Home

Sliders For Lower Ranked Teams

This is a discussion on Sliders For Lower Ranked Teams within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2006, 05:44 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Sliders For Lower Ranked Teams

I'm playing a Campus Legend with Temple (they're ranked near dead last with the newer Blacklover rosters) I play current gen (ps2) on All American with The Aub's sliders adjusted a little bit. My question is with the QB Accuracy so low (35) its nearly impossible with lower ranked teams to throw with any type of consistency. I can understand having it that low when youre playing as a top 30 team with a 95 overall QB but when you're QBs are all rated under 70 is it acceptable to bump up the QB Acc for both teams?

I'm playing right now against Kent State and both QBs are around 4/20 with 2 ints. I'm terrified to even throw the ball because 80% of the time it never even comes close to the WR. Just wondering if anyone else had any opinions on the subject. I threw 9 ints in one game (I used all 4 of my QBs in that game because they all kept playing like garbage)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2006, 05:56 PM   #2
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Sliders For Lower Ranked Teams

Well that´s the point... to make good qb good and bad qb bad...

I´m plaing with Buff... i´m using QB acc at 30 and i´m having no problems... when i have my starting qb i throw preatty good actually... over 120rtg every game... but when i have to play with my backup i play really bad.. with tons of overthrows/underthrows... usually those games i stick to my running game.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:20 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Well that´s the point... to make good qb good and bad qb bad...

I´m plaing with Buff... i´m using QB acc at 30 and i´m having no problems... when i have my starting qb i throw preatty good actually... over 120rtg every game... but when i have to play with my backup i play really bad.. with tons of overthrows/underthrows... usually those games i stick to my running game.
How does lowering QB acc make a good QB good and a bad QB bad? My point was that my starting QB is ALREADY a 68 overall. He's already bad and when you lower the QB Acc playing on All American its just magnifying the problem. Not saying Temple is a high powered offense or anything but both of their QBs have connected for over 50% this year. All 4 guys I've used barely sniff 40%
Old 10-02-2006, 01:55 PM   #4
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

OVR: 4

try these...
All-American 9 minutes-slow play(let the play clock go down and run the ball)
everything off...penalties maxed except unsportsmanlike conduct (50)
OFF Hum/Cpu
pass 35/65
block 40/65
wr cat 70/70
run 30/65
block 40/65

DEF
awr 50/45
deflect 50/50
int 0/0
br block 40/50
tack 40/65

SPTeams
power 35/30
acc 0/0
punt 65/65
acc 30/30
ko 70/70

might not be good, but good for me...
oh yeah, run/pass option set for all teams 61/39...all teams...they will play how they do in real life...ie Tex. Tech will throw, Air Force will run...
make sure these settings are done before season is started...
don't ever play back-to-back games...
you can put up some offense and have a chance to win with teams like Temple...try playing 8 minutes instead, cuz with Temple's schedule, you will give up too many points with 9 min. quarters...
Old 10-02-2006, 05:48 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone2117
try these...
All-American 9 minutes-slow play(let the play clock go down and run the ball)
everything off...penalties maxed except unsportsmanlike conduct (50)
OFF Hum/Cpu
pass 35/65
block 40/65
wr cat 70/70
run 30/65
block 40/65

DEF
awr 50/45
deflect 50/50
int 0/0
br block 40/50
tack 40/65

SPTeams
power 35/30
acc 0/0
punt 65/65
acc 30/30
ko 70/70

might not be good, but good for me...
oh yeah, run/pass option set for all teams 61/39...all teams...they will play how they do in real life...ie Tex. Tech will throw, Air Force will run...
make sure these settings are done before season is started...
don't ever play back-to-back games...
you can put up some offense and have a chance to win with teams like Temple...try playing 8 minutes instead, cuz with Temple's schedule, you will give up too many points with 9 min. quarters...
Thanks for the advice; I'm 3-4 with Temple and with the running game I can put up some points its just tough to always run. Especially when you play even a semi good team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2006, 11:17 AM   #6
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

OVR: 4

no problem...you'll have a chance to upset some teams, and other times you will be lucky to hang in there...always finish even if down like 31-7 at the half cuz the cpu will let up sometimes(like real life)...have fun

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »