Home

Woody's Varsity Sliders

This is a discussion on Woody's Varsity Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2005, 10:08 AM   #41
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Woody's Varsity Sliders

Yo woody give these a test for me buddy.

Post me some stats so I can see what someone else thinks of them.

Thanks bud
Hotshot

HFA - OFF(a must)
AA - 6-7 Min quarters

Human/Computer

Offense
0/40
40/65
50/50
40/55
15/60

Defense
65/70
90/90
0/0
30/70
30/75
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2005, 08:18 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfan26
What team were you man? And yeah I know I luv these! These are what I'm rolling with for now. By the way what does your pancake numbers look like with these? I decreased Hum RB by 5% that was my ONLY adjustment b/c im fairly good at running. But as you can tell from my last game, i had a guy with double-digit sack numbers.
i was kansas state. yea i am getting a little bit too many sacks so i might raise pass blocking 5 %.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:52 PM   #43
Rookie

Footballfan26's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot232
Yo woody give these a test for me buddy.

Post me some stats so I can see what someone else thinks of them.

Thanks bud
Hotshot

HFA - OFF(a must)
AA - 6-7 Min quarters

Human/Computer

Offense
0/40
40/65
50/50
40/55
15/60

Defense
65/70
90/90
0/0
30/70
30/75
Hey man stop jackin Woody's thread, you already have your own. This thread is for Woody's sliders. I tried yours anyway and i didn't care for them.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:12 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfan26
Hey man stop jackin Woody's thread, you already have your own. This thread is for Woody's sliders. I tried yours anyway and i didn't care for them.
i agree. if you want people to try yours post results or put the link in your sig.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:26 AM   #45
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

First of all FOOTBALL!!!

I was posting to :READ: - WOODY!!

Second I was not asking YOUR opinion, I was asking woody's. I was giving him my thoughts on his sliders and I was asking for some of his thoughts on mine.

So, don't act as if you are his body guard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2005, 10:58 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 4

Sorry guys I havent been on in a couple days. I'll give those a try later today. I'll also have version 6.0 posted in a few minutes.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:59 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4

Woody's Varsity Sliders Version 6.0

Varsity
6 Minutes

Offence
45/65
40/65
50/50
35/70
30/80
O Code: oKE0OD13

Defence
80/85
75/75
55/70
60/65
60/65
D Code: i957cu43

Special Teams
35/35
40/35
40/40
40/40
45/45
ST Code:7qEOdR72

Penalties (Jistic's)

Silent Natures House Rules
OFFENSE

- Do not call the same play back to back at any point.

- Stay in the pocket until it collapses. DO NOT ROLLOUT, unless it was specificed in the play. If it collapses, throw the ball out or scramble away. Rollout tends to make the defense more corrupted and give you too many easy open receivers.

- Do not use any players playing as the "quarterback", other than quarterbacks for more than 3 times in a game.

- If your team is winning by 28 points by halftime, please put in your second team on offense/defense by using "Mass Sub" feature until your lead was cut to under 21 points. It gives other players their chance to play and give you more challenge to play against the CPU with your second team offense/defense. This rule was applied especially for playing against small schools and Div 1 AA teams.

- Scrambling QBs: Do not scramble more than 10 times on a passing play. Option plays doesn't count since it was a running play, not a passing play, unless it was a fake drawback option.

- No Hail Mary allowed at any points unless you are losing by 21 at any points or under 1 minutes in each half.

- Always punt on a fourth down if the ball is not in your opponent's terrority, unless you are losing with 2 minutes left in the game.

DEFENSE

- Do not use any nanoblitz of any kind.

- Use only two shifts, one for the line and one for the linebackers. Secondary shift is optional.

- Hot routes to squeeze in or spread out your defensive line and your linebackers should not be abused. If you want to do this, you must play as a safety because one could abuse this to blitz through the line more easily than neutral line shift.

- No goalline defense at any point until it's a 3rd/4th down and short situation or the ball is inside 10 yard line.

- DO NOT MOVE any defenders from their original position to gain yourself an advantage over the computer's A.I. If you want to play as a safety and you want to blitz, then blitz from where he was at in the first place. Use the secondary shift to move your man closer to the line, if needed.

- No limit to how many times you want to repeat your "favorite" defensive plays. Don't forget that the computer will learn and exploit your defense after your repeated use of specific plays.

SPECIAL TEAMS

- Do not fake punt or kick more than 2 times during the game.

- No more than 1 "surprise" onside kick unless you are losing with under three minutes left to play in the game. Don't abuse this.

- Using your punter as your kicker or your kicker as your punter is fine.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:46 PM   #48
Rookie

Footballfan26's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot232
I was giving him my thoughts on his sliders
Say what bud? Please...tell me where are these "thoughts"? I'm pretty sure all you said was try my sliders for me and post some stats..etc. I just don't see why you didn't post that in YOUR thread?

But anyway, Woody why did you make a version 6? What did you change? Personally, I thought they were perfect. What made you decide to make V.6? Thanks again man, and I can't thank you enough for the sliders. This is a whole other game now!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »