Home

Some AA slider advice for PS2.

This is a discussion on Some AA slider advice for PS2. within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2006, 01:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Some AA slider advice for PS2.

The human has a strength advantage even on the AA level. You can't tell it in the early stages of a game but you can as the game progresses into the second half. If you offset this advantage you will get a perfect game. I have applied this rule to the last two versions of this game and it even offset the long ball problem last year. You will lose games and it will make recruiting even more difficult because it is based mostly on success. I have my run block and pass block set at 40. I have the cpu break block and tackle at 65. I have the CPU pass block and run block at 60. My break block and tackle are at 35. The CPU needs a 25% advantage on these particular sliders for you to get a "realistic game". You have a strength advantage and it results in making everything about this game too easy. I've played like this for two years now and this year's game has been no different. 07 is even a better game and I feel I am getting the perfect gaming experience. Also, make sure you set the CPU defensive awareness at least at 75 on the AA level. You will get great results and you will lose games which makes winning even more fun. Don't get scared because you will have to punt the ball once in a while or often against much better teams. That is called real football. Here are my sliders.

Human/CPU

QB acc 40/60
Pass block 40/60
WR catching default/55
RB ability 40/60
run block 40/60

Defensive awarness 35/75
knockdowns 50/55
INTs 5/40
Break block 35/65
tackle 35/65

Special teams is all a matter of choice. These sliders have been great for me and I have even been upset on the road but not blown out so far. These will allow the guys in the trenches to play to their abilities and poor tacklers will be just that while good defenders will stick out like they should.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2006, 06:04 PM   #2
Rookie

dawgdan7280's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Some AA slider advice for PS2.

I can back Hokie up on this. These sliders are very close to mine, except for knockdown which I have at 90/99. Try these out if you like to play realistic style football. Momentum is still a big factor, but I like it that way.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:00 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Some AA slider advice for PS2.

Momentum will always be a factor in football. Choices you make dictate how much of a factor. Talent level also is a huge factor. I'm playing with Nebraska and just lost at USC 7-27. They have a clear advantage across the line of scrimmage as far as my OL matching up with their DL. I could not run the ball with much success. That is the way it should be. I was able to hit some passes here and there. My front seven is fairly solid and I did a fine job containing USC's run game as they had maybe 90yds total rushing if that. Their tailback had about 87 of it. They have two gamebreakers at wr and I had trouble matching up with them and that was the difference in the game. The USC qb had around 300yds passing. I pressured him from time to time but my defense got tired because of my inability to move the ball on a regular basis especially with the run. Teams that can run are usually teams that win.

Last edited by Hill Hokie; 08-06-2006 at 04:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »