Home

QB accuracy slider testing in practice

This is a discussion on QB accuracy slider testing in practice within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 07:21 PM   #9
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: QB accuracy slider testing in practice

I definitely agree human qba controls cpu qba. It's pretty apparent in practice after 2 or 3 pass attempts by the cpu. They are weak and the cpu can't throw further than 30 yards.

Simple test with human qba at 0, cpu qba at 100 shows the cpu throwing as if the setting is at 0. H qba at 0 and cpu qba at 50/25/0 all show the same thing and no reversal of the cpu qba (ie set cpu qba at 0 to get 100), it is set by human qba.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:53 AM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I wonder how many other things are like this. I have both human and cpu at 40 and it seems fine to me. Completion percentage are a little high but that is at least in part because of the emphasis on the short passing game.

I know you do a lot of testing so I will trust you on this. I'm always hesitant to believe people saying the sliders are reversed, etc.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:58 AM   #11
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I wonder how many other things are like this. I have both human and cpu at 40 and it seems fine to me. Completion percentage are a little high but that is at least in part because of the emphasis on the short passing game.

I know you do a lot of testing so I will trust you on this. I'm always hesitant to believe people saying the sliders are reversed, etc.
Yeah, I never believe it either, but this year it's rather obvious the cpu sliders at least for qba + wrc do nothing, and are set from the human slider. I'm fairly sure the rest of the offensive sliders don't work for the cpu either and are set from the human ones.

The defensive sliders are a bit harder to nail down if they work the same way because there is no real test to perform like with QBA to determine what's going on. Most of it is subjective.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 11:16 AM   #12
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

This IS starting to make sense now. Guys like Rhombic commented at the community day that adjusting the pass block slider didn't seem to do anything. This was probably the reason. With all of the human offense sliders affecting the cpu, this will be tough to fine-tune the cpu pass blocking vs. run blocking sliders. We can mess with the separate break blocking sliders but this makes it much harder to tweak.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:54 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 25

ALL sliders for Human offense work in corellation with CPU settinsgs except Human Pass Blocking (only human only slider)

Human QBA=CPU QBA
Human RB=CPU RB
Human RBA=CPU RBA
Human WRC=CPU WRC

100% correct. Been testing for 2+ days now.

Only sliders which are correct are Defense. And even they have VERY little effect.

AND...The CPU NEVER EVER...EVER will go deep. Not 3rd and 12 or more and not even when you INTENTIONALLY leave a guy WIDE OPEN...Try it.....They just WILL NOT throw more than 20-25 yds down field IF THAT. Not even when down by 2 scores with 2min left....dink and dunk ONLY!!

Theory holds true through 12 games of testing.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:01 PM   #14
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
ALL sliders for Human offense work in corellation with CPU settinsgs except Human Pass Blocking (only human only slider)
Are you certain of this? Does the cpu pass blocking slider work at all then if its separate?
Old 07-17-2008, 02:16 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Anyone test the crazy theory that CPU RBA = CPU Pass Block slider?

If you go into dynasty mode and change the aggressiveness slider, does the AI ever throw deep?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 02:24 PM   #16
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Anyone test the crazy theory that CPU RBA = CPU Pass Block slider?
I'll try that right now.

...Limited testing - I don't think so. The problem is the difference between 0 and 100 is hard to see. With either the pass blockers dominate.

I would say that human pass block does control cpu pass block though, could be wrong, but that's what I see.

Last edited by mudtiger; 07-17-2008 at 02:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »