Home

Zeke's "almost out of the box" AA sliders

This is a discussion on Zeke's "almost out of the box" AA sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2007, 01:33 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Zeke's "almost out of the box" AA sliders

i would like to preface this thread with a little description of where i'm coming from... i have regularly played NCAA on All-American and found it challenging enough... when i recruit a good team of course things get easier but Heisman is just ridiculous so i've sworn not to touch it... i truly think that this year's version is the best in the series and the gameplay is awesome with the following 3 flaws:

1.) Interceptions, especially HUM
2.) Not much of a running game for either side
3.) Not quite enough time in the pocket for HUM QBs, and a bit too difficult to get to the CPU QB

that being said, I decided I would post the sliders i've been using because I feel that I have been getting tremendously realistic games where playcalling is tremendously important and differences in player attributes are noticeable... i know that they look pretty similar to Jistic's recently posted set, but I just can't have the HUM DefAwr any lower... probably due to a lack of skill, as I don't play as much as I used to when I was younger and have never played online to practice my skillz... so hopefully a few of y'all are like me and will give these a whirl... i'd like to hear how these work for others...

AA
7 minute quarters - HUM/CPU

Offense
QB Accuracy - 50/65 (CPU bumped up to throw less INTs)
Pass Blocking - 65/50 (gives you just enough time to go through a progression, but not a second more)
WR Catching - 50/50
RB Ability - 60/60
Run Blocking - 60/60

Defense
Awareness - 50/50 (I had this at 40 and was just too frustrated by my idiots)
Knockdowns - 90/60 (I had CPU higher but they seem to knock all my long passes out of the WRs hands AFTER the catch)
Interceptions - 10/40 (I still get a realistic number of picks for my team, and your QB will be appropriately punished for making stupid throws)
Break Block AND Tackling - 50/50 (I did tweak this but my line of thinking here is the same as with awareness, I still see broken tackles and can get past blocks with realistic frequencies)

(haven't messed with special teams yet because i haven't felt the need to..?)

Penalties all set to 100 except for:
Offensive and Defensive PI - 75
Clipping - 50
Int Grounding, Roughing Passer and Roughing Kicker - 75

I could post some game results if people are interested... had some pretty good games in a Duke dynasty (close losses) the last couple days and was in an intense Wisconsin/Michigan battle tonight (losing 14-0 in the 4th as MI) when I got my first DDE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2007, 01:25 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Zeke's "almost out of the box" AA sliders

for ps2 bro? if so, I truly agree that all american straight out of the box is the best setting they've installed the past five years. If they are in fact for the ps2, I'll will def give you some feedback and hopefully enjoy them.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:42 PM   #3
Pro

this is my second year on 360, but for the several years before that i was ps2... infact these sliders are similar to ones i used on '05 that brought me some great dynasty seasons of what i would call "defensive football"
Old 08-07-2007, 02:10 AM   #4
Pro

told myself I would only bump this thread if i acheived some noteworthy changes in gameplay...

got more and more frustrated with the set above through 2 seasons at SJSU, then restarted with UCLA...

changed my sliders right before my last game... it produced my #1 greatest game w/ a score of 1721... stats and slider update below:

UCLA (8-4) - 24
#9 USC (9-3) - 21

UCLA
RUSH: 21-27 0TD (Williams 11-36, Cowan 4-17)
PASS: 16/27 288yds 3TD (Cowan)
DEF: 3 INT, 1 SACK

USC
RUSH: 21-89 1TD (Washington 15-88, Johnson 4-7 1TD)
PASS: 20/32 237yds 2TD (Booty)
DEF: 1 INT, 6 SACKS

(i won with a 40yd TD pass as time expired, Cowan found Breazell beat the coverage to the very back of the end zone)

*i have been playing 7 mins and i take my time and run clock... i think i will go 8 min next season
*i played with USER INT at 20, i like it better at 10 though
*i know my rushing is low, i was missing my #1 HB, i think the sliders "feel" pretty good

Offense: USER/CPU are equal

QBA: 60
PBK: 60
WRC: 40
RBA: 60
RBK: 60

Defense: USER/CPU

AWR: 50/50
KND: 80/60
INT: 10/15
BBK: 80/30
TAK: 50/50

Sp.Teams: USER/CPU are equal
FGPW, FGAC, PPW, PAC all at 40, KOPW at 45

these sliders are simple yet effective, tuned almost perfectly to my gameplay... i have OK skills and lots of experience with these games, and recognize that the defense is tilted towards the user, but i felt good about finding a good set where the offensive sliders are equal

if you think AA out of the box is close but not quite there, try these sliders and let me know what you think... i may tweak them a little bit more but i am pretty happy with them

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »