Home

firktaf's Heisman Sliders (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED By AuburnAlumni)

This is a discussion on firktaf's Heisman Sliders (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED By AuburnAlumni) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2008, 03:58 AM   #73
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: firktaf's Heisman Sliders (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED By AuburnAlumni)

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Are these the most up to date sliders? Just a question, AA (and others) say that this has helped the pass rush issues. How is it that the CPU settings are higher thatn User? Not doubting , just curious. Id like to give them a try if ic an find the most up to date set that people are using
In regards to the CPU settings, check out my first post on page 1.

At the time of your post, those were, but nothing is fact at the moment for these sliders. Those are the ones that people have liked so far though. I would say, if anything, it's a great place to start and then you can adjust it to your needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
which would be best to change if the Human run game is too good, but don't want to mess with the CPU run game?
I would suggest raising CPU Defence Awareness and CPU Tackling, both of which I did with the sliders I just updated.

EDIT: Also, obviously I haven't posted here much previous to this, but for this multi-quote thing, does anyone know if it will work over multiple pages? Or would I have to do one for each page like I just did? I wouldn't imagine it does, but I figured I would ask anyway.

Last edited by firktaf; 07-18-2008 at 05:19 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:58 AM   #74
Rookie

NubmareX's Arena

OVR: 1

I played LSU (Me) vs. Penn State (CPU), probably not the best team to work out sliders with, but they were closely matched. I only played 5 minute quarters because it's getting late over here, lol. Anyway, here are the stats:

Passing:
LSU: 13-25 (52%) - 232 yards - 3 TD's - 2 INT's
Penn State: 19/33 (57%) - 278 yards - 2 TD's - 5 INT's

Rushing:
LSU: 30 rushes - 105 yards - 3.5 AVG
Penn State: 18 rushes - 91 yards (Long 50) - 5.1 AVG (without the 50 yarder, 2.4)

Defense:
LSU: 4 TFL - 0 Sacks
Penn State: 2 TFL - 2 Sacks

In the first half, both teams had a combined 19 yards on 19 rushes. Yikes. I don't know why I started running better, though.

Overall, the sliders are great. I would lower the INT slider for humans, though. I will probably try a different game with these sliders tomorrow (er, later today).

One more thing. Earlier, I lowered the CPU's Pass Blocking to 20 because I couldn't get to the QB if my life depended on it. Then I had 3 straight hurries. So maybe the CPU's offense sliders do work...?
Old 07-18-2008, 05:21 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 2

So i just finished a game with the newest sliders....here are the stats

Arkansas (CPU) @ LSU (ME)
score............... 35 | 38
total offense..... 432 | 370
Rushes/Yds/YPC/TD.. 24/257/10.7/3 | 38/174/4.5/3
Passing Yards/TD/INT...... 175/2/2 | 196/1/0
Comp/Att/%....... 22/32/68% | 17/27/62%
Kick Return YDS..... 175 | 165
Punt Return YDS..... 9 | 23
Sacks......... 1 | 0

So yeah, overall this was a pretty f'ing good game i must say. I started off tearing it up and led 31-14 at half, but they started making a comeback due to that ridiculously fast running back of theirs, who popped off like 3 big runs, including an 82 and 52 yarder. The interceptions were pretty legitimate, as one was right before half on an attempted hail mary (which was taken for a TD), and the other was shortly before the end of the game while the CPU was pass-heavy. A few things I noticed were that my running back was damn good (K. Williams 29/154/5.3/3 TD) and the computer stopped him in the backfield only once the entire game. (maybe lowering run blocking would help this somewhat.) Also, the computer was throwing slants and flats the whole game, easily racking up completions, but they didn't throw deep a single time. I guess thats about it. Good sliders man. new update definitely improved it for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 05:38 AM   #76
Rookie

G0refiend's Arena

Smile Re: firktaf's Heisman Sliders (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED By AuburnAlumni)

These sliders made the game a lot more enjoyable. I have only tried it on AA though. Do these sliders work better on Heisman?
Old 07-18-2008, 05:44 AM   #77
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NubmareX
I played LSU (Me) vs. Penn State (CPU), probably not the best team to work out sliders with, but they were closely matched. I only played 5 minute quarters because it's getting late over here, lol. Anyway, here are the stats:

Passing:
LSU: 13-25 (52%) - 232 yards - 3 TD's - 2 INT's
Penn State: 19/33 (57%) - 278 yards - 2 TD's - 5 INT's

Rushing:
LSU: 30 rushes - 105 yards - 3.5 AVG
Penn State: 18 rushes - 91 yards (Long 50) - 5.1 AVG (without the 50 yarder, 2.4)

Defense:
LSU: 4 TFL - 0 Sacks
Penn State: 2 TFL - 2 Sacks

In the first half, both teams had a combined 19 yards on 19 rushes. Yikes. I don't know why I started running better, though.

Overall, the sliders are great. I would lower the INT slider for humans, though. I will probably try a different game with these sliders tomorrow (er, later today).

One more thing. Earlier, I lowered the CPU's Pass Blocking to 20 because I couldn't get to the QB if my life depended on it. Then I had 3 straight hurries. So maybe the CPU's offense sliders do work...?
Apart from Penn State's rushing stats, those look like pretty good numbers overall to me(especially the QB percentages). I've also thought about possibly bringing down the User Interception rating and probably will drop it down 30 if the User QB Awareness works out at 35. Don't worry too much about those 5 INTs though. Out of all the games I've played and the stats that people have been posting on here, I'm pretty sure this is only the 3rd time that the CPU QB has thrown more than 3. And, even though it's not common, 5 INT games do happen, right? I'm thinking about it though. Right now, I can't decide whether to raise the CPU Interception slider or not because I don't think any User has thrown more than 2 per game.

As for the CPU Offense Sliders, I had gone through each one individually and didn't notice anything. Then, a little later, OMT made a post in the middle of a huge thread so most people didn't see it and he said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
What the testers seem to think is CPU sliders don't do anything. The Human sliders change the Human AI and the CPU AI concurrently. They are now updating their test plans to cover this better so bugs like this will get caught in the future.

Does this make sense with what you guys are seeing?
As I said earlier, I know that the CPU Defense sliders work though and I'm confident that he was only referring to the CPU Offense. So, I would be surprised if they were working.

Last edited by firktaf; 07-18-2008 at 05:47 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:00 AM   #78
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcards213
So i just finished a game with the newest sliders....here are the stats

Arkansas (CPU) @ LSU (ME)
score............... 35 | 38
total offense..... 432 | 370
Rushes/Yds/YPC/TD.. 24/257/10.7/3 | 38/174/4.5/3
Passing Yards/TD/INT...... 175/2/2 | 196/1/0
Comp/Att/%....... 22/32/68% | 17/27/62%
Kick Return YDS..... 175 | 165
Punt Return YDS..... 9 | 23
Sacks......... 1 | 0

So yeah, overall this was a pretty f'ing good game i must say. I started off tearing it up and led 31-14 at half, but they started making a comeback due to that ridiculously fast running back of theirs, who popped off like 3 big runs, including an 82 and 52 yarder. The interceptions were pretty legitimate, as one was right before half on an attempted hail mary (which was taken for a TD), and the other was shortly before the end of the game while the CPU was pass-heavy. A few things I noticed were that my running back was damn good (K. Williams 29/154/5.3/3 TD) and the computer stopped him in the backfield only once the entire game. (maybe lowering run blocking would help this somewhat.) Also, the computer was throwing slants and flats the whole game, easily racking up completions, but they didn't throw deep a single time. I guess thats about it. Good sliders man. new update definitely improved it for me.
That looks like another great game. And, when you take off the two long runs you listed, the CPU yards/carry drops to 5.6 and would be even lower with the 3rd long run that you didn't list. I don't know what Arkansas' RB will be like this year but if he's anything like Jones or McFadden, then those stats look even better.

I was little concerned about putting the Run Blocking that high, but I did it more for the CPU Running Back than the User. I'll try lowering the Run Blocking back down tomorrow and see what happens. I'm not expecting it to be the way to go because, in the half that I played with these sliders, the CPU running back was just average with a 3.3 yrd/car. I'll definitely try it though and see what happens.

Btw, are you playing on AA like I recommended to you on page one or did you try Heisman again like I suggested with the new sliders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0refiend
These sliders made the game a lot more enjoyable. I have only tried it on AA though. Do these sliders work better on Heisman?
Personally, I think they play better on Heisman. This hasn't been the case for everyone though as some people have had great games on AA. You'll see less of a pass rush on Heisman than AA(I still get about 1-2, sometimes 3 sacks a game though) but on Heisman, I think it's more realistic and more competitive. I had the feeling that I would win most of the games I played on AA and that's not the case with Heisman as I've won and lost multiple games.

Last edited by firktaf; 07-18-2008 at 06:06 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:21 AM   #79
Rookie

G0refiend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by firktaf
Personally, I think they play better on Heisman. This hasn't been the case for everyone though as some people have had great games on AA. You'll see less of a pass rush on Heisman than AA(I still get about 1-2, sometimes 3 sacks a game though) but on Heisman, I think it's more realistic and more competitive. I had the feeling that I would win most of the games I played on AA and that's not the case with Heisman as I've won and lost multiple games.
Ok, I will try it on Heisman tomorrow and see how it goes. Just for kicks, I tired your sliders on a 7 min, AA game with Hawaii(Me) Vs. Georgia. With your sliders, I was actually able to win the game 41-38. I noticed that I was getting more of a pass rush and Stafford was making some poor decisions throwing the ball although I was being brutalized by their running game.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:18 AM   #80
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

Yeah, I don't think that result would've happened on Heisman but who knows, that's why you play the game, right? However, it's great to see that you were brutalized by Moreno, lol. I've seen multiple posts in a bunch of different complaint threads about how people were upset that Moreno wasn't getting any rushing yards against them and here he is now getting his yardage. You wouldn't happen to still have access to those stats, do you? I would love to see those.

Last edited by firktaf; 07-18-2008 at 07:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »