Home

I have NEVER, EVER seen the CPU miss a field goal on Heisman.

This is a discussion on I have NEVER, EVER seen the CPU miss a field goal on Heisman. within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2006, 05:06 AM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
I have NEVER, EVER seen the CPU miss a field goal on Heisman.

It has become completely laughable now. When the CPU lines up for a field goal it doesn't matter who is kicking, the kick will see the ball go PERFECTLY through the uprights every single time. What's really funny is that I lowered CPU kick accuracy all the way to 0, and put the kick power down to 30 and they still his 100% of the field goals that they attempt. And again, not only do these field goals go in, they are perfect, every single time. I have began counting and the CPU has hit 28 straight field goals, some as far as 53 yards. All of them straight through every time. EA really needs to fix this problem. If the slider for field goal accuracy doesn't work at all what does that say about the other sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2006, 08:07 AM   #2
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: I have NEVER, EVER seen the CPU miss a field goal on Heisman.

I was thinking the same thing, but then the 1AA Midwest kicker missed a couple against me. One was wide right and the other was short.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:48 PM   #3
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Well, I'll never play a 1-AA team (I'm Notre Dame). Oh, well.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:49 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

Hmm, I'll probably play through half a season today so I'll post any misses i see, if any.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:00 PM   #5
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

I'm going to do something that may seem a bit drastic to most people but at least it will help to see SOME missed CPU field goals (at least I hope). I'm going to lower the CPU kicker's kicking accuracy by a significant amount before each game. I'll change it back after the game but hopefully this will help. I've still yet to see one missed field goal and there have been quite a few 50+ yard field goals. The longest I've seen is a 57 yarder.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2006, 05:15 PM   #6
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

You will never ever see a missed FG on heisman

It sucks but FG are really bad.. EA never took attention to this.

Last night buff did a 58yds FG :/ and he had strengh for more yds.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:18 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I'm going to do something that may seem a bit drastic to most people but at least it will help to see SOME missed CPU field goals (at least I hope). I'm going to lower the CPU kicker's kicking accuracy by a significant amount before each game. I'll change it back after the game but hopefully this will help. I've still yet to see one missed field goal and there have been quite a few 50+ yard field goals. The longest I've seen is a 57 yarder.

That is cool for now, but what will you do once you start dynasty?
Old 07-28-2006, 02:48 AM   #8
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
That is cool for now, but what will you do once you start dynasty?
I guess nothing, I thought I could change rating in dynasty. The ONLY other option is the ultimate cheeze option, which I might just take. Since I cannot change the kick power rating and I cannot change it to All-American in the middle of the game there is only one other thing that can be done to have the "CPU" miss field goals every once in a blue moon. I might start taking over the CPU on field goal situations and have to have some integrity and try my best to hit it. Because I miss field goals every once in a while, doing that would insure that the other team does too. I know it sounds REALLY cheezy but hey, its my dynasty and I'd like to see AT LEAST 1 missed field goal by my opponent all season long. On the bright side of things at least it is possible to block field goals this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »