Home

Old 07-15-2005, 02:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Slider Madness

First of all, I just want to thank everyone for taking so much time to make this game more enjoyable. I realize it takes a lot of work and effort. With that being said.. there are a couple things that that I need to address. The first is that it is getting extremely confusing dealing with all of the sliders in different threads. I am wondering if there is a way to get them all into one thread so that everyone can locate them with ease. The spreadsheet that is out also helps but I dont know if everyone is aware of it. The second issue is that if you are going to make a slider.. try to post one that YOU feel works best.. and thats it. If people are having issues with the sliders that you take the time to create and post.. then thats too bad. Go back into the sliders if you dont them and edit them yourself. Everyone has a different opinion on what constitutes good sliders. If your getting too many pancake blocks.. lower it down. If your rb is running all over the place.. adjust the blocking and his ability.. its not hard people.. this way.. the people who are making the sliders can make what they feel is the best and give us something to work with without having 100 different variations of the sliders to meet everyones needs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2005, 03:21 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Slider Madness

The spreadsheet was created so everyone could go to one place and get the latest sliders.

It's up to those that want to use it
Old 07-15-2005, 03:22 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

We actually used to have one slider thread and it was a nightmare. I can't tell you how many PM's I got asking me for my latest.

I can't speak for others, but I do post what works best for me. There is no such thing a 'Universal Set'. Sliders are an art not a science. There is no magic formula.

I do like feedback for one primary reason. IF many people have the same bad results, it can be easier to spot a trend. You can't play a half, or a game, or even two games and evaluate sliders. WAY too many factors involved. I make 'em for the long haul for stats that will stand up over time.

I had a guy that used my MVP sliders and finally comment on them after 120 games! Now THAT is an opinoin I wanna hear. And he stated how the stats flucuated from game to game, but his season stats were great. If you get shut down in the run game in one game, it doesn't mean you will the next game or the game after.

Heck if we did nothing but post everyone's results using default sliders we'd have a wide range of results. But sometimes you can find an overrideing issue. That's what I look for. But at the end of the day I just post what's working for me. If others get good results with or without their tweaks then I'm a happy guy.

Good post.

Old 07-15-2005, 03:35 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
We actually used to have one slider thread and it was a nightmare. I can't tell you how many PM's I got asking me for my latest.

I can't speak for others, but I do post what works best for me. There is no such thing a 'Universal Set'. Sliders are an art not a science. There is no magic formula.

I do like feedback for one primary reason. IF many people have the same bad results, it can be easier to spot a trend. You can't play a half, or a game, or even two games and evaluate sliders. WAY too many factors involved. I make 'em for the long haul for stats that will stand up over time.

I had a guy that used my MVP sliders and finally comment on them after 120 games! Now THAT is an opinoin I wanna hear. And he stated how the stats flucuated from game to game, but his season stats were great. If you get shut down in the run game in one game, it doesn't mean you will the next game or the game after.

Heck if we did nothing but post everyone's results using default sliders we'd have a wide range of results. But sometimes you can find an overrideing issue. That's what I look for. But at the end of the day I just post what's working for me. If others get good results with or without their tweaks then I'm a happy guy.

Good post.
What you said....I just wanted to add one thing. To test a slider set, you must play it in dynasty. Dynasty plays different than exhibition games. Also make a schedule with a B rated team and play 2 A teams home & Away, 2 B teams home and away, and two C teams home and away. Look at the average of the results, and adjust the sliders accordingly based on the six games.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:38 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
What you said....I just wanted to add one thing. To test a slider set, you must play it in dynasty. Dynasty plays different than exhibition games. Also make a schedule with a B rated team and play 2 A teams home & Away, 2 B teams home and away, and two C teams home and away. Look at the average of the results, and adjust the sliders accordingly based on the six games.
I agree. ONce I find a suitable base, I go dynasty. I mean it compiles the stats for you and you play a variety of teams. If you just play exhibitions with USC you'll never find anything that works cuz Bush is gonna be great no matter what slider set you use.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »