Home

Jump the snap-line play etc...

This is a discussion on Jump the snap-line play etc... within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2006, 10:50 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Jump the snap-line play etc...

Just wondering if there are any sliders out there that resolve this issue. I've tried several different slider sets here and it's the same thing. I can break the block on AA almost every time regardless of the players rating, on heisman I stick to the lineman like glue, if I control a lineman and touch him. It's very annoying when trying to play the run because I'm rendered useless in the trenches and it's almost better if I stay out of there. I like to play RE and I have a lineman that is rated 87 overall and he gets owned no matter what the rating of the opposing lineman. I'm rated 87 and I cant get by a lineman rated 70? I'm getting pancaked by him...... I wish there was a slider set that took into account the rating of the lineman. So it's a tough matchup if I'm playing a better tackle and easier against worse tackles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2006, 05:38 AM   #2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Jump the snap-line play etc...

Jump the snap (jts) is the worst thing in this game. Its an awful feature for three reasons:

1) On AA, you can abuse the CPU OL. To counter this you could up the CPU blocking significantly but this makes your CPU teamates on the DL useless. This makes sliders impossible to correct jts. On Heisman, the CPU abuses your OL.

2) There is no middle ground. Always a great jump = pancake or late jump = get pancaked. Why no average jump which would lead to an even matchup? Makes this a very stupid, arcadey and crappy feature.

3) Exposes the bad player interaction. If a DL beats an OL, at least shoot a gap or get around the OL. Running him over is highly unrealistic.

The only solution is to stick to AA and don't use jump the snap. This effectively turns it off (please put that option in next year!). Only use spin/swim moves when a DL. You can't speed rush anymore since that activates jts which sucks but its the only way to get balanced line play. Once I accepted this, the game got a lot better.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 09-01-2006 at 06:23 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »