Home

Why not one more set of AA Sliders {PS2}

This is a discussion on Why not one more set of AA Sliders {PS2} within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2006, 03:36 AM   #1
Rookie

pbtiger's Arena

OVR: 3
Why not one more set of AA Sliders {PS2}

I had tweaked and tweaked and wanted to get a dynasty rolling so I spent the last week seeing what worked and the sliders impact. As I posted in the Advanced Slider thread I thought there were a handful of things to fix, but the game played pretty good out of the box. Where I have these sliders now, I feel only a click or two one way or another to suit your style will work. The way I went about determining what was going to work for me was by using a good team against an equal opponent. Once I had the game playing out where the averages, %s, and overall feel seeming level, I used a weak team against a strong opponent and got waxed. So, I felt they were ready to use.

These are what I am using now and they provide a challenge (at least to me):

HUM/CMP

Off.

QBA 40/40
PB 50/60
WRC 55/55
RBA 50/50
RB 40/55

Def.

AWR 50/50
KND 99/99
INT 0/0
BB 45/50
TKL 45/45

With KND at max I have found the DB's make plays on the ball and are in much better position, without beefing up AWR to the point where you see players morph accross the field to make a play. You can hit some deep passes, which you should be able to, but you will see a lot more batted passes, which have their own interesting animations. I have seen a ball batted, then kicked by a defensive player 5 yds down the field to a receiver amongst other things. That is also why I have QBA up at 40. I had toyed with 30 & 35 for accuracy, but I was seeing too many good QBs in the game miss wide open players as well as having completion %s less than 50%.

I dropped the TKL slider a notch and this has helped with the fumbling, although there are still fumbles in the game. I don't want to take them completely out. Also, if you lower this slider too much it impacts the running game (opens it up too much). I have RB set low for HUM to make running a challenge against a good run defense. You can light up a bad one, but if you make it hard to run against a bad defense, well what happens when you play a good one? If you do find it easy to run or vice-versa I would suggest the run block slider first, since I feel that raising or lowering the RBA setting changes the speed of the ball carrier's attributes in relation to the other players on the field.

About the only other items of note would be the WRC being raised a notch helps with some drops as well as hanging on to it when the get hit simultaneously. You still have those drops, but every now and then you will hang on to it when your receiver gets popped. Although probably high on a per team basis, it was interesting that in my final test game the pancakes for my team were the exact total of the CPU.

I am also using these settings for S/T

FG PWR 70/15
FG ACC 0/0
Punt PWR 60/60
Punt ACC 0/0
KO PWR 60/50

Penalties are set at max except unsportsmanlike (set at 20%).

Anyway, like I said, these may hopefully help some of you out there have some fun with this game. Give them a couple of games to get the full effect. I blew out some 1-AA opponents easily and was starting to wonder why it was so eay, until I played an equal opponent and was down 14-0 before I could blink, fought back to take the lead late in the 3rd, and survive 2 4th down attempts inside my 10 to hang on. Well, it's late and I need some rest before another round of games tomorrow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2006, 04:03 AM   #2
Rookie

itst76's Arena

Re: Why not one more set of AA Sliders {PS2}

Sine nobody has posted about your sliders I thought I would. I played a random games being Cinn Vs Mich St. at Cinn.
I have to say I had a pretty good game made number 3 on classic games.

Here is some stats

Cinn
QB Grutza 27-35 342 2-1 77% 3 sacks 48 long

RB B Benton 9-25 2.7
RB M Daniels 8-22 2.7
QB Grutza 10-(-11) -1.1

TE Celek 16-213 13.3
WR E Jackson 2-44 22.0 1td
WR D Goodman 1-31 31.o 1td

4 pancakes

Leading tackler had 8 next 2 guys had 6 no sacks and 1 int

Mich St.
QB Staton 28-44 269 0-1 63% 52 long

RB Caulcrick 16-58 3.6

WR M Trannon 9-96
WR T Love 6-95
WR J Scott 6-42

9 pancakes

leading tackler had 14 next 3 guys had 6, 3 sacks and 1 int

only issue I ran into was turnovers there was 9 total but 2 were INT rest were fumbles. Which nothing in sliders seems to help this.

Game was a dink and dump fest which i like to see Mich St move up the field that way, I wish they would have ran a little more but they had 2 receivers with 9 cathces and another with 6 and they drove up the field I would not let them beat me deep. My running game never got going but I have never played with Cinn so not sure how there ground game stacks up against a Big 10 school. They were not getting me in the backfield so much as I was getting swarmed when i made it past the line. Cinn TE Celek is he IP player and their playbook is set up for tightends have a lot of formations that take advantage of him going across the middle which i took advantage of since he was in the zone most of the game so his high numbers were from catch and runs.

I ended up winning the game 20-19
I held Mich St out of the endzone. They had a fumble return and the rest were field goals. Scoring at the half was 17-16. So only 2 field goals in the second half by each team. So it was a nail biter when they had the ball with 1:04 left and Stanton was in the zone. Ended up holding on 4th when Trannon caught a comeback route 2 yards short of the first. About 10-15 yards from being in field goal range again and we know the Computer doesnt miss.

Just letting you know how it went I had a enjoyable game will play some more and let you know how it goes.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:12 AM   #3
Rookie

pbtiger's Arena

Re: Why not one more set of AA Sliders {PS2}

That is great to hear. Yeah, short of upping RBA I don't know another way to cut down on fumbles. I don't know about other players impressions of AA, but it seems to me the CPU is very one dimensional in the games I have played. I feel like the passing game is spot on, the blocking appears reasonable, but the running game is hit or miss. Let me know how some more games go. The couple of things I am tinkering with relate to the running game. If we can minimize the fumbles somehow and get a more consistent game out of the CPU I would be happy.

I like that the red zone defense it fairly tough on these settings. You can't get too pass happy inside the 20 with the KND setting where it is. I have had drives where I completed every pass until I got inside the 20 and proceeded to go 0-3, etc. The CPU is not automatic when close in either, which has always frustrated me in the past. There are still drives in the game where you feel the CPU is destined to score because nothing you call works, but I have had some stops on those drives too.

Last edited by pbtiger; 07-31-2006 at 09:16 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »