Home

*** SN's Sliders ***

This is a discussion on *** SN's Sliders *** within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2005, 12:25 PM   #17
Rookie

bpd115's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: *** SN's Sliders ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Nature
That looks great. I felt like there were too many yards gained in the game, along with a high scoring game. The defense on both teams might have not been as great as their offense, which could result in a shootout.

Other than that, it looks really good.

I'm tweaking it slightly to make it more challenging, especially on the running for HUM, it seems to be still easy.
I just played South Carolina at PSU (me)

don't have the stat break down but I won 23 - 17. I was 12 - 25 for 220 something. Williams had 6 catches for 99 yards. Completed one long one to Rubin for 91 yrds but that wasn't a bomb it was a break down in the secondary. Robinson had 50+ yrds rushing on 9 attempts and Hunt had 100 yrds on 21 carries.

Their back had 116 yrds on about 22 carries. They handed it to their fullback as well a few times. Their QB was average and missed a few wide open guys but ended up around 50% with no bombs. I was able to get alot of pressure and had 7 sacks to their 1. No picks but no obvious drops of picks either. One of their TDs came on a botched option fumble return.

Another great game. I broke a long 35 yrd TD but got stuffed a few times too.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:36 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 15

Hey SN, it really does seem like you're having a ton of fun with this game. I can't wait to get it.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:41 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 14

Iowa State at Iowa

Wow, it was an intense game, but sadly, Iowa had three injuries in the first quarter alone, which knocked Drew Tate and their starting DE out for the game so early. Chad Greenaway was hurt but came in too late to help out the defense to prevent a rare early Iowa State TD.

After the back up QB for Iowa came in, he was instantly sacked in first 2 straight plays then they punted.

Iowa was able to stop them once again with an fumble recovery, but on their first play back on the field, the back up QB threw an interception really deep with no Hawkeyes anywhere near...so it was picked off with ease.

The Impact runningback of Iowa State came become a huge factor after giving a great deal of broken tackles and trucking. Both of Iowa's Impact Linebackers was in awe after being trucked over 3 or 4 times over the course of the game.

It was a complete diasater for Iowa, who finished the first half with -12 total offense yards.

However, it was only 14-0 and they are yet still alive at least.

Iowa came out strong with their second half opening drive with 5 straight completion by their back up QB, but failed to convert the fourth down on a fake punt play inside 40 in Iowa State's terrority.

Iowa State's runningback kept pounding on the Hawkeyes, eating up a lot of time off the clock, but Iowa was able to come out with a TD pass after recovering a fumble by Iowa State's quarterback once again.

Less than 2 minutes left, it looks like Iowa is within a touchdown to tie up the game, but it was denied after Iowa State's runningback dominated the drive with 10 straight running plays, Iso and option plays, which resulted into a touchdown with 7 seconds left.

A failed hail mary was the end of the game and a huge victory by Iowa State at Kinnick.

Iowa State's Impact runningback finished the game with a Heisman stats of 44 carries for 247 yards and 3 TDs, along with 18 broken tackles while never to fumble the ball once. He had 132 yards after the first hit with only the longest run of 23 yards.

---------------

BOX SCORE

Iowa State...7....7....0....7.........21
Iowa.............0....0....0....7.........7

Game Stats

- Iowa State finished the day with 290 total offense yards while Iowa had 91.

- Iowa State ran for 273 yards on 50 carries while Iowa had 10 rushes for 14 yards.

- Iowa State only threw 2-2 for 17 yards while Iowa threw 11-21 for 77 yards and one touchdown.

- Iowa State was sacked once to Iowa's two.

- Iowa State gave away two times to Iowa's one.

- Iowa State had 410 total yards to Iowa's 309. (Thanks to Iowa's several long returns.)

------------------------

PRO's

- Losing Impact players can greatly change the gameplan and it did for Iowa.

- Iowa was able to recover nicely, rather than choking even more in the second half.

CON's

- After running a lot, the length of the game seems to be so short and only limited me to two passes the entire game. I would definitely bump it up one or two more minutes per quarter for extra 4-8 minutes in the game.

- Running game for HUM may be "too effective" because Iowa's LBs should be able to dominate a little better on the running game.

- A serious lack of running game for Iowa and it was my lowest allowed rushing game in my 5 days of experience in NCAA 06.

- Iowa could have been much better or could have won the game with ease if they were able to keep their players healthy.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:43 PM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifiok25
Hey SN, it really does seem like you're having a ton of fun with this game. I can't wait to get it.
It's a greatly improved game, but it's still not perfect, but hopefully, with the sliders, it can become an excellent and enjoyable game.

Running the ball in the game is even more fun than ever. Juking and trucking defenders, or breaking tackles on Impact defensive players is a great feeling.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:14 PM   #21
Pro

Kansas State at USC

SIDENOTE - Moved up from 5 minutes per quarter to 6 minutes and using version 1.1 sliders

I can't say of how truly I got dominated by USC. This was the first time on All American that I felt like the computer really did dominated me without a doubt.

Especially Leinart, he did played like a Heisman winner today.

I really focused a lot of USC's running game and held Bush to 41 yards on 14 carries which is 2.9 yards per carry, but Leinart came out and bit me in the *** with his career day by passing 17-24 for 448 yards and 5 TDs/0 INTs, but I played a well played defense in the first half, but in the second half, they just simply went all out and torn me apart by their deep passing threats.

Even the back up QB got one touchdown as well.

I threw 13-27 for 397 yards and 4 TDs, but with 4 interceptions, which I felt horrible about. It was a risky, careless pass after the another.

However, be aware that Kansas State scored a lot in the fourth quarter due to the fact that USC brought in their second team on defense and offense. I was having a much easier time with their second team defense and it was very noticable. Their second team offense was tough, but nowhere near to how good their first team was

-------------------------

BOX SCORE

Kansas State.....0....0.....7......28........35
USC...................3....10....28.....7......... 48

Game Stats

- KSU got 478 total offense yards to USC's 587.

- KSU ran for 81 yards on 30 carries to USC's 24 carries for 23 yards.

- KSU passed 13-27 for 397 yards while USC passed 23-31 for 564 yards.

- KSU was sacked three times to USC's three.

- KSU threw 4 interceptions while USC fumbled lost 3 times.

- KSU had 673 total yards to USC's 751 yards.

- KSU held the ball for 11:23 to USC's 12:37.

----------------------------------

PRO's

- USC came and challenged me to a incredible game of strategy and I felt like a fool for underesimating them.

- KSU's runningback ran for 94 yards on 22 carries, which was at 4.2 yards per carry. I felt like it's much more realistic now.

- It was much tougher to pass the ball effectively on a much better rated passing defense. Although, I believe that they knocked down just a little too much, especially on the deep balls. Their Defense A.I. really improved a lot.

- Leinart passed to 11 different receivers, plus 5 players got 3 or more receptions. A great distribution by the computer. He also got Bush involved as well as a slot receiver and rollouts. Leinart also performed an excellent trick play where Bush passed it back to him while he ran for 29 yards, barely missing the goalline by one yard.

- Since I moved up to 6 minutes per quarter, the defensive stats made a huge difference, with the highest being 11 while Kansas State had 4 defenders with 6 tackles or higher.

CON's

- Reggie Bush only ran for 41 yards on 14 carries? I may have played a great rushing defense, but I felt like he could have done a little better than that, especially against Kansas State.

- Leinart's passing deep was very difficult to stop...I think it might have been abused just a little, but I think it was my fault since the cornerbacks were burnt by their wide receivers.

- USC got 5 players with 4 or more pancake blocks while Kansas State only had 2 players with 2 pancake blocks?

(EDIT - I'll like to take back on my comment about pancake blocks. I noticed that USC had all defensive line players in 90's and up while KSU got an offensive line in around 75-85ish.

That made a lot of sense now.)

Last edited by Silent Nature; 07-11-2005 at 04:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »