Home

Arichzona; 8 minute AA sliders

This is a discussion on Arichzona; 8 minute AA sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2008, 12:17 AM   #65
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Arichzona; 8 minute AA sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson10
OK, I don't want to nor am I trying to get into a debate (its 9pm and it just started lol) but maybe this is something I don't understand at ALL, buy why is it a slider set does not play the same no matter what team you play with. So I play with FSU and you play with ECU. To be realistic, it SHOULD be tougher for the lower teams to win and you should have to be on your game every snap! I am not at all saying it should be a cake walk for me and the Noles, because lets be honest, they are NOT that good. Lots of talent but no execution I guess lol. I just wish there a happy medium and there was a set that worked for you and ECU and me with the Noles. Who knows!!!
No debate here either. I am only suggesting that maybe my games run a litte closer due to the fact that one or more of the following are true:

1) you are better than I am at the game
2) I consistently play with crap teams so playing with a team that is (while not great) better off than my doormats should yield easier "W"'s
3) (you hit this on the head); execution (i.e. player skill level) sometimes trumps, or makes up for, lack of talent (see Or.St)
4) play style. If a slider set works to the tune of "amazing run game" but I am pass happy, I will not see what the creator saw - make sense?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2008, 03:02 PM   #66
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

With my Temple Dynasty (Temple 67 OVR) these slider gave me extremely tight games almost every week, except for when I played PSU and then I got destroyed.

But then I started using these sliders in my PITT dynasty in year 4 (PITT 91 OVR) and I was destroying teams and only getting good close game with other high OVR teams.

So I am thinking if your a cupcake or middle of the road team these sliders are great, but if you like to use really good teams the games become easy. But thats pretty much true with any sliders.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 09-29-2008, 07:00 PM   #67
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

OVR: 4

Arichzona, I gotta say good work. You got some positive comments here and a lot of people tend to lean towards your sliders. I, personally, use MudTiger's, as they have presented me with my overall "best" feel of the game.
I did just want to say that for those of you who are saying these play like crap, or those of you that are seeing a lot of INTs, I have one suggestion. Try playing one game, saving, turning off the system, then rebooting. I have always done this and it keeps the AI from noticing trends in your game. Eliminating these "trends" is key, considering that the CPU trieds to "out do" itself and your playcalling differs from game to game. With this variation, INTs tend to go up a lot! And your logs are evidence of this...the majority of you play a game and then two or three, with the latter being horrible.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:33 PM   #68
Banned

arichzona's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
But then I started using these sliders in my PITT dynasty in year 4 (PITT 91 OVR) and I was destroying teams and only getting good close game with other high OVR teams.
Not to question your opinion or be difficult, but with a 91 OVR team shouldnt you tend to only have the closer games (regularly) with other high OVR teams and destroy the lesser teams?

I play in the SEC (ECU bumped Vandy) and in the Big XII (OSU) and tend to drop around 3-4 games each year.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:37 PM   #69
Banned

arichzona's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone2117
Arichzona, I gotta say good work. You got some positive comments here and a lot of people tend to lean towards your sliders. I, personally, use MudTiger's, as they have presented me with my overall "best" feel of the game.
I did just want to say that for those of you who are saying these play like crap, or those of you that are seeing a lot of INTs, I have one suggestion. Try playing one game, saving, turning off the system, then rebooting. I have always done this and it keeps the AI from noticing trends in your game. Eliminating these "trends" is key, considering that the CPU trieds to "out do" itself and your playcalling differs from game to game. With this variation, INTs tend to go up a lot! And your logs are evidence of this...the majority of you play a game and then two or three, with the latter being horrible.
Thanks for the kind words and ideas. My suggestion (not to be cocky) but is simply to not make stupid passes. IMO those should be punished with INT's.

My big complaint, and I have seen this with every slider set, made by anyone over the past couple versions is the cpu throwing one pick which means that you are going to get at least three more in the same qtr.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:09 PM   #70
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
Not to question your opinion or be difficult, but with a 91 OVR team shouldnt you tend to only have the closer games (regularly) with other high OVR teams and destroy the lesser teams?

I play in the SEC (ECU bumped Vandy) and in the Big XII (OSU) and tend to drop around 3-4 games each year.
Yeah that's true but that's not fun for me. I cant stand to win my conference every year, I just lose interest. But I play with MAC teams alot and its a great battle every year, very fun conference to play in.

Dont get me wrong, I love your sliders and still use them. Just throwing in my 2 cents in.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 10-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #71
Banned

arichzona's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
Yeah that's true but that's not fun for me. I cant stand to win my conference every year, I just lose interest. But I play with MAC teams alot and its a great battle every year, very fun conference to play in.

Dont get me wrong, I love your sliders and still use them. Just throwing in my 2 cents in.
I know where you are coming from.... it is esactly why I left c-usa for the sec. Not that I like to lose but there are times when you simply should not win - like you do.

honestly, once NBA2k comes out I probably will not touch this game again til bowl season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2008, 02:31 PM   #72
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

OVR: 4

Hate to hear that you wont be playing this anymore...you really did do wonders for me. I had gotten into the habit of only really playing on weekends, after years of staying up all night long playing a full week's worth of my 12 team dynasty. I used to breeze through seasons and this year, it has been different. I think it was because of last years game. That really made me switch back to the PS2 (mostly because of eye black and breathe rights ** i know, horrible** and the game play was much better). So this year, I had begun to enjoy it, but really didn't get that into it. That is until I found your sliders and the patch. Since then, I have had almost every game be the new number 1 on all time games. I think only a handful have not shown up as a ranked game. And I am finally losing games that I am supposed to lose. I think I've lost like 6 games since starting your sliders, compared to about 2 without your sliders. I just wish I would have had these sliders at the beginning of the season. then I wouldnt have seen UTEP beat Texas...that will never, ever happen, but I did it. And in a blow out too.
I gotta say thank you man! I have begun playing this game every day, right after work. I usually get about 4 games in, with 9 minute quarters. Pretty sweet for me, considering that i am married, and work 8-5.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »