Home

NJPapi's Heisman Sliders V 1.0

This is a discussion on NJPapi's Heisman Sliders V 1.0 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2007, 05:52 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Thumbs up NJPapi's Heisman Sliders V 4.0 07/22/07

Hi guys I just created version 4.0 which helps the cpu run game and also establishes a more balanced attack by the cpu... As for the human side I find myself running the ball to well now... I made some adjustments to keep me from having a huge time of possesion...The changes are marked in red... Please report with stats if possible...... so far I feel these are the best and most complete ones I have come across... Pleas dont be alarmed if you lose or win big... give them at least 5 games usign diff teams... Let me know

With these you should see the following

1. Less qb sacks from the cpu

2. Less interceptions unless you throw into coverage or on the run a lot

3. Less qb % percentage as now your defenders will play tighter and make more plays on the ball

4. More run game production from both sides...

Please leave feedback and stats if possible....

Offense (Human)

Qb Accuracy 50

Pass Blocking 85

WR Catching 50

RB Ability 45

Run Blocking 60

Offense (CPU)

QB Accuracy 50

Pass Blocking 55

WR Catching 40

RB Ability 45

Run Blocking 100

Defense (Human)

Awareness 75

Knockdowns 100

Interceptions 0

Break Block 0

Tackling 65

Defense (CPU)

Awareness 45

Knockdowns 100

Interceptions 0

Break Block 70

Tackling 50

Special Teams (Human)

FG Power 50

FG Accuracy 50

Punt Power 50

Punt Accuracy 50

Kickoff Power 50

Special Teams (CPU)

FG Power 40

FG Accuracy 40

Punt Power 50

Punt Accu.. 50

Kickoff Pw.. 50

For Penalties Here is what I use:

Everything is maxed out except for clipping which should be at 45 and Roughing the Passer stays at 50

If you want a close to realistic amount of snaps fro both sides then use 8-10 minutes

8 minutes if you dont wait to the playclock drops and if you dont skip through the cutscenses after the tackles. 10 minutes is good if you like to take your time and snap the ball with about 5-10 seconds left on the playclock and not skip through cutscenses

This should give boths offenses about 55-60 snaps

Last edited by GiantsFootBall1977; 07-22-2007 at 10:11 PM. Reason: NJPapi's Heisman Sliders V 4.0 07/22/07
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2007, 06:06 PM   #2
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NJPapi's Heisman Sliders V 1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsFootBall1977
Ok guys this is just the first set for release day. This is only for heisman level.. Please don't ask me if they work for any other level since I only played Heisman level.

I made a couple of videos from EASportWorld.com to show that you can stand in the pocket and deliver. The problem with the sacks is due to mostly scrambling out of the pocket. In heisman level this is a no no... Not only do you get sacked easier but your throws suffer and then the interceptions start to mount.

Check out the first 2 videos of Tennesse (me) at Florida (cpu) using my Heisman sliders.

http://www.easportsworld.com/#video-926/HOME/540

I stood in the pocket and was not afraid to take the hit... I just stood there and looked for my receiver and trusted my o-line after I made some tweaks to the sliders.

This does not mean you will have this proctection all day long. If you have a good o-line then you will see good protection vs the average to low teams. Power Teams will have stud defenses so dont expect to just sit there and pick em apart.

THese sliders are based on the issues I saw and does not reflect the opinions of those with the game today. I had the game for 4 days therefore I saw some things that needed change.

Here they are

1. Human pass blocking
2. Human run blocking
3. CPU pass blocking
4. CPU run blocking

these 4 sliders are all on offense and all were raised. The other offensive sliders were kept the same for now. Human pass blocking was raised so that you can have a realistic amount to scan the field and so that PA works if you are having success on the ground.

Human run blocking had to be raised since holes did not develop in Heisman level much at all. Now you get some holes only if you follow blocks and not use turbo during hand off. You will still get shut down by good defenses so dont think is 150 yards easily

CPU pass blocking is something that some of you would think needs to be lowered. I do not agree because at 50 the cpu was allowing me about 4-5 sacks a game. Specially when I use the d-lineman and jump snap feature. Another key to remember is that by raising the Pass blocking for the cpu you get much less of the cpu qb throwing fade away darts on the money. Now they stand back there and deliver. If you call the right blitzes and coverages or play as the d-lineman you can still get a realistic amount of sacks and pressure.

CPU run blocking had to be raised because I felt that I was stopping the run easily at 50. Now if you play good backs they will hurt you but not to the point where is not realistic.

Defense:

All human defensive sliders were tweaked and all but break block for the cpu was tweaked

Human awarness, knockdowns, and tackling were raised...This is due to the fact that at 50 the human defensive A.i was lacking in coverage and gave to much underneath stuff... Now they play more aggresive but still get torched if playing top receivers or qb's The tackling was raised because the cpu broke all types of tackles.. Now you get them down and those good backs or receivers will break them if you try and hit stick them one on one...

CPU awarness was lowered a bit so that they did not play like supermen... I had linebackers intercept my pass when i threw bullets and they warped to that side... I had a defensive end drop into coverage vs my receiver and pick it off... Thats just not acceptable... Now they play more to their ratings and athletic ability. The knocdowns were raised so that you see the cpu knockdown passes more then intercept them... That is why I lowered the interception for the cpu.. I left break block the same because that is perfect for now... Their tackling was lowered a bit because it was hard to break tackles vs CPU Heisman defense.

Special teams for human was just 2 changes and that was to lower the punt power which was way to high at 50 and lower the kickoff power which saw all kicks go into the endzone..

Special teams cpu had their FG accuracy lowered since they were making long kicks down the middle.. And I lowered their punt and kickoff power to the same level as human

Those are the first things I noticed and now I am getting great tough games which I win and lose but nothing crazy and all games come down to the end.. Vs bad teams you will win if you have a stud team but vs a good team you will lose or find it hard to win late...

This first set may not be for everyone since we all have our own skill set.. But this is just a first set and more will come base on the feedback I get and my views on things as I play more.

Offense (Human)

Qb Accuracy 50

Pass Blocking 75

WR Catching 50

RB Ability 50

Run Blocking 60

Offense (CPU)

QB Accuracy 50

Pass Blocking 60

WR Catching 50

RB Ability 50

Run Blocking 65

Defense (Human)

Awareness 70

Knockdowns 70

Interceptions 15

Break Block 55

Tackling 80

Defense (CPU)

Awareness 45

Knockdowns 60

Interceptions 15

Break Block 50

Tackling 45

Special Teams (Human)

FG Power 50

FG Accuracy 50

Punt Power 45

Punt Accuracy 50

Kickoff Power 45

Special Teams (CPU)

FG Power 50

FG Accuracy 45

Punt Power 45

Punt Accu.. 50

Kickoff Pw.. 45
Looks like a good set of sliders..I too was having the same problems on Heisman and made similar adjustments..still trying to get the INT totals down..
Old 07-18-2007, 05:27 AM   #3
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

I tried these as UNC vs. Georgia Tech. I lost 55-7. Now I know that these should be challenging but I gave up 300 yards passing, 200 rushing. Their QB completed 28-30 passes..I could see if I were playing USC or well Clemson (last year, ouch), but c'mon!
Old 07-18-2007, 07:10 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
I tried these as UNC vs. Georgia Tech. I lost 55-7. Now I know that these should be challenging but I gave up 300 yards passing, 200 rushing. Their QB completed 28-30 passes..I could see if I were playing USC or well Clemson (last year, ouch), but c'mon!

So you are basing this on one game.... Heisman level is tough and if you feel changes needed then work from these... But one game and you complain already... Geeezz bro... Play more games and then tell me what you think... I dont ever give up that many points or yards... So it is possible to win and get real stats.... Is a matter of practice...
Old 07-18-2007, 07:37 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 6

lol, Pete I play as Georgia Tech and have been using these sliders. I must say I wish I could score 55 points in a single game heh.

I haven't found holding down the CPU offense that bad so it may have just been a fluke game. One thing you really have to get used to is the amount of time you ahve in the pocket.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2007, 08:05 AM   #6
Banned

Re: NJPapi's Heisman Sliders V 1.0 (Updated)

I made changes in blue to the first set.... Feedback appreciated
Old 07-18-2007, 08:21 AM   #7
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

I know it's patience and it's supposed to be difficult. With that aside, no matter if I blitzed, zoned, maned, 1 maned, doubled wide, the QB STILL completed almost every single attempt. 28-30!

Unless Taylor Bennett is Montana reincarnate then I understand.

I'll give them another shot but the last game was just ridiculous. They didn't punt once and I gave up 8 yrs / carry.

Maybe the problem is I'm using UNC. I know I'm not supposed to be great or anything but a little competitive would be nice. Did you play with these as a lesser graded team?
Old 07-18-2007, 08:41 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
I know it's patience and it's supposed to be difficult. With that aside, no matter if I blitzed, zoned, maned, 1 maned, doubled wide, the QB STILL completed almost every single attempt. 28-30!

Unless Taylor Bennett is Montana reincarnate then I understand.

I'll give them another shot but the last game was just ridiculous. They didn't punt once and I gave up 8 yrs / carry.

Maybe the problem is I'm using UNC. I know I'm not supposed to be great or anything but a little competitive would be nice. Did you play with these as a lesser graded team?

Of course... I played with Connecticut... VS Florida State and lost 31-17... Maybe you should move to All American because it seems you not ready for Heisman

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »