Home

firktaf's Heisman Sliders (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED By AuburnAlumni)

This is a discussion on firktaf's Heisman Sliders (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED By AuburnAlumni) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2008, 09:45 AM   #9
Pro

Dauminator's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: firktaf's Heisman Sliders (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED By AuburnAlumni)

One concern I have with these is the length of the quarters. I want to play Campus Legend but the super sim (which I use all the time when my guy's not playing-helps me get games in) still only uses 3-4 seconds a play. If I up the quarter length, it will ramp up the game's offensiveness even more.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:54 AM   #10
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
These are extremely close to what I've been using on AA. My one question is about INT's. I still have my HUM INT at 0, and last night using Auburn we had nine...NINE int's against BYU. I did have the QB accuracy a little lower though.

Are you getting good CPU int numbers with these?
Wow, that's a lot of picks. These are probably user picks, right? Personally, I haven't had a chance to test the sliders too much but, last night I was playing on Heisman and with knockdowns lower than listed here and had a game where I had 5 interceptions. However, 3 of those came in the final 3-4 minutes and it felt like they were forcing the ball because they were behind at the end of the game so I wasn't sure how much I should take them into consideration. And then I just played a game on AA that I'm about to post the stats for and I had 4 interceptions in that game. But once again, I only had 2 coming into the final 4 minutes or so and picked up some more. I've been seeing a decent amount of balls that look like they should be INTs but are dropped for both teams. Also, I don't feel like they were cheap either. They were either poor decisions by the QB, a tough unsuccessful throw by the CPU, or just poorly thrown ball(one INT was like 5 yards away from their receiver and went right to my defender). However, pjv31 listed some stats from 2 games he played with the sliders and in the first game he had 2 interceptions and then in the second game he only had 1.

How much further down did you have the User QB Accuracy? I remember from my testing that when I had it down at 0 nearly every pass for both sides was an INT(but now that I think of it, I also and both INT sliders at 100), so that may or may not be the issue.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:02 AM   #11
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauminator
One concern I have with these is the length of the quarters. I want to play Campus Legend but the super sim (which I use all the time when my guy's not playing-helps me get games in) still only uses 3-4 seconds a play. If I up the quarter length, it will ramp up the game's offensiveness even more.
That would require some testing. The sliders work pretty well for the gameplay but as far as the clock is concerned, your main goal will to get about 120-130 plays in total(60-65 per team). And, for a full game, 8 minutes gets you around 120 plays. So, for Campus Legend, you'll probably want it at around 4-5 minutes. Just try it out, if you're short of 120, then add another minute. If you're over 130, then try a minute less and see what works for you. So, just change the clock length when you decide to go into Campus Legend. In fact, I believe that once you are in that mode that you can adjust the sliders and time inside of Campus Legend and it doesn't affect your default sliders or time out in the Main Menu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 10:10 AM   #12
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Great job on the sliders firktaf!
Old 07-17-2008, 10:24 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

So if the Human sliders effect the CPU and the cpu sliders have no effect, why not set the Human PB at 0? How is the pass rush with these sliders?
Old 07-17-2008, 10:27 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 10

I'm going to try these on AA but while these fix a ton of other things I still got very little pressure on blitzes and the Temple, TEMPLE back up QB came in in the 3rd for an injured starter and went 11 for 12 for 200 and a pair of TD's. Frustrating. Maybe it'll help when I bump it down to AA from Heisman.

Anyway, good sliders but I wouldn't say they fix EVERYTHING just yet.
RIP #21

DC United 2008 US Open Cup Champions
Old 07-17-2008, 10:32 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I've had it as 25 for both. But it was a pick fest. I think INT slider does little to nothing....again. But I never had a game with 9 user picks even last year. I'm gonna bump accuracy up to 40 and see how much that helps.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 10:44 AM   #16
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

Ok, I just tested the sliders on All American with RB Ability at 90 and 8 minutes per quarter per AuburnAlumni's recommendation at the first post so I figured that I would post my stats.

First off, for those that don't know, I previously had only used average rated teams so I decided to use some equally rated good teams. The game was Tennessee@Texas(Me) and they just so happen to be rated equally in every category. I also made sure it was clear and sunny without any wind. So, here are my stats from the game:

Passing
Texas QB
15/22(68%) - 171 yards - 2 TDs - 0 INTs - Long of 32

Tennessee QB
26/35(74%) - 231 yards - 0 TDs - 4 INTs - Long of 23

Rushing
Texas RB1 - Injured for 1-2 quarters
24 Att. - 119 yards - 4.9 yds/car. - Long of 18

Texas RB2
12 Att. - 107 yards - 8.9 yds/car. - Long of 73

Tennessee RB
29 Att. - 111 yards - 3.8 yds/car. - Long of 17

Defense
Texas
9 Tackles for Loss - 1 Sack

Tennessee
12 Tackles for Loss - 2 Sacks

Well, I think the rushing game obviously looked great in this game but the passing game felt unstoppable at times for both sides. It's a bit disheartening to look at the stats and see that the Tennessee QB only had 5 balls fall to the ground. I also don't recall seeing the QB go deep at all. I'll have to try these again later on Heisman to make sure that the good running stats can happen up there. Maybe User Defense Awareness should be raised to help bring down the Completion percentage.

I also tried out adembroski's idea for punts and I ended up punting the ball 70 yards in the air, lol. Red zone to Red zone. For kickoffs, I tried bumping up the slider to 70 and then I kicked it out of the end zone with no wind so I put it back down to 65. At 65, the ball goes around the goal line, some shorter and some deeper, but it's generally 4 yards in either direction with no wind. The average returns ended up between the 28 yard line and the 35.

For field goals, the CPU missed a 42 yarder and I missed a 52 yarder despite the fact that I had it lined right, hit it accurately, and it had enough distance. So that was interesting.

It was an okay game, I won 38-14 and, even though the passing game was tough to defend and that the teams were pretty even, I always felt like I had the advantage and would probably win 95% of the games I play on this setting. I'm definitely leaning towards Heisman for myself though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »