Home

We need Global Edits

This is a discussion on We need Global Edits within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2007, 05:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
We need Global Edits

This could be the best football game of all time, but the turnover issues just kill it for me. I experimented by editing some ratings and got a fantastic game. We could fine tune this thing to get ideal game play but we need global edits to make the adjustments. Someone stepped up and made a program for the 2K series, and I hope it's possible on this level.

My experiment included the following adjustments.

+10 QB AWARENESS
+10 QB CARRY
+15 RB/FB CARRY
+10 WR/TE CARRY
-30 LB/CB/SS/FS CATCH
-20 LB/CB/SS/FS SPECTACLUAR CATCH
-20 LB/CB/SS/FS CATCH IN TRAFFIC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2007, 06:52 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: We need Global Edits

i'm definately with that doing it on every team. i did that in the nba 2k7 before patch and it really helped. get this info to dkrause see what he thinks if he wants to do it.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:33 PM   #3
Rookie

It'd be a lot of work, but I think that may be the only solution to the INT and FUMBLE problems.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:49 PM   #4
Rookie

Anybody?
Old 08-05-2007, 10:07 PM   #5
Nyydus

Catch28's Arena

OVR: 6

hmmm I might test this out and see if it is worth the effort

good idea though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2007, 11:26 PM   #6
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgod09
This could be the best football game of all time, but the turnover issues just kill it for me. I experimented by editing some ratings and got a fantastic game. We could fine tune this thing to get ideal game play but we need global edits to make the adjustments. Someone stepped up and made a program for the 2K series, and I hope it's possible on this level.

My experiment included the following adjustments.

+10 QB AWARENESS
+10 QB CARRY
+15 RB/FB CARRY
+10 WR/TE CARRY
-30 LB/CB/SS/FS CATCH
-20 LB/CB/SS/FS SPECTACLUAR CATCH
-20 LB/CB/SS/FS CATCH IN TRAFFIC
We should probably add man and zone coverage in there as well.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:52 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch28
hmmm I might test this out and see if it is worth the effort

good idea though
It is, believe me. I just did one more update with these adjustments.

QB AWARENESS +15
QB ACCURACY -5
RB/FB/TE CARRY +15
DL/LB/CB/S -45 CATCH, SPECTACULAR CATCH, CATCH IN TRAFFIC

I've got a couple awesome games in with both passing attacks between 40%-65% passing, and 1 INT or less. Multiple dropped INTs and only one fumble in the two games. I also had some adjusted slider settings with the INT at zero, and a few more tweaks. What game play, it’s like a completely new game.

The only negative I perceive is the sim engine being thrown out of whack. I did a test sim, and the QB numbers, and fumble numbers did fine, but my team only had 3 INT's. You would also have to edit the incoming freshmen every year to stay in line with the rest of the roster. I can overlook that so long as I get this type of game play. With this game play I would confidently say this is the best football game ever made.

Ideally one of our resident programming geniuses can make up a similar program that was produced for the 2k series. You could run a global edit like I'm talking about it 5 seconds. As is it took me about 20 minutes to edit one team.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:59 PM   #8
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgod09
It is, believe me. I just did one more update with these adjustments.

QB AWARENESS +15
QB ACCURACY -5
RB/FB/TE CARRY +15
DL/LB/CB/S -45 CATCH, SPECTACULAR CATCH, CATCH IN TRAFFIC

I've got a couple awesome games in with both passing attacks between 40%-65% passing, and 1 INT or less. Multiple dropped INTs and only one fumble in the two games. I also had some adjusted slider settings with the INT at zero, and a few more tweaks. What game play, it’s like a completely new game.

The only negative I perceive is the sim engine being thrown out of whack. I did a test sim, and the QB numbers, and fumble numbers did fine, but my team only had 3 INT's. You would also have to edit the incoming freshmen every year to stay in line with the rest of the roster. I can overlook that so long as I get this type of game play. With this game play I would confidently say this is the best football game ever made.

Ideally one of our resident programming geniuses can make up a similar program that was produced for the 2k series. You could run a global edit like I'm talking about it 5 seconds. As is it took me about 20 minutes to edit one team.
This would not work past the first year of Dynasty mode though since you cannot edit players' ratings once you start a Dynasty. I like your thought process though. CPU thrown INTs are such a pain in the...

If you notice the sim stats, there are a ton of QBs with more than 20 INTs on the season and some even near 30 INTs! That stat is completely out of whack as there are rarely QBs that throw that much in a season and most QBs two seasons. Also, there are several teams (defenses) with between 25-32 INTs for a season. Ridiculous! It is the engine we're stuck with in 08 (unless there is a patch ).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »