Home

Buckeye Cntry's Varsity Sliders

This is a discussion on Buckeye Cntry's Varsity Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2008, 08:46 PM   #1
Rookie

buckeye cntry's Arena

OVR: 2
Buckeye Cntry's Varsity Sliders

FINAL SET-Started dynasty and like what I am seeing.

Varsity
-7 min quarters (I choose plays pretty quick using Corso's three or so screens).
-Everything turned on except HFA and QB Quiz (turned off).
-On offense I control the player with the ball
-On defense I control a DL and occasionally switch to a DB to "swat" a ball down to avoid a HUM interception.

Penalty Adjustments:
Offsides-50
False Start-90
Holding-90
Facemask-50
Off Pi-50
Def Pi-50
KR/PR Int-90
Clipping-90
***Int Grounding-0 (This is awesome in my opinion, maybe a little unrealistic, but if you feel the heat in the pocket throw the ball away to avoid a sack. I haven't seen an intentional grounding penalty yet and it decreases my completion percentage).
Roughing Passer-50
Roughing Kicker-50

Sliders:
*Final Adjustments-Also lowered hum defensive aggression to 10 in the coaching strategy. Seems to help lower user picks.
Human Offense
Passing Accuracy 35 ( I get a good deep ball, at 30 I felt too many underthrown balls leading to picks).
Pass blocking 15
WR Catching 0 (leads to realistic dropped balls decreasing QB%)
RB Ability 60*
Run Blocking 50

Human Defense
Defensive Awr 15
Knockdowns 60*
Interceptions 0
Break Block 25
Tackling 30

Human Special Teams
FG Length 5
FG Accuracy 35
Punt Length 0
Punt Accuracy 35*
Kickoff length 60

Computer Offense
Passing Accuracy 60*
Pass Block 5*
WR Catching 5*
RB Ability 60
Run Block 100

Computer Defense
Defensive Awr 100
Knockdowns 90
Interceptions 0
Break Block 100
Tackling 40*

Computer Special Teams
FG Length 5*
FG Accuracy 35*
Punt Length 25
Punt Accuracy 35*
Kickoff Length 70*

Last edited by buckeye cntry; 11-07-2008 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Final Sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2008, 12:58 AM   #2
Rookie

buckeye cntry's Arena

Re: Buckeye Cntry's Varsity Sliders

A couple of changes may be in the works here. I can't find a happy medium with the run game. It's either too wide open or I can't move the ball at all. I am going to do more testing, but I am either going to lower HUM RB Ability or up CPU Tackling. I am about ready to trade this game in and go back to 2006.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:08 AM   #3
Rookie

buckeye cntry's Arena

Changes were made and edited in the first post
HUM
RB Ability 60 to 50
Knockdowns 80 to 70
Tackling 35 to 25

CPU
Tackling 60 to 75

I am still testing these
Old 10-12-2008, 05:16 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

These are somewhat like the ones I'm using - I'm restarting my franchise later today, so I'll load these in and use them. I play a ''player lock'' style, where I'm the quarterback only, so these look playable.

Thanks.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:51 AM   #5
Rookie

buckeye cntry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Honor
These are somewhat like the ones I'm using - I'm restarting my franchise later today, so I'll load these in and use them. I play a ''player lock'' style, where I'm the quarterback only, so these look playable.

Thanks.

I am getting decent results, but not completely satisfied. I am thinking about upping the HUM/CPU cth 5 or 10 and lowering HUM blocking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2008, 04:40 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye cntry
I am getting decent results, but not completely satisfied. I am thinking about upping the HUM/CPU cth 5 or 10 and lowering HUM blocking.
My previous sliders - I had human pass blocking at '0.' Seemed to work out well, at least for me. Human Catching was also at '0' and I still had a high completion percentage.

Again, I use a ''player lock'' style where I only control the Quarterback. I do not, at any time, switch to any other player. Which means, when I hand the ball off, I let the RB go. When I pass the ball, the WR does what he does. I also ask Corso on offense, no matter how stupid the call is. So, we're not going to get the same results.

I just find the game to be too easy, on every level, if I control every player. I'm actually finding the game to be a hell of a lot of fun, and competitive playing this way, so I'm hooked.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:26 PM   #7
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

OVR: 4

In all honesty, try switching your penalties to zero. It is a new theory going around and works well. The running game works well for both HUM and CPU. So, try getting your game at the harder level, where you get stuffed and adjust the penalties. You should see the holes open up a little
Old 10-13-2008, 08:37 PM   #8
Rookie

buckeye cntry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone2117
In all honesty, try switching your penalties to zero. It is a new theory going around and works well. The running game works well for both HUM and CPU. So, try getting your game at the harder level, where you get stuffed and adjust the penalties. You should see the holes open up a little
I submitted a reply to you on mudtigers thread regarding this same question. You can disregard that one. I appreciate your feedback. With the penalty sliders to zero have you noticed that the interceptions on AA have decreased. I like the feel of AA, but HUM int's on AA were rediculous. That's why I moved to Varsity. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »