Home

Dynasty Editor - What's really in there?

This is a discussion on Dynasty Editor - What's really in there? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2019, 01:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Dynasty Editor - What's really in there?

Hey folks, I think we can all admit sometimes NCAA14 gets a bit stale. Seems like the popular thing right now is "death penalty dynasties".

I kinda want to go a step further. I want a dynasty that is kinda like YEAR ONE. I want to start the dynasty with no powerhouses. I imagine starting every player at like ~60 OVR. All the coaches are in year one. All the school ratings are at C. So, no team or player has a ratings advantage. & then let things develop from there.

What if Ohio became THE Ohio state university? What if Alabama was just Alabama, not Nick Saban's Alabama? What if San Jose State grew to become the cream of California & USC & Stanford become perennial bottom dwellers in the Pac-12?

You get the point.

What I'm wondering is, what all can or should I change to achieve this? Has anyone done this before? What are my pitfalls?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2019, 03:12 PM   #2
Banned

martywebb's Arena

Re: Dynasty Editor - What's really in there?

I love this idea. Generally when I do my own save (especially promotion/relegation) I'll reset overall historical records to 0 wins, draws, losses - 0 national championships, etc etc.

Would be really interesting to do the same thing here.

How would you handle the coach situation? If you re-name every coach (so there's no Saban, Meyer, etc etc) and use the default #12 QB-like rosters, I think that'd be neat.
Old 12-12-2019, 01:04 PM   #3
Banned

martywebb's Arena

So I've done a little testing on this one, lots more testing to go through.

The first thing I did was mass edit the entire roster & made everyone seniors. So year 2 would have purely walk-ons, and whoever was recruited in season 1.

As I didn't modify any program or coach details yet, the recruiting went about as expected based of program's prestige. But the BCS Championship did have some funny results the two times I simmed.

UTEP lost to Utah in the championship in year one, and TCU won against Stanford in the second year I simmed. Since literally every player just had a 40 across the board, the collective end of season stats were a mess.

More testing for me to complete. One thing in particular, because I will be re-setting every coach, I'm wondering if I should randomize the team playbook they're assigned to OR try and make every coach 85. My attempt here would be to force all coaches to retire, completely spawning new coaches with whatever philosophy they may have. If there's an opportunity to break the game, this might be the change that would do it. The game had no issue generating entire rosters for every program from Year 1 to Year 2
Old 12-12-2019, 04:24 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by martywebb
So I've done a little testing on this one, lots more testing to go through.

The first thing I did was mass edit the entire roster & made everyone seniors. So year 2 would have purely walk-ons, and whoever was recruited in season 1.

As I didn't modify any program or coach details yet, the recruiting went about as expected based of program's prestige. But the BCS Championship did have some funny results the two times I simmed.

UTEP lost to Utah in the championship in year one, and TCU won against Stanford in the second year I simmed. Since literally every player just had a 40 across the board, the collective end of season stats were a mess.

More testing for me to complete. One thing in particular, because I will be re-setting every coach, I'm wondering if I should randomize the team playbook they're assigned to OR try and make every coach 85. My attempt here would be to force all coaches to retire, completely spawning new coaches with whatever philosophy they may have. If there's an opportunity to break the game, this might be the change that would do it. The game had no issue generating entire rosters for every program from Year 1 to Year 2
IIRC, it does break the game to have too many coaches retire at once. I actually tried that a while back, manually (no editor), and it even crashed it then. I had the same idea and really wanted the game to give me all generated coaches.
Old 12-16-2019, 01:32 PM   #5
Banned

martywebb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
IIRC, it does break the game to have too many coaches retire at once. I actually tried that a while back, manually (no editor), and it even crashed it then. I had the same idea and really wanted the game to give me all generated coaches.
Then I may just make the effort to randomize playbooks and keep the ages the same. The names are all randomly generated anyhow, so in effect they are 'generated' - I just got to figure out an easy way to mass edit some of the playbooks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2019, 02:14 AM   #6
Pro

I've been interested in this. The concept was actually what my current dynasty is based on (completely random rosters and i believe all the coaches were brand new coaches) but I could never find anybody who had edited everything.

Imagine every player starting out the same, every team being the same prestiges with the same ratings, same coach ratings, same stadiums, same playbooks, and every record scrubbed. That would be amazing for me at least lol.
Old 12-26-2019, 01:53 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xToXiCxSAVAGEx
I've been interested in this. The concept was actually what my current dynasty is based on (completely random rosters and i believe all the coaches were brand new coaches) but I could never find anybody who had edited everything.

Imagine every player starting out the same, every team being the same prestiges with the same ratings, same coach ratings, same stadiums, same playbooks, and every record scrubbed. That would be amazing for me at least lol.
I knew I had discussed this recently, before I started my project. Just wanted to let you know that it's over in the roster section: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2049993578

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »