Home

Pre Patch: HUM Offense (Heisman), HUM Defense (All American)

This is a discussion on Pre Patch: HUM Offense (Heisman), HUM Defense (All American) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 06:42 PM   #1
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Pre Patch: HUM Offense (Heisman), HUM Defense (All American)

I've been experimenting and have decided for my offline dynasty, I'm going to be using a combo of Heisman and All American.

I'm using the OS Legends Sliders posted on this forum.

When I'm on Offense or during all Special Teams, I have the Game on Heisman Difficulty.

When the CPU is on Offense, I switch the difficulty to All American and make one slider tweak...HUM (aka HUM/CPU because it affects both) Run Block to 100.

That's it.

This has given me some beautiful games for one major fact.

I get the benefit of tougher CPU Defense on Heisman, but I eliminate about 99% of the cheesiness of Heisman when I play on Defense.

With my slider settings and at AA level on D, I can get pressure, the pancakes are controlled immensely, AND...most importantly...ROBO QB is almost non existent. The CPU doesn't have ESP and throw immediately on a blitz. The QB holds the ball and plants his feet for a throw, etc.

If you don't mind switching in between possessions...I strongly suggest trying this out. It's made a world of difference for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 08:13 PM   #2
stewaat

OVR:
Re: Pre Patch: HUM Offense (Heisman), HUM Defense (All American)

Yea I'm doing this as well via convos with AA.

I switched it up slightly and put run block at 50 and just leave it that way for both HUM/CPU.

I love no seeing robo QB and I love the challenge of trying to score on Heisman.

It takes about five seconds to switch and is 100% worth it. Personally I wish we could do this in our online dynasty. Robo QB is going to make me break something.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:25 PM   #3
Rookie

mistershadez's Arena

OVR: 8

Hey Auburn....are you using the ones you originally posted or firktaf's V2 on like pg 25 of the same thread you started??
Old 08-12-2008, 08:27 PM   #4
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistershadez
Hey Auburn....are you using the ones you originally posted or firktaf's V2 on like pg 25 of the same thread you started??
I'm using the OS LEGENDS SLIDERS posted on here.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:59 PM   #5
Rookie

mistershadez's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I'm using the OS LEGENDS SLIDERS posted on here.
Found them. Thanks bro....going to give the Heisman/AA switch a try later on tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 09:10 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

How is the pass rush on All American Auburn? Is there sigficantly less pancaking and stonewalling? The problem I will have with these is that Heisman is pretty competetive for me(not realistic enough for my liking though) and I have to bump up rb ability and run blocking to get the cpu to run better so on All American it will probally make the game too easy.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:35 PM   #7
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
How is the pass rush on All American Auburn? Is there sigficantly less pancaking and stonewalling? The problem I will have with these is that Heisman is pretty competetive for me(not realistic enough for my liking though) and I have to bump up rb ability and run blocking to get the cpu to run better so on All American it will probally make the game too easy.
The Better Pass Rush and Lack of Robo QB is the main reason for the Heisman/AA switch for me.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:46 AM   #8
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I've been experimenting and have decided for my offline dynasty, I'm going to be using a combo of Heisman and All American.

I'm using the OS Legends Sliders posted on this forum.

When I'm on Offense or during all Special Teams, I have the Game on Heisman Difficulty.

When the CPU is on Offense, I switch the difficulty to All American and make one slider tweak...HUM (aka HUM/CPU because it affects both) Run Block to 100.

That's it.

This has given me some beautiful games for one major fact.

I get the benefit of tougher CPU Defense on Heisman, but I eliminate about 99% of the cheesiness of Heisman when I play on Defense.

With my slider settings and at AA level on D, I can get pressure, the pancakes are controlled immensely, AND...most importantly...ROBO QB is almost non existent. The CPU doesn't have ESP and throw immediately on a blitz. The QB holds the ball and plants his feet for a throw, etc.

If you don't mind switching in between possessions...I strongly suggest trying this out. It's made a world of difference for me.
Which way are you leaning when the 2nd patch comes out? AA or Heisman?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »