Home

*** SN's Heisman Sliders (Xbox 360) ***

This is a discussion on *** SN's Heisman Sliders (Xbox 360) *** within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2006, 03:28 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: *** SN's Heisman Sliders (Xbox 360) ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
No..After the snap you can push the right thumbstick up/down to either pass/run commit. I found that it helps your pass defense out a ton if you pick to commit to the pass on long third down situations. Heck, it helps when your expecting the pass at any time. Same for the run.

You have to watch though, if you run commit and they do some PA, you'll be burned! (Like you should) And vice versa, if they run up the gut and your in dime and pass commit, expect at least a 6 yard gain..

Thanks for the tidbit, I did not know about this function. So just press down on the right stick to commit to the run, up to commit to the pass. So you dont have to press anything prior to touching the right tumbstick?
Old 07-21-2006, 04:04 PM   #58
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

Right. Someone said you can actually hold it down/up before the snap and it will work also. I was losing horribly to teams with UNC and then started using it against ND and Brady went for 12-26 and was 1-6 in 3rd and long situations..

I made a post about it a couple hours ago in the main forum.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:25 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Right. Someone said you can actually hold it down/up before the snap and it will work also. I was losing horribly to teams with UNC and then started using it against ND and Brady went for 12-26 and was 1-6 in 3rd and long situations..

I made a post about it a couple hours ago in the main forum.
Yes, I use it a lot and it truly does make a difference. Instead of controlling only one player and that player would know that it's a running/passing play, but the rest of the team wouldn't know that every time. When you commit early enough, the WHOLE team recognizes the opponent's play and they will set themselves together to counter it. I believe that this is an absolutely great feature to have and one of the several reasons why the gameplay is surprisingly underrated.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:26 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 5

Are any of you finding that the field goal kicker never misses. I have seen them wind up short, but I never see them boot one wide right or left. Do you think the accuracy slider needs some adjustment?

Thanks to the poster telling about how to adjust to commit to the run\pass. I am really starting to see better DB AI.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:04 PM   #61
Rookie

baden's Arena

OVR: 3

I blocked like 4 field goals last game...anyway to tone this down??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2006, 10:17 PM   #62
Pro

BiggestKJ's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewha202002
Are any of you finding that the field goal kicker never misses. I have seen them wind up short, but I never see them boot one wide right or left. Do you think the accuracy slider needs some adjustment?

Thanks to the poster telling about how to adjust to commit to the run\pass. I am really starting to see better DB AI.
I'm not as advanced as everyone else so I haven't got used to that commit run/pass feature yet. But I did bump the Human DEF AWR up to 70 and the DB's who should be making stops make 'em.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:21 PM   #63
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
You have to watch though, if you run commit and they do some PA, you'll be burned! (Like you should).
Playing as UGA against Colorado, I got burned 4 times committing to the run on a PA play....all 4 went for TD's...they definitely punish you for picking the wrong thing, but MUCH more so for commiting to the run on a pass play
Old 07-21-2006, 11:21 PM   #64
Rookie

GMOW's Arena

OVR: 2

I really like the sliders. I don't get 8 picks a game now..because my db's are no longer "super db's". I can run the ball and put in the option as well. Good job.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »