly, the problem with people sourcing us is that there are too many people who won't give an honest effort. The system is set up to be fair to all 130 programs and eliminate as many of each individual editor's biases as well. If we allowed public sourcing, there would be a lot of people who would not be willing to put in the 25-35 hours per team that this takes to do right, and would be more than happy to just rate players off the cuff. There would thus be no standard. If you doubt the veracity of this statement, just look at how many times people ask us where we are in the process or if the rosters are finished, when literally that is the first thing you see when you open this thread. If they can't look at Page 1, do you think they are going to look through the handful of ratings charts that we use to create these rosters? I don't. There is a reason why all of the editors are heavily vetted and go through a process to ensure quality control. There is also a reason why a lot of the guys who become editors soon quit the project-- it's a lot of work. So once our ratings work is out there, and people who don't want to do the work required to create a quality product and claim they can crank out five teams a day begin publishing their own rosters that looks something like ours, you won't know which one to choose, and before long we all get lost in a sea of user-created crap. There is a range of consumers for this product, from the guys who just wanna play some football with guys who have the right name and more or less play the way the real player does to the guys who want perfection in every detail and are willing to wait for it. We try to serve them all.

So what we really need, instead of public sourcing, is 130 guys who would be willing to take a program, put 30 +/- hours into their team at the start of the season and rate according to the agreed-upon process, then steward their program all year every year.

I hope none of this sounds self-important or pretentious, but I think I can speak for all of the editors when I say that this means enough to us to give a huge chunk of our free time to build, and the integrity of the game and these rosters is important to all of us.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:41 AM   #3157
Rookie

Once again, offering to help with LSU. Not sure if my last reply showed up or not. Either way, thankful for the work already being done!

#GeauxTigers
Old 09-25-2018, 09:46 AM   #3158
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMick7
I will offer the contrarian view to this, as I am one of the editors who doesn't want to give out BossHawg's ratings system. First of all, there is already an issue with people stealing the system. Some poor sucker on this thread posted a few weeks back that he bought these rosters on eBay. Yeah, somebody monetized this to take advantage of you guys, when you can get the rosters here for free, and not only that but that person threatens the entire enterprise because this service only exists because we do it for free. That's just what happened because we have made the roster file public information. What happens if we do more? Secondly, the problem with people sourcing us is that there are too many people who won't give an honest effort. The system is set up to be fair to all 130 programs and eliminate as many of each individual editor's biases as well. If we allowed public sourcing, there would be a lot of people who would not be willing to put in the 25-35 hours per team that this takes to do right, and would be more than happy to just rate players off the cuff. There would thus be no standard. If you doubt the veracity of this statement, just look at how many times people ask us where we are in the process or if the rosters are finished, when literally that is the first thing you see when you open this thread. If they can't look at Page 1, do you think they are going to look through the handful of ratings charts that we use to create these rosters? I don't. There is a reason why all of the editors are heavily vetted and go through a process to ensure quality control. There is also a reason why a lot of the guys who become editors soon quit the project-- it's a lot of work. So once our ratings work is out there, and people who don't want to do the work required to create a quality product and claim they can crank out five teams a day begin publishing their own rosters that looks something like ours, you won't know which one to choose, and before long we all get lost in a sea of user-created crap. There is a range of consumers for this product, from the guys who just wanna play some football with guys who have the right name and more or less play the way the real player does to the guys who want perfection in every detail and are willing to wait for it. We try to serve them all.

So what we really need, instead of public sourcing, is 130 guys who would be willing to take a program, put 30 +/- hours into their team at the start of the season and rate according to the agreed-upon process, then steward their program all year every year.

I hope none of this sounds self-important or pretentious, but I think I can speak for all of the editors when I say that this means enough to us to give a huge chunk of our free time to build, and the integrity of the game and these rosters is important to all of us.
A point I forgot to mention is that as an editor who solicits public information and criticism of the rosters for my programs, I get a lot of bad information from the public. I get a lot of good information, too. Some of you guys on here are sharp and know what you're talking about. Some of you, not so much. There are a lot of passionate fans on here who love this game, but it creates a lot of extra work for me to have to sort through which information is correct and which is erroneous. Thus, I would expect publicly-sourced ratings to reflect a similar mix of quality.
Old 09-25-2018, 04:23 PM   #3159
Rookie

Just asking (for a friend, like always)

How accurate are Ourlads depth charts?

Wondering if the rosters are soon ready with names, numbers and ratings, atleast I woulf be more than happy to download roster and edit the depth charts on my own.

Thanks once again for all working with the rosters!
Old 09-25-2018, 05:20 PM   #3160
Rookie

nhill76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMela
Just asking (for a friend, like always)

How accurate are Ourlads depth charts?

Wondering if the rosters are soon ready with names, numbers and ratings, atleast I woulf be more than happy to download roster and edit the depth charts on my own.

Thanks once again for all working with the rosters!
They are trash.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »