Home

**PSP SLIDERS** (All-American)

This is a discussion on **PSP SLIDERS** (All-American) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2008, 02:21 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 16
**PSP SLIDERS** (All-American)

Let's get the PSP in on the action. Not a lot of people working on or even caring about the PSP version of NCAA 09. It is still a broken game (big surprise right?) but I thought I'd open up a thread. Work in progress so give 'em a try!

All-American
7-Minutes
All Penalties at 99% **Holding and Face Mask at 60%**
HFA-On
-----------
OFFENSE HUM/CPU
QB Accuracy - 99/99
Pass Block - 20/0
WR Catching - 20/20
RB Ability - 45/70
Run Blocking - 25/99

DEFENSE
Awareness - 50/99
Knockdowns - 99/99
Interceptions - 0/0
Break Block - 65/70
Tackling - 20/30

SPECIAL TEAMS
FG Power - 75/75
FG Accuracy - 10/10
Punt Power - 80/80
Punt Accuracy - 35/35
Kickoff Power - 80/80

**Notes**
Penalties are crazy in the PSP version. Holding is usually called every other play. Good balance when holding and face mask are at 60%.

Quarterbacks just plain suck in this game. Not by abilities but just by sheer faulty physics in the game. Putting QBA at 99 for both human and cpu allow some realism. I say some because there are robo qb moments but passes are missed. I tried to offset the QBA by tuning up the defense and toning down the WR Catching.

Decent human running game. For about every 5 or 6 carries you break a big gain. When running counters sometimes you get stuffed sometimes you break it. All in all it's hit or miss. I'm still trying to find a good balance. Good luck with the CPU run game. Sometimes they only runt he ball 10-15 times a game total. I tried to make it somewhat of a challenge so the RB puts up realistic numbers while not making it so they gain 10 yards every carry. Still experimenting on this one.

Defense is solid for the most part. Sometimes you can stop the CPU and sometimes you want to throw the game against the wall. Still working on trying to find some consistency. As for the human element, it's tough but fair. You have to tune it to your ability.

All in all this is the best I can do so far. I've played several games of great teams vs. great teams; bad vs. bad; great vs. bad; and bad vs. great. Sorry, no stats though. Try them out and see how they work for you. The PSP version is tough to find happy medium for sliders. So like I said before, tweak them to your own personal ability. When I make updates to the sliders I'll update this first post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2008, 07:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: **PSP SLIDERS** (All-American)

My own modifications to the sliders consisted of boosting HUM offensive settings (particularly pass accuracy and WR catching to 99), and devaluing all CPU defensive settings to 0. Despite this, pass completions are incredibly poor. Fundamental problems exist that no slider will probably help, such as poor WR awareness, greatly reduced chance of completion if there is any defender within 10 ft of the QB, and worst, that the WR will animate himself out of catching position even when completely open otherwise.

So, we have to live with a certain amount of interceptions and low completions. And that the CPU defense regularly streams through the O-line during blitzes, no matter how high pass block is set.

On the other side, I have had to boost HUM defensive settings, though not by as much, and lower CPU defensive settings, also not by as much (except putting interceptions at 0). Still trying to balance things out in terms of pass completion and running ability. My measure has become making it as good/bad for the CPU as it is for me.

What possibly seems to help, unfortunately, is changing from All-American to pithy Varsity. No HFA, since crowds should respond to gameplay and scoring rather than an on-field player waving his arms (philosophically speaking). And pressing SELECT repeatedly gets old.

All penalties mostly at 0.

I'll be interested to see how your initial settings may change or not with more game experience.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ok, resurrection of this thread. How are fumbles for these sliders? That has been my biggest problem besides the lack of decent passing games and blocking. If these sliders make the game more enjoyable, I may have to dig out NCAA 09 and play again. I've missed playing college football.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:58 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 16

fumbles aren't usually a problem. The only time fumbles get out of hand are with option plays. Terrible AI in terms of pitching the ball. Still testing these sliders. I tried Heisman for awhile but it just got ridiculous (I threw 15 interceptions in 1 game) on the CPU part. So now I'm trying AA again. Maybe switch to Varsity and see how that works.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:02 PM   #5
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

I'll tell you what, playing defense on heisman default is actually pretty good. Its just that playing offense is near impossible. The defense jumps through the line and doesn't even give you the possibility to run on any form of a consistent basis. Throwing is just as impossible as on the other levels but I can at least scramble with the QB and occasionally complete a deep ball.

I really, really want to get into this game and can even overlook some of the passing and fumbling issues, but I can't get a balanced game at all. Either I struggle on offense on all american and dominate on defense, or I play good defense on Heisman but get negative offensive yards.

I'm hoping someone else out there with this game has been tinkering with the sliders to find an easy fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2008, 01:56 PM   #6
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

I think I stumbled upon a way to play this game on default sliders (or with only a few minor changes) and have really realistic games. It really fixes all the passing problems. Here's a link to my post about it.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2039031032

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »