Home

An explanation as to how EA sliders are configurated?

This is a discussion on An explanation as to how EA sliders are configurated? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2005, 10:35 AM   #9
Rookie

westwood's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: An explanation as to how EA sliders are configurated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I'm guessing your point is you were Rice and beat Miami in coach mode I'd assume?

Well that solves the problem....Heisman is your level. But hey my theory still stands.

GO to practice set QB at 25 WR at 25%

Leave CPU AWR to 50% kndws-50% and INT-50%

Comeback and tell me how many BOMBS you completed deep

After that stay on default 50% AWR for CPU

Leave QB at 50% and WR at 50%

Take down how many bombs you completed

I'm banking on that the 25% setup wins hands down. I'm banking that the pass defense is going to more realistic. BUt then agian I would need someone to test this aswell because I"m not sure you are 100% honest.
no thats a played game. and the fact you attempt to chalk up my passing game as all bomb is . i play with a house rule of 2 bomb ATTEMPTS a game.

and i think you are completely missing my point, im not bashing what you've done. i routinely get smoked playing friends. my point wasnt any of that im the best BS. im just saying, you aren't knowingly any closer to having players play to their ratings than anyone else.

Last edited by westwood; 07-18-2005 at 10:39 AM.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:52 AM   #10
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

Hey PM,

You don't know me from ADAM, I am just a 'lurker' on this board, been here a while too, but I have to say, I think you're right on the money with your formula!

I've played varsity, AA, and heisman; varsity, I blow folks out, get blown out on heisman so, AA is my only option. That said, I've tried every set of sliders on this board and yours is the only one that I can count on for keeping the field 'level', not fair(we all know, nothings fair) but your slider set seems to me to be the one that makes the games 'FEEL' right...though I honestly HATE the CPUs impact players...I know from experience, a coach/player does get a twinge of OMG, when he looks at a scouting report and sees one of these guys on the other team...so, a big THANKS man!

Again, I am just one guy but I appreciate your work on this and I will be looking for your Madden 06 sliders!

K

Last edited by Kingfish; 07-18-2005 at 10:56 AM.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:54 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have a question for you westwood. How could you expect to get the most out of the game if you don't even play it correctly? I'm not trying to say that you have to play a certain way, but if you do select a team, don't you think that you should play according to their style. Rice, is an option oriented team. However, you threw the ball 31 times. Their returning starting QB only threw 56 passes all last season. Granted you ran 12 times for 98 yards, I wonder how it would've played out if you ran their real scheme. Rice averaged 75 yards a game passing last season. I just think that people tend to not follow their teams suggested schemes and are surprised when things don't work. Just my opinion. Try giving Rice more running and see how it goes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2005, 10:57 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwood
no thats a played game. and the fact you attempt to chalk up my passing game as all bomb is . i play with a house rule of 2 bomb ATTEMPTS a game.

and i think you are completely missing my point, im not bashing what you've done. i routinely get smoked playing friends. my point wasnt any of that im the best BS. im just saying, you aren't knowingly any closer to having players play to their ratings than anyone else.

I know for a fact that the CPU is at a 25% disadvantage at default AA level.

In order for the game to play anywhere close to realistic you have to go down 25% on most human offensive sliders.

There are mutiple RBA/RUNBLK sliders that you can manipulate but they have to be at that 25-30% tier that I'm refering to in the post.

YOu will get a more realistic passing game by setting HUMAN QBA at 25% and WR CATCH at 25 vs the CPU DEFAULT setup. THat is the setup that puts them as close to their ratings as possible.

Since the Huamn player has a 25% advantage over the CPU at default level his players are not playing at their end game ratings. You must go down to 25% for all human skil players and then balance out the RUN BLK SLIDER which is 25-50% over the CPU's DEFAULT BRK BLK slider. YOU have to get a combination from your RBA slider to determine what your correct RUN BLK slider will be set at.

IF your at 45% RBA you must go downto 5% RUN BLK in order to balance out the game.....which is calculated onthe speed of the RBA.

YOU can use RBA at 10% and you'll be effective running the ball aslong as you have RUN BLK slider set at 50%.....it balances the speed of the game at the default level.

Thank you have a nice day.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:03 AM   #13
Rookie

westwood's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
I know for a fact that the CPU is at a 25% disadvantage at default AA level.

In order for the game to play anywhere close to realistic you have to go down 25% on most human offensive sliders.

There are mutiple RBA/RUNBLK sliders that you can manipulate but they have to be at that 25-30% tier that I'm refering to in the post.

YOu will get a more realistic passing game by setting HUMAN QBA at 25% and WR CATCH at 25 vs the CPU DEFAULT setup. THat is the setup that puts them as close to their ratings as possible.

Since the Huamn player has a 25% advantage over the CPU at default level his players are not playing at their end game ratings. You must go down to 25% for all human skil players and then balance out the RUN BLK SLIDER which is 25-50% over the CPU's DEFAULT BRK BLK slider. YOU have to get a combination from your RBA slider to determine what your correct RUN BLK slider will be set at.

IF your at 45% RBA you must go downto 5% RUN BLK in order to balance out the game.....which is calculated onthe speed of the RBA.

YOU can use RBA at 10% and you'll be effective running the ball aslong as you have RUN BLK slider set at 50%.....it balances the speed of the game at the default level.

Thank you have a nice day.
we'll just agree to disagree.

and to gr8one, rices passing game is terrible, thats why i used it. running for 8+ yards a carry gets boring real quick.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:11 AM   #14
Rookie

Ok westwood. I never figured that you were testing it due to the fact their passing game was awful. I just thought you were skewing from the scheme of their offense to generate unbalanced stats. Continue.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:12 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8ONe
I have a question for you westwood. How could you expect to get the most out of the game if you don't even play it correctly? I'm not trying to say that you have to play a certain way, but if you do select a team, don't you think that you should play according to their style. Rice, is an option oriented team. However, you threw the ball 31 times. Their returning starting QB only threw 56 passes all last season. Granted you ran 12 times for 98 yards, I wonder how it would've played out if you ran their real scheme. Rice averaged 75 yards a game passing last season. I just think that people tend to not follow their teams suggested schemes and are surprised when things don't work. Just my opinion. Try giving Rice more running and see how it goes.

To be honest I don't believe this guy. Because he mentioned something about a coach mode then 15 minutes later he post stats about the game. I know from playing that is takes longer than 15-20 minutes just to finish the game with 5 minute qtr's.

I'm very suspect of this guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2005, 11:18 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
To be honest I don't believe this guy. Because he mentioned something about a coach mode then 15 minutes later he post stats about the game. I know from playing that is takes longer than 15-20 minutes just to finish the game with 5 minute qtr's.

I'm very suspect of this guy.
He's probably legit. The posts are 1 hour 16 minutes apart. Besides, you can't help everyone. I was really curious as to whether or not with your findings, if you plan on attacking Heisman again. I've been with you since Live 05 (which hands down became somewhat of a game after the tweaks you made), so I try to get into everything that you lay down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »